#1 kelso

kelso

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Kicking ass and hanging out

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

Maybe MOF deserves their own thread, I didn't see one but I guess I'll lump these together.
Solo work, fantastic live song:

More live(ish? maybe unmastered...its not the album version) work with Monsters of Folk:

Anyway. M. Ward is an awesome and talented dude, I have no idea if anyone here is into this stuff or not, didn't find anything with the search.
Deep beneath the black dawn, leagues from lightning's flash...Ribs will raise cathedrals for the morning mass. Steel yourself in sackcloth, roll your heart in ash. Scrape your skin with steel wool and hold fast hope. Cross your heart and hold fast hope.

#2 Roger

Roger

Bieber Believer

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:45 PM

Post-War is definitely my favorite thing he's done, but I enjoy all of it.

#3 Bohan

Bohan

A Modern and Cultural Anthropology major at NYU in New York City

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:06 AM

chinese translation always makes a pimp tear up. fun to play on guitar and sing when everyone is falling asleep all wasted and stoned at 4am. i dont listen to much folk-type stuff but i do dig M Ward. never got into she & him and monsters of folk though.

#4 mordecai85

mordecai85

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

I was rather disappointed with the Monsters of Folk albums, especially considering all the talent that was involved (Jim James, Conor Oberst, M. Ward). I was kind of expecting better from them.

She & Him is quite enjoyable, though that could just be celebrity crush on Zooey Deshanel talking. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users