39 replies to this topic

#1 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

...then listen to these peeps. and be more afraid?

http://www.myspace.com/a06rock

#2 AreJay

AreJay

Stuck In The Middle Of Patience And Animosity

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

I had the hook from Fear & Loathing stuck in my head for a month when he first put it up.

Album should be out any week now, I hope.
Posted Image

#3 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

definitely a great song

#4 wax wings

wax wings

The Swine Who Smiles

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:34 PM

AreJay, on May 14 2008, 10:26 PM, said:

I had the hook from Fear & Loathing stuck in my head for a month when he first put it up.

Album should be out any week now, I hope.

oddly enough, just watched fear and loathing in las vegas..

#5 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:27 AM

i hate it when bands like this call themselves progressive.

catchy stuff.

#6 Russell

Russell

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:40 AM

there's a concept, man. story-in-music automatically = progressive. its simple algebra.

#7 andy3

andy3

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Bass, Music, Girls

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:27 PM

Love this stuff. How long must we wait for the album though?

#8 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

June 10th

"Yeah. That's right. You read it correctly. It's been a long haul, but I have finally set up every piece of the necessary puzzle and am ready to unveil the album to the world.

Sometime tonight, I will make a Podcast about all the info for the album, such as where you can buy it, how much it will be, etc.

I will probably type up a transcript of what I say in the podcast later to post in a blog for those who don't do podcasts. I will also upload the album cover soon as well! I am trying to think of a clever way to do it, but I'm pretty tired of working on this thing, so I'll probably just post it later tonight.

So start spreading the word, please! Tell your friends, tell your favorite music blogs, etc. etc. The wait is almost over... just 4 weeks and you'll finally be able to get your own copy. I hope you enjoy it.

-Matthew"

#9 Russell

Russell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:23 AM

http://blog.myspace....ogID=396058691

June 10th, 2008 Album Release information - Podcast Transcription
Current mood: excited

For those that don't subscribe to the podcast/who can't hear it for whatever reason, I have transcribed exactly what I have said:

Hello, and welcome to the latest and greatest edition of the A06 podcast. The reason that this is the greatest ever is because it will finally give the information about the album which everybody has been, you know, bugging me about for the past… I dunno… year? Or so? So I'm going to start off and I'm going to say that the album is going to be released on June 10th of 2008. That feels really, really good to say because… I mean… you spend so long doing something, it's been about 3 years I've been working on this project, and… just to have a final date to when all my part is over… it's just, I dunno, almost cathartic, I suppose.

So today I spent a couple hours and I finished setting up three different online sources for where you can get this album. So here's the information:

The first source that you'll be able to get this item at is the official A06 webstore, which I have set up at Big Cartel. The address for this will be a06.bigcartel.com. And it's currently all set up... everything… there's three items on it. The first item is the new album, uh, The Chronicles Of A06 Volume I: The Dark Tower Of Cypher Lecleur, priced at $10. The next item is.. I will be selling left over copies of the AIDS EP that we had, because there's still some left. Those are $5. And we also have this compilation CD, from… Illumina Records. And it's the Chicago Compilation Rockers For Life Vol. II, and we're on it, "The Nemesis Program" is on it, and that's for $5. And honestly, I'm thinking, really, if you order both the album and the EP, I'll just throw the other CD in there for free. I dunno. We'll see. So that's the first one. And that store will also eventually have… you know, t-shirts if we get any, posters… hats…. ascots… We'll see what type of merchandise we'll be doing. So all that will be a06.bigcartel.com.

The second place that you can buy this is CD Baby and they will have their store up soon. I sent CDs out today and I registered everything for it. The reason I'm selling it both from my house and from them is what CD Baby's gonna do is they gave this great deal where they also do digital distribution and various in-store distributions, so you might be in the store and actually find A06 on the shelf. I don't know a lot about that yet, they need to get the CD first, but thanks to us having it on CD Baby, if you don't like using PayPal, you can use their site and they'll send it to you, and they're putting it on iTunes. So if you don't actually want to buy the album and you like to use iTunes, you'll be able to get it on iTunes. So hopefully that will all be set up by June 10th.

However, if it's not, the third option will be Snocap, which you can use right off of the Myspace. I set all of that up today, I uploaded it at the highest bitrate possible, and the album is $9.99 for all the mp3s, and I'm going to put that on the Myspace on June 10th.

So those are the three options, plus, you know, the benefits of having iTunes later and I'll have links to everything set up soon. I just gotta get into Photoshop and start making the images that will then become the links.

So… that's really it for this Podcast. We have plans to do a small tour in the summer in July. I'm not going to give too much information about that until everything is finalized, and we'll also be playing other random shows just like we always do. There is no set plan for a record release show but we would all like to do one, so we're gonna try and have some sort of record release show, but we might not end up having that until the tour in July just because of how long it takes some people to get back to us.

And other than that, I guess that's it. I'm really excited to be releasing this. I'm really excited for people to hear it and tell me what they think after all this time, and I'm really sorry it took so long. There's so many people involved in why it took so long and it's my fault of course as well, but it's done now so you'll finally be able to have a copy you can call your own, whether it be physical copy or just an mp3 copy. And I hope that you share it with friends. Feel free to burn your best friend, your boyfriend or girlfriend, your mom or your dad, or your dog or cat a copy of the album. Let them hear it, and if they want to buy it, that's cool. But I really, now that it's done, I really just want as many people to hear it as possible and to enjoy it. So feel free to, you know, share copies.

And yeah other than that… yeah, that's basically it. I am currently … I don't know, tired's not the word… brain dead. So I'm going to go back to the SciFi Indiana Jones marathon that they're currently doing, and don't forget the new Indiana Jones movie comes out this coming Friday, May 22nd, and even if it doesn't get the best reviews ever, it doesn't matter because it's Indiana Jones so it's going to rock. And anyone that has seen us perform live knows how much we love Indiana Jones, considering we open by playing the theme from it. So yeah… I hope everybody has a good day, and I hope you enjoy the album when it comes out, and thanks for sticking with me and with A06 for this long. I really, really, really appreciate it.
-Matt

#10 clarissa

clarissa

The Only One That Didn’t Fold

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:35 AM

A06 can have my love

#11 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

cd is out now. i ordered mine from cdbaby and am anxiously awaiting its arrival

#12 AreJay

AreJay

Stuck In The Middle Of Patience And Animosity

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

Album is so good. March On To the End= Best song EVARRRRRRRRR
Especially at the end with the gang vox and you can hear Casey
Posted Image

#13 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,537 posts
  • Interests:Music, Video Games, Reading, Friends, Talking, Etc Etc

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:20 AM

I have the Album of A06. ( : And as I wrote in The Dear Hunter Storyline, I can also do one for the first volume of A06.
Sing Softly, Sing me to The Lake...
Sing Softly, Bring me to The Lake...

#14 Keagan

Keagan

BREATHE IN! BREATHE OUT!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Interests:Music and Women. Lots of women.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

Do it to it.

Posted Image

#15 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

A06 story is much easier to get from the songs than the dear hunter story though

#16 Jord

Jord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Music, both listening and playing (guitar, drums and keys), films, TV, books, gaming, comics. The usual really.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:46 PM

I love Matt. He e-mailed me personally when there was a problem with my album (I was an overseas customer) and let me have a high quality download of it while I waited. Also, the album rocks. The Dear Hunter should take A06 on tour so I can see both in one glorious night.
Posted Image

#17 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:52 PM

Ok then I will do the A06 Storyline. And I know its very easy so here I go. (And also I seriously have no life. (>_>))

The Chronicles of A06 Volume I: The Dark Tower of Cypher Lecleur

1.) The Chronicles of A06 Volume I: The Dark Tower of Cypher Lecleur: The Song is Instrumental I like to think of it like where the volume takes place. Like it shows The Dark Tower and Shadow Forest like a new day starts its Dawn.

2.) The Fears of The Nation: This is the concept of the Robot Assasins. That Cypher makes. You see According to Matt. (I also talked to him too. I know I have to stop being a stalker. Lol) Cypher; manufacture robot assasins and runs a big corporation. And also Cypher controls parts of the world. (As you can see this song is about the robot assasins and also some war.)

3.) The Nemesis Program: After a job done A06 (Note: A06 means: Assasin #06) returns to The Dark Tower. And the scientist try to install a program called The Nemesis Program. But something happens and then A06 gets Human thoughts. The Scientists try to shut him down and try to fix him. But they end up activating the Nemesis Program ironically killing them.

4.) Be Frightened: A06 fleds into the city beside The Dark Tower and hides in the alley. He does not know what has happened to him and decides he will stay there until he finds out what his "thoughts are." He sees a group of children playing with a ball and the ball falls into the alley. A girl by the name of Emily Alice decides to get the ball. She meets A06 and offers him to play with her. She accidently activates The Nemesis Program and gets killed.

5.) The Death of Emily Alice: A06 sees what he has done and decides that he wants to kill Cypher so his "brothers" (Assasin robots) Will never kill again. And then kill himself. ((-_///) Emo) A06 then heads to The Dark Tower.

6.) Fear and Loathing Atop The Dark Tower: Cypher discovers the escape of A06 by a scientist who survived the massacer. After throwing the scientist who told him about the escape, he goes to the basement and kills the rest of the survivors of the Masacer. He then summons one of his top assasins a group of undead andriods known as The Psycho Squad.

7.) Into Shadow Forest: A06 running toward The Dark Tower enter Shadow Forest and meets up with two people. There names are Jack and Lydia. They all want Cypher dead. (Jack: To Avenge his father's death. Cypher Killed his father.) (Lydia: So her people will get there homes back from The Dark Tower.) A06 decides to team up with them and they continue to head to The Dark Tower.

8.) The Psycho Squad: Back in the city, The Psycho Squad is looking everywhere for A06. And this song is about the Concept of the Psycho Squad as they have no emotion and seek joy in killing.

9.) Showdown at Pier 19: Jack, Lydia and A06 meet up with the Psycho Squad and they have a battle. Jack, Lydia and A06 obviously win and they reach The Dark Tower.

10.) The Revenge of Emily Alice: Jack, Lydia and A06 reach The Dark Tower in there. They battle off the security drones. And eventually reach Cypher. Cypher then admits defeat and they kill him.

11.) March on to The End: Jack, Lydia and A06 find out that the Cypher they killed was an imposter (an andriod) Only to give them a message. Then The Dark Tower is destroyed everyone celebrates and then Jack, Lydia and A06 make the journey to The City on the edge of forever. (Where the real Cypher is.) Not knowing that Cypher will be sending off his army to get rid of them. (So pratically thet are screwed. Badly. And are gonna get PWNED By Cypher.)

12.) Hidden Song: (A song at the very end of March on to The End.) A06 is sleeping between Jack and Lydia and Cypher is watching A06. (Stalker.) Telling him to rest well for his troubles will start tomorrow.

The End!

Notes:

Volume II will be released two years from now. (Matt wants to release an album once every two years.)

Volume II will discuss more about the death of Jack's father.

Volume III: The main antagonist (Like the main antagonist of Volume I was the Psycho Squad.) would be a robot by the name of Omega X

Emily Alice is a little girl by the age of 3 4 or 5. (Not sure. But Matt told me.)

If A06 gets a bit famous. (If Matt gets alot of money, He will release the A06 Graphic Novel. (Comic book.) So keep buying thos Albums and support A06!!!!

I am Brian and that is it. And some of the credit goes to Michael. (Infidel) For finding out the future plots for A06.

#18 Infidel

Infidel

Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

Once again, great job Brian.

And your welcome for finding out about Omega X ;)

You can interpret stories epically. Like you did with Act I and Act II.

#19 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:06 PM

Infidel, on Jun 24 2008, 07:04 AM, said:

Once again, great job Brian.

And your welcome for finding out about Omega X ;)

You can interpret stories epically. Like you did with Act I and Act II.

Yeah I know you found out about Omega X thank you lol.

#20 doobeedobedoo

doobeedobedoo

The bAdmin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Bangin' broads

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

gay love

Posted Image