#1 waffleswaffles

waffleswaffles

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Being erotically stimulated by my headphones

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

Here's a band that I've never seen mentioned anywhere that I haven't already planted their little seed, Facing New York. A bunch of progressive rock influenced kids living in the modern age, they take an amazing shot at Modern Prog/Classic Rock. They seem to attach well to other Dear Hunter fans, so I thought I should spread them here too.

Here's some samples:

Here's a link to their tentatively self-titled first album:http://www.mediafire.com/?mjjkkingyno

As much as I'd rather give you guys link to buy their stuff, there must be about 5 physical copies left in the world, and nobody wants to pay for a digital download.

Last.fm
Music Blog
I have horrible music taste.. Horribly Awesome :D

#2 OurSerratedDust

OurSerratedDust

is lusting for the lives of infantry.

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Physics, Mechanical Engineering, writing music, Magic the Gathering, getting crunk

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

I used to be really into these guys, but I kinda forgot about them for a while. How is their newer stuff?

#3 waffleswaffles

waffleswaffles

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Being erotically stimulated by my headphones

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

It's progressive. They've definitely experimented much more in their second album (Get Hot). Changing time signatures, alternating tempos, heavier syncopation, more down to earth lyrics and themes, feels like a stripped out, honest, raw concept for an album. Especially since on their second album they went from a 5 piece band to a 3 piece. You can feel that it's more well thought out. I still prefer their first album, but their second album is gold. Then other than that, they disbanded and have given us very little if any means of contact or updates with them at all. Which is quite upsetting.

Last.fm
Music Blog
I have horrible music taste.. Horribly Awesome :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users