Jump to content


- - - - -

dubstep?


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Aesthetic atrophy

Aesthetic atrophy

    n00b or lurker?

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Its a fairly new genre that i just started to get into to. If you don't know what it is its basically electronic type music with real heavy bass lines.

#2 ThePimpinPriest

ThePimpinPriest

    Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

  • Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Blackburn, UK
  • Interests:Muay Thai, Poetry, Music

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

Yessss, I prefer drum n bass, but dubstep, d&b, jungle are all win in my eyes.

#3 stretts

stretts

    GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

  • Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Adelaide, OOOOSTRARLEEARR
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

lets expand this to the

Quote

dubstep, d&b, jungle

coz then we can tlk about more artists.

Venetian snares comes to mind immediately

and for dubstep/grime check out Caspa - real nice stuff

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits


Last.FM


#4 Bohan

Bohan

    A Modern and Cultural Anthropology major at NYU in New York City

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

venetian snares doesn't fall into this category at all. it's not really about the 'heavy bass lines' either, its definitely the type of rhythms utilized, dub/reggae influenced, as well as a heavy UK garage/2step influence. Vsnares is just straight breakcore. inb4 faggots say there is no such thing as genres.

anyways, i love dubstep. gimme dat burial, zomby, benga, etc.

#5 bunny face

bunny face

    NeverReno99

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Dallas, TX

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

not really my beverage of choice but someone here's bound to like it.
Jabberjaw (Matthew Dear) - The Garden of Eden
Safety Flirt?

oh and its not dubstep

#6 Aesthetic atrophy

Aesthetic atrophy

    n00b or lurker?

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

i just saw biodiesel live a little while ago which is a great drum and bass band, there drummer holds the world record for being the fastest drummer in the world. And they played with a dubstep dj Joe Nice who is also very good. But if anyone's looking for some good dubstep djs sukh knight, bassnecter, Mistabishi and borgore are worth checking out.

#7 stretts

stretts

    GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

  • Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Adelaide, OOOOSTRARLEEARR
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:54 AM

View PostDollaBills, on Nov 20 2009, 09:43 AM, said:

venetian snares doesn't fall into this category at all. it's not really about the 'heavy bass lines' either, its definitely the type of rhythms utilized, dub/reggae influenced, as well as a heavy UK garage/2step influence. Vsnares is just straight breakcore. inb4 faggots say there is no such thing as genres.

anyways, i love dubstep. gimme dat burial, zomby, benga, etc.

detrimentalist had some serious jungle sounding songs on it. maybe i dont know what jungle is but watevs

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits


Last.FM


#8 ThePimpinPriest

ThePimpinPriest

    Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

  • Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Blackburn, UK
  • Interests:Muay Thai, Poetry, Music

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:11 AM

This thread is now about DJ DerekPosted Image

#9 Bohan

Bohan

    A Modern and Cultural Anthropology major at NYU in New York City

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

View Poststretts, on Nov 20 2009, 12:54 AM, said:

View PostDollaBills, on Nov 20 2009, 09:43 AM, said:

venetian snares doesn't fall into this category at all. it's not really about the 'heavy bass lines' either, its definitely the type of rhythms utilized, dub/reggae influenced, as well as a heavy UK garage/2step influence. Vsnares is just straight breakcore. inb4 faggots say there is no such thing as genres.

anyways, i love dubstep. gimme dat burial, zomby, benga, etc.

detrimentalist had some serious jungle sounding songs on it. maybe i dont know what jungle is but watevs

jungle and dubstep aren't the same thing. check this track out, i'd consider it a good picture of dubstep

zomby - spliff dub (rustie remix)
http://www.imeem.com...ustie-remixmp3/

#10 stretts

stretts

    GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

  • Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Adelaide, OOOOSTRARLEEARR
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

View PostDollaBills, on Nov 21 2009, 01:40 PM, said:

View Poststretts, on Nov 20 2009, 12:54 AM, said:

View PostDollaBills, on Nov 20 2009, 09:43 AM, said:

venetian snares doesn't fall into this category at all. it's not really about the 'heavy bass lines' either, its definitely the type of rhythms utilized, dub/reggae influenced, as well as a heavy UK garage/2step influence. Vsnares is just straight breakcore. inb4 faggots say there is no such thing as genres.

anyways, i love dubstep. gimme dat burial, zomby, benga, etc.

detrimentalist had some serious jungle sounding songs on it. maybe i dont know what jungle is but watevs

jungle and dubstep aren't the same thing. check this track out, i'd consider it a good picture of dubstep

zomby - spliff dub (rustie remix)
http://www.imeem.com...ustie-remixmp3/

cheers, its hazy for me

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits


Last.FM


#11 bunny face

bunny face

    NeverReno99

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Dallas, TX

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:14 AM

has anyone heard that "wu-tang meets the indie culture" dubstep remix album? i heard i was supposed to be pretty good, but i'm skeptical

#12 daniel

daniel

    BASED MOD

  • Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Tennessee
  • Interests:Music and sitch.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:58 PM


We'll talk about how we'll change but we will never follow through.
Posted Image


#13 Shawn

Shawn

    The Priest

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Kaiserslautern, Germany
  • Interests:I Love Lamp

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

View Postdaniel, on 13 January 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:


lol I actually planned on posting this same video
but I like this mix, I like playing it at parties because It completely freaks out high people with the intro


#14 Brian

Brian

    A Common Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:United States
  • Interests:Music, Photography, Traveling, Video games, tasty beverages and good food.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:04 PM


Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users