118 replies to this topic

#1 Fiore

Fiore

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:03 AM

I LOVE THURSDAY. I don't care what anyone else thinks...they really lid it down for the Post-hardcore genre. and each album since their first, WAITING, has just progressed and floored the fans....who knows what they are concocting next?!! I'm kinda skeptical though, of their new releasein the fall with Japanese post-hardcore act, Envy...it's a split release. i say that they just release a full length....buuuuuuuut who knows. maybe envy is worthy of sharing the light

so i guess i should go look up envy...:(

#2 gay boobs

gay boobs

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:12 AM

Amazing band. I pretty much love everything this band has released. So good.

http://www.thursdizzle.net

Posted Image

View Postcasey crescenzo, on Jul 3 2008, 05:58 AM, said:

It would do people good to start using their mouths to speak again.

#3 clarissa

clarissa

The Only One That Didnít Fold

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

I have to admit I like Envy more. Don't hate me.

#4 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

hate you. A City By the light divided beats all. can't believe that album was received so badly

#5 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:22 PM

the last of my 3 favorite bands of all time. again, not much that i can say about them other than listening to the music they make makes feel happier than 99.9% of other music. i've probably listened to them at very least once a week since i was 13 years old.

they will be remembered for years as a truly special band. pioneers of a genre.

@ op: envy is one of the only bands on earth that is actually worthy of sharing a split with thursday. seriously. it will be amazing.

#6 daniel

daniel

BASED MOD

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Music and sitch.

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:52 PM

Full Collapse, is by far in my top favorite records. "A Hole in the World" is my favorite song by them. "Running from the Rain" was my favorite song, until I heard it on a f'ing car commercial.

We'll talk about how we'll change but we will never follow through.
Posted Image

#7 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

View Postsingtheoverture, on Jul 20 2008, 01:52 PM, said:

"Running from the Rain" was my favorite song, until I heard it on a f'ing car commercial.

you must have a very feeble, weak mind. has that been hard for you?

#8 zucker

zucker

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

--

Edited by zucker, 03 April 2015 - 03:53 AM.

#9 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

THE MOST! overrated thursday song ever.

#10 daniel

daniel

BASED MOD

• Mod
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

No reason to be so hostile, it's just Thursday marketing one of their best songs in a fucking car commercial, but when they were on Victory records, they had a gripe about whoopie cushions. Yeah, whatever.

Posted Image

#11 sam sanford

sam sanford

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

yeah. good songs should just be songs. you put memories and feelings to the songs and then they take the song and make you think of a new car.

/thomyorke
Posted Image

thepersonandthepeople.bandcamp.com

#12 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

for me nothing beats the emotion in steps ascending.

#13 clarissa

clarissa

The Only One That Didnít Fold

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

View Postsam sanford, on Jul 21 2008, 03:54 PM, said:

yeah. good songs should just be songs. you put memories and feelings to the songs and then they take the song and make you think of a new car.

/thomyorke
i wasn't allowed to watch mtv when i was little. i'd get all these pictures in my head of songs and what the band looked like. when i started watching music videos later on, it fucked with my head pretty badly how different everything was from what i imagined and i didn't like it.

i agree with brian though, if it was your favorite song, where it's played shouldn't affect how you feel about it

#14 frankthetank

frankthetank

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:00 PM

Amazing band.

That is all.

#15 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

View Postsingtheoverture, on Jul 21 2008, 03:45 PM, said:

No reason to be so hostile, it's just Thursday marketing one of their best songs in a fucking car commercial, but when they were on Victory records, they had a gripe about whoopie cushions. Yeah, whatever.

you clearly know nothing about the music business if you think thursday were leaping for joy and asking where to sign when saturn wanted to use their song. i guarantee you island pretty much forced them into it with how bad sales were doing on acbtld. do you think thursday also wanted to do that ridiculous google maps thing with their tour around the same time? just use your brain. i can't stand when people think they know how the music industry works and take it out on bands for not being indie enough because their actions don't line up with their logic-free idealistic nonsense of how music should be 'pure'. go be dumb somewhere else.

#16 daniel

daniel

BASED MOD

• Mod
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

View Postlivingtogether, on Jul 21 2008, 11:08 PM, said:

you clearly know nothing about the music business if you think thursday were leaping for joy and asking where to sign when saturn wanted to use their song. i guarantee you island pretty much forced them into it with how bad sales were doing on acbtld. do you think thursday also wanted to do that ridiculous google maps thing with their tour around the same time? just use your brain. i can't stand when people think they know how the music industry works and take it out on bands for not being indie enough because their actions don't line up with their logic-free idealistic nonsense of how music should be 'pure'. go be dumb somewhere else.

Well, then the band needs to stop saying that they are a serious band, and that it's all about the music. Because, clearly it's not anymore. And they need to take that "indie" tag off themselves. But, hey, thanks. =]

Posted Image

#17 wax wings

wax wings

The Swine Who Smiles

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:36 AM

...no

#18 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

thursday can do whatever the fuck they want

#19 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

View Postsingtheoverture, on Jul 22 2008, 08:28 AM, said:

View Postlivingtogether, on Jul 21 2008, 11:08 PM, said:

Well, then the band needs to stop saying that they are a serious band, and that it's all about the music. Because, clearly it's not anymore. And they need to take that "indie" tag off themselves. But, hey, thanks. =]

you mean getting out of their contract with island prematurely because they were sick of the bullshit and putting out a split with an unheard-of japanese post-rock/hardcore band on a tiny instrumental music label (temporary residence) isn't good enough for you? jesus, stop the presses. we have a new benchmarker for musical integrity.

you're obviously a fucking dumbass, so im glad you've proven to everyone that you should mostly be ignored early on. thanks for that.

i'll be over here with the people whose heads aren't up their asses enjoying thursday for being one of the best, most honest bands ever.

#20 JetBlk

JetBlk

Administrator

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

View Postvoncorn, on Jul 21 2008, 02:36 PM, said:

JET BLACK! The ink that spells your name
JET BLACK! The blood that's in your veins
JET BLACK! We say how long can we take this chance not to celebrate?

hence where i got my username when i started playing games ;)
- Nick
Webmaster, Creator & Designer of LakeAndTheRiver.com

Visit my personal site at JetBlk.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users