doobeedobedoo

The bAdmin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Bangin' broads

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

The review I found on the website:

Tooth & Nail has a knack for plucking the best and brightest from Smalltown, USA. Days after Far-Less, very much fitting this mold, entered the studio in April to record A Toast To Bad Taste, their hometown of Blacksburg, Virginia, became the setting of the mortifying Virginia Tech shooting. Whether consciously or not, this young sextet deliver an effort that reflects bravery in both a musical and very personal way. Building on the shoegazer foundation of stalwarts like Elliott and Hum and blending in the more active flair of Muse and The Receiving End Of Sirens, the group paint a moody and beautiful canvas of engaging atmospheric rock. The vocals soar over a dynamic mixture of softer piano melodies and angsty guitar and drum licks. While the songs may not have the same charming and sugary hooks of some of their labelmates, this is an admirable musical effort that commands you to turn it up.

Personally, nothing sounds like TREOS, and probably will never sound like TREOS, but these guys put up a decent fight. I do occasionally hear hints of TREOS and even hints of MUSE in some of their songs

anyways, listen, see if you like. The album grew on me and i actually really like them now.

http://www.myspace.com/farless

Posted Image

#2 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

no thanks

#3 wax wings

wax wings

The Swine Who Smiles

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

it's not bad.. nothing incredibly original though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users