53 replies to this topic

#1 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:56 AM

I feel like i should plug a few blogs that are really grabbing my attention lately, blogs that are widely expanding my musical horizons to make me look like a pretentious fuckwad who knows too much about music.

have a look its fun :)

LessMTVMoreTMV
Large Pictures of Clouds
We're All Marionettes
Huevos
Think Africa
The Pink Eyed Fountain

==========================================================

Deekmedia
Achilous
Stratosphering
Ill-Informed
Forget The Radio
in-a-safe-place
All Media Reviews
When We Were
Secreta Music
ill-informed

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#2 Snork

Snork

Caught Red Handed

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:59 AM

I'll say it.
Though it may not be so hot right now, Deekmedia changed my life.
I found so much amazing shit in the backlog of that blog, namely Moving Mountains.

#3 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:01 AM

ill update the top posts with any suggestions.

back in its heyday nodatta.blogspot got me thru a lot of boring days at uni haha

EDIT 69 wtf haha

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#4 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:06 AM

Achilous
Stratosphering
ill-formed

all great shit. keep a look out for a write up on us on achilous in the next week or so.
ah damn didnt realize you were adding everyones to the first post.

great idea man.

#5 AreJay

AreJay

Stuck In The Middle Of Patience And Animosity

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:35 AM

Forget The Radio
doesn't update much but everything on it is awesome
Posted Image

#6 frankthetank

frankthetank

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:58 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. A+ topic. Whenever I feel the need to get into some new, slightly more obscure shit, I use nodata.tv (which used to be no-datta.blogspot.com)

#7 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

i kind of want to find the 18 year old american girl who runs in-a-safe-place and make her my wife

#8 clarissa

clarissa

The Only One That Didnít Fold

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

these sites bore the fuck out of me. i don't need to blog about my musical findings. that's like a career. after a while, you start to become bland.

OH HAY i just found envy & sigur ros yesterday {iamasafeplace}! everyone listen!

people who push their musical likings to me are like religious activists. how can you place your faith on someone else's taste. i'd rather spend the time i'd take blogging on finding about things for myself.

#9 AreJay

AreJay

Stuck In The Middle Of Patience And Animosity

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:24 PM

that's why I only bookmark blogs where I know the contributors have the same taste as me, easy way to find things I wouldn't do normally.
Posted Image

#10 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:28 PM

clarissa, on Jul 30 2008, 10:19 PM, said:

these sites bore the fuck out of me. i don't need to blog about my musical findings. that's like a career. after a while, you start to become bland.

OH HAY i just found envy & sigur ros yesterday {iamasafeplace}! everyone listen!

people who push their musical likings to me are like religious activists. how can you place your faith on someone else's taste. i'd rather spend the time i'd take blogging on finding about things for myself.

completely unsurprisingly, i think you're missing the entire point. going to blogs like this where other people take shit they like and show it to the world and checking it out IS finding out about things for yourself. dum de dum dum dum

#11 kyla

kyla

This rant brought to you by the good folks at BRAWNDO

• Regulars
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:Well, the game is pretty straightforward. You can choose to spin or you can choose to choose. If you choose to spin, you can land on spin, or choice, or lose a spin, or lose a choice, or free spin, or free choice, or spin again.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

I also really enjoy the convenience of the music "testing." It is wonderful to be able to listen to a new prospect's whole album right after reading about them. Music blog's are a great way to discover new music. I usually hear about bands, but then I become too preoccupied with other things to seek out their music. I have heard a lot of fresh stuff through the blogs in this thread. But then again, I have been out of the new music game for awhile, so most anything will be fresh to me.

It feels great to be back.

#12 clarissa

clarissa

• Regulars
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:41 PM

livingtogether, on Jul 30 2008, 11:28 PM, said:

completely unsurprisingly, i think you're missing the entire point. going to blogs like this where other people take shit they like and show it to the world and checking it out IS finding out about things for yourself. dum de dum dum dum

I do just fine finding bands on my own. not to toot my own horn, but i can't find any person who listens to the amount of artists i do. And guess what? I find NONE of the new artists i like through blogs.

#13 clarissa

clarissa

• Regulars
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

sorry double post

#14 kyla

kyla

• Regulars
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:Well, the game is pretty straightforward. You can choose to spin or you can choose to choose. If you choose to spin, you can land on spin, or choice, or lose a spin, or lose a choice, or free spin, or free choice, or spin again.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:43 PM

I prefer quality over quantity, myself. But that's just cats and dogs.

#15 clarissa

clarissa

• Regulars
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:45 PM

i said i listen to many artists. i didn't say i listen to many artists a lot.

#16 kyla

kyla

• Regulars
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

lol

#17 clarissa

clarissa

• Regulars
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

...lolwut

i'm sorry i like to go through bands like flash cards. but the ones i keep around are pretty rare. maybe you didn't follow?

#18 wax wings

wax wings

The Swine Who Smiles

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

clarissa, on Jul 30 2008, 11:19 PM, said:

everyone needs to find new music somewhere.
if my friend steve tells me about this sweet record he randomly picked up at the store
or
if i see on a blog somewhere that someone has picked up this record and recommends it,

it's the same thing. i still hear about it, and i can check it out to see if i like it.

#19 clarissa

clarissa

• Regulars
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:04 PM

wax wings, on Jul 30 2008, 10:58 PM, said:

clarissa, on Jul 30 2008, 11:19 PM, said:

everyone needs to find new music somewhere.
if my friend steve tells me about this sweet record he randomly picked up at the store
or
if i see on a blog somewhere that someone has picked up this record and recommends it,

it's the same thing. i still hear about it, and i can check it out to see if i like it.

Yeah well if it's my friend Steve and we love the same music that's one thing.
i just don't shop and i don't push my tastes on people unless i know they like it
and i don't trust anybody i completely don't know.

i'm aware i'm being a hater right now, just music bloggers are pushy. it's not a fucking cause.

sage

Large Pictures of Clouds? I click on it and i'm back on livejournal reading about a bunch of old bands mixed in with new bands in a mess i don't care about. dumb reviews of mono i A ) could find anywhere on the internet and B ) found two years ago. next time i tab somebody on their musical tastes constantly, i'll let you guys know.

#20 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:40 PM

then dont use them and keep your retarded logicless opinions to yourself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users