- - - - -

RadioheadI cannot believe this hasn't been mentioned.

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#1 Redshift86

Redshift86

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

How can Radiohead not be mentioned here. I'm shocked and appalled. Everything that band does is complete genius. In Rainbows was by far the best album of '07 (Sorry, TDH...). Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood are a perfect duo. I was also a really big fan of Thom's solo album The Eraser. Jonny recently did the soundtrack to There Will Be Blood. The only thing that was as good as the music in that movie was Daniel Day Lewis.

Kid A is probably my favorite album by them. If I'm ever having a bad day, I can just pop that in and I forget about everything that happened earlier. Anyone else here a Radiohead junkie?

#2 sam sanford

sam sanford

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

i read that and it sounded like a kindergardener at show and tell in my head
Posted Image

thepersonandthepeople.bandcamp.com

#3 doobeedobedoo

doobeedobedoo

The bAdmin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Bangin' broads

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

i got mad respect for them, but i dont listen to them too often unless im in a mellow mood

Posted Image

#4 dalbert

dalbert

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Music (writing, playing, listening), politics, being lame, TDH.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:34 PM

View PostRedshift86, on Jun 23 2008, 05:25 PM, said:

How can Radiohead not be mentioned here. I'm shocked and appalled. Everything that band does is complete genius. In Rainbows was by far the best album of '07 (Sorry, TDH...). Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood are a perfect duo. I was also a really big fan of Thom's solo album The Eraser. Jonny recently did the soundtrack to There Will Be Blood. The only thing that was as good as the music in that movie was Daniel Day Lewis.

Kid A is probably my favorite album by them. If I'm ever having a bad day, I can just pop that in and I forget about everything that happened earlier. Anyone else here a Radiohead junkie?

See, I enjoy radiohead from time to time (especially the one day that i listened to 'ok computer' as part of a mix and for some reason had no idea who i was listening to) but my biggest problem with them is the belief that they are so much better than everyone else.

In Rainbows was a cool album, but probably cooler because of how it was released than the music that was created. Thom's solo album didn't really do it for me though, although I think Jonny doing TWBB is really cool.

My favorite album by radiohead these days is probably OK Computer (right now, it used to be Kid A as well). Don't be shocked or appalled that it has taken this long to mention radiohead, they're well known enough by most people that they can go without mention from time to time.

#5 Redshift86

Redshift86

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

View Postsam sanford, on Jun 23 2008, 05:30 PM, said:

i read that and it sounded like a kindergardener at show and tell in my head
Baha. Thanks! Let me put it into normal message board terms:

Radiohead is teh sex!!!!!!!!!11!1 they r liek the best band ever!!!!

#6 Redshift86

Redshift86

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

View Postdalbert, on Jun 23 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

View PostRedshift86, on Jun 23 2008, 05:25 PM, said:

See, I enjoy radiohead from time to time (especially the one day that i listened to 'ok computer' as part of a mix and for some reason had no idea who i was listening to) but my biggest problem with them is the belief that they are so much better than everyone else.

In Rainbows was a cool album, but probably cooler because of how it was released than the music that was created. Thom's solo album didn't really do it for me though, although I think Jonny doing TWBB is really cool.

My favorite album by radiohead these days is probably OK Computer (right now, it used to be Kid A as well). Don't be shocked or appalled that it has taken this long to mention radiohead, they're well known enough by most people that they can go without mention from time to time.

I can kind of see how some people would think that they're kind of a pretentious band, because a lot of their listeners are, and I'm sure that puts a lot of people off. When it really comes down to it, I don't think the band is all up themselves. Even if they are a little full of themselves, could you say that you wouldn't be? What with people calling you the greatest band of all time and all that.

#7 sam sanford

sam sanford

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

View Postdalbert, on Jun 23 2008, 04:34 PM, said:

but my biggest problem with them is the belief that they are so much better than everyone else.

silly problem
Posted Image

#8 Keagan

Keagan

BREATHE IN! BREATHE OUT!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Interests:Music and Women. Lots of women.

greatest band of all time? lol no.

Good band though.

Posted Image

#9 Jawsh

Jawsh

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I appreciate the simpler things in life; meeting new people in malls, chocolate chip cookies, Command and Conquer games, spending ridiculous amounts of time with my friends, Microsoft's Zune, that little noise that my distortion pedal makes when I turn it on, talking loads of smack about my ex-girlfriend even though I don't mean it, drawing up a contract with my best friend regarding the ownership of a duck puppet that will only be won by the participant who sleeps with their girlfriend first (I won, by the way), and of course, The Dear Hunter.

Honestly, I can't stand Radiohead. Every forum ever has a thread on them that's about eighty pages long and just has poster after poster sucking Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood's collective member. If that wasn't enough, I finally decided to check out the group that is supposedly the "band of my generation," and let me just express my massive disappointment. I listened to Kid A, The Bends, OK Computer, and the My Iron Lung EP, and I was bored out of my mind. The praise this band gets will probably continue to baffle me for the rest of my life. I'm not doubting that the members of Radiohead are talented and creative, and I'm not saying that all of their fans are assholes (but I'd like to say that plenty of them are elitists), but Radiohead is a band I don't enjoy in any aspect. Oh, and this isn't a personal attack at anyone, I just came by to drop my opinion.

#10 Keagan

Keagan

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

View PostJawsh, on Jun 23 2008, 05:54 PM, said:

Honestly, I can't stand Radiohead. Every forum ever has a thread on them that's about eighty pages long and just has poster after poster sucking Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood's collective member. If that wasn't enough, I finally decided to check out the group that is supposedly the "band of my generation," and let me just express my massive disappointment. I listened to Kid A, The Bends, OK Computer, and the My Iron Lung EP, and I was bored out of my mind. The praise this band gets will probably continue to baffle me for the rest of my life. I'm not doubting that the members of Radiohead are talented and creative, and I'm not saying that all of their fans are assholes (but I'd like to say that plenty of them are elitists), but Radiohead is a band I don't enjoy in any aspect. Oh, and this isn't a personal attack at anyone, I just came by to drop my opinion.

Here's my opinion

stfu

Posted Image

#11 Redshift86

Redshift86

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

View PostJawsh, on Jun 23 2008, 05:54 PM, said:

Listen to Hail to the Thief

#12 dalbert

dalbert

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Music (writing, playing, listening), politics, being lame, TDH.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

See, I'm thinking Thom is kinda full of himself, but the rest of the band is a little more down to earth. This probably arises from the fact that if Thom Yorke sang over the sound of pigs dying, people would buy it and call it revolutionary.

#13 Keagan

Keagan

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

View Postdalbert, on Jun 23 2008, 05:58 PM, said:

See, I'm thinking Thom is kinda full of himself, but the rest of the band is a little more down to earth. This probably arises from the fact that if Thom Yorke sang over the sound of pigs dying, people would buy it and call it revolutionary.

Because it is.

Posted Image

#14 sam sanford

sam sanford

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:46 PM

View PostJawsh, on Jun 23 2008, 03:54 PM, said:

you dont just start to like a band. its more like you "get" it. but yeah, hating them because their fans is a dumb reason to not like a band.
Posted Image

#15 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

View PostJawsh, on Jun 23 2008, 04:54 PM, said:

jesus christ, if i was a mod i would actually ban this stupid fucking faggot. not only do you make long ass posts about nothing the split second you get here, but you also just proved yourself to be a braindead piece of shit with horrible taste in music. gtfo of this thread, gtfo out of music. i've never actually met anyone stupid enough to admit that they hate radiohead. seriously, if you can't at least appreciate what they do and get any remote enjoyment out of it, then i really don't even want to know what sort of music you do like.

tl;dr kill yourself

@ OP

i would have made one but i never really have anything to talk about when it comes to radiohead. they are my favorite band ever, and i think if you asked most people with half a brain in their skull, they'll tell you that they are probably the most important band to have made music in the last 15-20 years. so what's there to say? all the music is awesome in it's own aspects.

#16 AreJay

AreJay

Stuck In The Middle Of Patience And Animosity

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:34 PM

lol yep
Posted Image

#17 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

View Postdalbert, on Jun 23 2008, 04:58 PM, said:

ever read an interview with the guy? couldnt be farther from the truth.

#18 Infidel

Infidel

Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

I agree. They are nothing special. And the rest of you people can go ahead and flame me.

#19 doobeedobedoo

doobeedobedoo

The bAdmin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Bangin' broads

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

View Postlivingtogether, on Jun 23 2008, 07:33 PM, said:

jesus christ, if i was a mod i would actually ban this stupid fucking faggot. not only do you make long ass posts about nothing the split second you get here, but you also just proved yourself to be a braindead piece of shit with horrible taste in music. gtfo of this thread, gtfo out of music. i've never actually met anyone stupid enough to admit that they hate radiohead. seriously, if you can't at least appreciate what they do and get any remote enjoyment out of it, then i really don't even want to know what sort of music you do like.

tl;dr kill yourself

@ OP

i would have made one but i never really have anything to talk about when it comes to radiohead. they are my favorite band ever, and i think if you asked most people with half a brain in their skull, they'll tell you that they are probably the most important band to have made music in the last 15-20 years. so what's there to say? all the music is awesome in it's own aspects.

midol. take it.

Posted Image

#20 sam sanford

sam sanford

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

bohan

u mad?
Posted Image