2 replies to this topic

#1 Quadrochosis

Quadrochosis

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hey all, Devin Townsend has been one of my favorite artists for quite a few years now, and I thought I'd share him with everyone on LATR.

Now, he's usually a fairly heavy metal artist, but he has recently completed a 4-album series called The Devin Townsend Project.

The first album, Ki, was a huge departure from his usual "wall of sound" style that he had become known for, instead favoring a more sonicaly varied and tense feel throughout.

Addicted, part two, was a very pop-metal vein album, with endless hooks and very operatic singing.

Part three, Deconstruction, was the heaviest album he ever created, and it is one of the loudest, most insane things I've ever heard.

Now, the album that I think you guys will like the most is the last one, Ghost. It is completely devoid of all metal- even all rock, and it is literally only an acoustic guitar, a flute, a small drum kit, some key patches and Devin's lovely vocals. It is a nice mixture of ambiance, folk and some very, very light electronic beats.

Here are a few examples, check them out and see if you guys enjoy them!

"Kawaii" -

"Ghost" -

#2 Statutory Ape

Statutory Ape

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:You probably haven't heard of them, they're too obscure.

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:03 AM

This. Hevy Devy is my hero.
"Think about how afraid you are of being criticized for actually being yourself."
-Sacha Dunable

#3 silentman1994

silentman1994

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

Love Hevy Devy ever since I heard Vampira. Might have to splurg and get the 9 disc boxset that comes out in June of the 4 new albums live. Terria is probably my favorite album by him. Been listening to Ziltoid a lot recently

Side Note: One of the better search functions I've seen for a forum in recent times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users