Jump to content


- - - - -

Lost in the Treesfolk/classical/awesome


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Sigafoos

Sigafoos

    SIGGITYFIGGITYFIGGITYFOOS

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • Gender:no thanks
  • Location:Buffalo, NY
  • Interests:fnord

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

Hooray, I have a thread to start!

Lost in the Trees is a kinda classical/folk band? They remind me a lot of the Decemberists but with a full time cellist and violinist. My ex-boss' son plays tuba for them, and sometimes bass and I think xylophone. What I'm getting at is that they're really good and you should check them out.

All Alone in an Empty House


The lyrics to this song are stuff that the singer heard his parents scream at each other when he was a kid. It's fucked up. His mom killed herself either right before or right after he got married. Somehow he seems to have turned out a totally normal person.

Walk Around the Lake


I hadn't seen this video before. I like how at one point they're all standing in a circle and Mark's playing the tuba. You know, how you all hang out in the snow and one guy brings his tuba to play. Normal stuff.

Apparently you can download Walk Around the Lake and Tall Trees (another good song you'll hear me play in Turntable) for free at Last.fm.

I hope to set an example. You know, for children and stuff.


#2 onetofollow

onetofollow

    Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

  • Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

sweet. like what i hear so far.

#3 charles

charles

    oh i hate that guy

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

What I heard was very intriguing. Will give a better listen soon.

archon of nothing
and lord of dispersing
but i cannot keep
my cursive phalanges
from fucking cursing


#4 stretts

stretts

    GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

  • Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Adelaide, OOOOSTRARLEEARR
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

these guys are in my library, havn't given a solid listen, thanks for the reminder!

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits


Last.FM


#5 ASmith

ASmith

    n00b or lurker?

  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Gender:f

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

Checked these guys out last night and i really really really like them!! I love these two songs and Icy River as well.....Thanks for the suggestion :)

#6 popnfresh

popnfresh

    We're Dropping Off Like Guns And Flies

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Michigan
  • Interests:Nothing. Stuff.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

Both of their albums are fantabulous.
Pull yourself out of the gutter
Motherfucker
When you're bleeding
And it feels just like your bleeding

#7 Sigafoos

Sigafoos

    SIGGITYFIGGITYFIGGITYFOOS

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • Gender:no thanks
  • Location:Buffalo, NY
  • Interests:fnord

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:08 AM



I still need to get this album.

I hope to set an example. You know, for children and stuff.


#8 Antone

Antone

    An Expensive Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Milwaukee, WI
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Good stuff, I'm listening to A Church That Fits Our Needs on Spotify right now.
Posted Image

#9 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Central FL

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

A huge thanks for the info here! I will be seeing them tonight in Orlando. SUPER stoked for the show. I hope their first ep is available for purchase as it's difficult to find online.

#10 Antone

Antone

    An Expensive Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Milwaukee, WI
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 15 June 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

A huge thanks for the info here! I will be seeing them tonight in Orlando. SUPER stoked for the show. I hope their first ep is available for purchase as it's difficult to find online.

David, how was this show^^? My cousin from Phoenix is flying into Chicago October 10th and they play at Lincoln Hall in Chicago on the 13th. I might go to the concert with her and bring her back to Milwaukee the next day.
Posted Image

#11 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Central FL

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostAntone, on 16 August 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 15 June 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

A huge thanks for the info here! I will be seeing them tonight in Orlando. SUPER stoked for the show. I hope their first ep is available for purchase as it's difficult to find online.

David, how was this show^^? My cousin from Phoenix is flying into Chicago October 10th and they play at Lincoln Hall in Chicago on the 13th. I might go to the concert with her and bring her back to Milwaukee the next day.

They were excellent! Tight as can be with majority of the instruments there. The bass player traded off doing bass, tuba, & guitar. The drummer was a shit ton of fun to watch. You really don't hear the intricacies in the playing until you see him play them. Not super energetic; but I know you'll have a blast to just chill with a beer to them.

#12 Antone

Antone

    An Expensive Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Milwaukee, WI
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 16 August 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

View PostAntone, on 16 August 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 15 June 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

A huge thanks for the info here! I will be seeing them tonight in Orlando. SUPER stoked for the show. I hope their first ep is available for purchase as it's difficult to find online.

David, how was this show^^? My cousin from Phoenix is flying into Chicago October 10th and they play at Lincoln Hall in Chicago on the 13th. I might go to the concert with her and bring her back to Milwaukee the next day.

They were excellent! Tight as can be with majority of the instruments there. The bass player traded off doing bass, tuba, & guitar. The drummer was a shit ton of fun to watch. You really don't hear the intricacies in the playing until you see him play them. Not super energetic; but I know you'll have a blast to just chill with a beer to them.

Cool beans, thanks buddy. I'm gonna go and my cousin Trina is too, whether she likes it or not.
Posted Image

#13 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Central FL

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostAntone, on 16 August 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:


Cool beans, thanks buddy. I'm gonna go and my cousin Trina is too, whether she likes it or not.

Excellent! Let me know how it goes! Thinking about visiting family in Louisiana so I can see them in New Orleans. I hate that Florida can be hit & miss with shows.

#14 Antone

Antone

    An Expensive Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Milwaukee, WI
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

I say this all of the time on here, but no one ever comes to Milwaukee. I'm lucky Chicago is close, but it would be nice to not have a long drive home after a Tuesday night show once in a while.
Posted Image

#15 charles

charles

    oh i hate that guy

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

okay, I just now listened to this stuff. it is grim. it reminds me of the river empires in that I am almost certain someone is dead or dying in every song.

aka I think I like it.

archon of nothing
and lord of dispersing
but i cannot keep
my cursive phalanges
from fucking cursing





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users