2 replies to this topic

#1 ...As Waves Crash Down

...As Waves Crash Down

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hey everyone. I just finished mixing a couple tracks for my band, so I figured I'd show them off here, so give a listen please, if you'd like. I played drums in this band.
http://soundcloud.co...sets/ep/s-Bf19b

Tracks:
1) Lost - Music by me and our guitarist. Lyrics by all of us. Very old song of ours, and isn't really our greatest, lyrically or musically :P

2) Breathe - Music and lyrics by me. While parts of this song are older than the band itself, the song itself is around a year old now, and is considered our best by many of our fans. The lyrics were meant to be written for a concept album, but that didn't happen, and I was too lazy to come up with any new lyrics.

3) Shadows - Our oldest song. The music is by our guitarist (aside from the acoustic guitar at the end, added by our bassist/singer) and the lyrics are written by me. Not great, but not bad. Probably should have written actual lyrics to the chorus, but oh well hehe.
"I feel like I'm being pulled away by the tide. And all that I've done don't mean a thing in the end, as everything crashes down, like a wave, on me. I try to pretend that all life has a meaning, but everything washes away. Eroded by the flow of time until all meaning's dulled away..."

#2 OurSerratedDust

OurSerratedDust

is lusting for the lives of infantry.

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Physics, Mechanical Engineering, writing music, Magic the Gathering, getting crunk

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

I listened through the tracks and they're pretty sweet. I especially like Breathe. Your sound reminds me a lot of Porcupine Tree at times.

#3 ...As Waves Crash Down

...As Waves Crash Down

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:48 AM

View PostOurSerratedDust, on 22 April 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

I listened through the tracks and they're pretty sweet. I especially like Breathe. Your sound reminds me a lot of Porcupine Tree at times.
Thanks! We're all big Porcupine Tree fans here, and they're pretty much the band that introduced me to prog/changed my perspective on music. Glad to hear that you liked Breathe, that is musically the song I'm most proud of (lyrically I'm most proud of our song ...As Waves Crash Down, but that song isn't finished being recorded yet), but most of Breathe song was written in my big Opeth phase (the parts written close to three years ago), so I think there may be more influence in there from them in there.
Thanks again for listening though, it's much appreciated. Can't wait until I finish up the rest of the songs so I can share the album too.
"I feel like I'm being pulled away by the tide. And all that I've done don't mean a thing in the end, as everything crashes down, like a wave, on me. I try to pretend that all life has a meaning, but everything washes away. Eroded by the flow of time until all meaning's dulled away..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users