130 replies to this topic

#1 axelthesot

axelthesot

The Priest

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

Good good math rock. Anybody who is anybody saw them with TDH, so I shouldn't have to do this.
Tera Melos
--------------------------------
--------------------------------

#2 sam sanford

sam sanford

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:23 AM

just silly music to me.
Posted Image

thepersonandthepeople.bandcamp.com

#3 Guest_livingtogether_*

Guest_livingtogether_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:04 AM

soo fucking fun. just watching them do the pedals is fun enough.

#4 killallmyhunger

killallmyhunger

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Fender Guitars and Amps<br />Nintendo DS and 64<br />Time Travel

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:16 AM

View Postlivingtogether, on Jun 11 2008, 02:04 AM, said:

soo fucking fun. just watching them do the pedals is fun enough.

I know what you mean. I'm a total pedal nerd and just hearing the noises he creates is so awesome to witness.

#5 Zak

Zak

Ms. Leading

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

I thought they were sick live. Especially the parts where they used triggered sound clips. The song toned down for a second, and you hear "What drives a man to murder another man?" or something like that and they go right back into some sweet jam.
every day above ground is a good day
Posted Image

#6 Mike

Mike

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

I love this band so much. So good.

#7 gay boobs

gay boobs

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

One of my favorite bands going, I love them so much. All of their music is so fun.
Me and my buddy are going to see them live the next time they come near Philadelphia.

They need a new drummer because Vince left, and they are openly trying people out.

Posted Image

View Postcasey crescenzo, on Jul 3 2008, 05:58 AM, said:

It would do people good to start using their mouths to speak again.

#8 Jawsh

Jawsh

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I appreciate the simpler things in life; meeting new people in malls, chocolate chip cookies, Command and Conquer games, spending ridiculous amounts of time with my friends, Microsoft's Zune, that little noise that my distortion pedal makes when I turn it on, talking loads of smack about my ex-girlfriend even though I don't mean it, drawing up a contract with my best friend regarding the ownership of a duck puppet that will only be won by the participant who sleeps with their girlfriend first (I won, by the way), and of course, The Dear Hunter.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

View PostZak, on Jun 11 2008, 11:25 AM, said:

I thought they were sick live. Especially the parts where they used triggered sound clips. The song toned down for a second, and you hear "What drives a man to murder another man?" or something like that and they go right back into some sweet jam.

This was really awesome. I like them more on record, but they were a great live show. Actually, later that night, when Thomas Erak was playing "Caught Up" all by his lonesome, he started going on tangents into other songs, and he started doing a bunch of start/stop tapping and then remarked to the audience "Check it out, I'm in Tera Melos," which was received with many hearty laughs.

Meanwhile, Nick Melos is backstage, probably pissed off. But I didn't ask him about it when I spoke with him post-show.

#9 Infidel

Infidel

Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:24 PM

These guys are sickness. Personally, Nick, Nathan, and Vince are the greatest musicians at their respective instruments. Nathan plays bass as fast as Herman Li plays guitar. Nick is jumping around changing petals every few seconds, and playing on a synth pad, AND TAPPING WITH BOTH HANDS, AND STRUMMING WHILE TAPPING WITH BOTH HANDS. WTF. And then Vince just jams like fuck on the drums the whole time.

Sadly Vince left the band recently, so now drums for Melos is going to be meh.

These guys live are as good as they are on CD. Plus there is extra stuff for certain songs when they play it live. Example: A Spoonful of Slurry has a funny ass intro when they play it live. But on the CD is just starts with the music.

Speaking of A Sponful of Slurry, Nick is the only person that can play it as far as I know. I've never heard of someone else playing that fast, doing the strum while tapping with both hands thing. Just pure awesome right there.

It's fun to listen to these guys.

#10 frankthetank

frankthetank

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

Nothing but praise for these men. Great band.

#11 gay boobs

gay boobs

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

View PostInfidel, on Jun 23 2008, 06:24 PM, said:

These guys are sickness. Personally, Nick, Nathan, and Vince are the greatest musicians at their respective instruments. Nathan plays bass as fast as Herman Li plays guitar. Nick is jumping around changing petals every few seconds, and playing on a synth pad, AND TAPPING WITH BOTH HANDS, AND STRUMMING WHILE TAPPING WITH BOTH HANDS. WTF. And then Vince just jams like fuck on the drums the whole time.

These guys live are as good as they are on CD. Plus there is extra stuff for certain songs when they play it live. Example: A Spoonful of Slurry has a funny ass intro when they play it live. But on the CD is just starts with the music.

Speaking of A Sponful of Slurry, Nick is the only person that can play it as far as I know. I've never heard of someone else playing that fast, doing the strum while tapping with both hands thing. Just pure awesome right there.

How is that even possible to tap with both hands and strum? Jesus christ.

I just have so much respect for these guys, such amazing musicians. I dig everything they have released.

Posted Image

#12 gay boobs

gay boobs

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

View PostJawsh, on Jun 23 2008, 04:57 PM, said:

View PostZak, on Jun 11 2008, 11:25 AM, said:

This was really awesome. I like them more on record, but they were a great live show. Actually, later that night, when Thomas Erak was playing "Caught Up" all by his lonesome, he started going on tangents into other songs, and he started doing a bunch of start/stop tapping and then remarked to the audience "Check it out, I'm in Tera Melos," which was received with many hearty laughs.

Meanwhile, Nick Melos is backstage, probably pissed off. But I didn't ask him about it when I spoke with him post-show.

Tom's just pissed because Nick upstages him everynight.

Tera Melos>TFOT
Nick Reinhart> Tom Erak

Posted Image

#13 Infidel

Infidel

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:43 PM

View PostKevin, on Jun 24 2008, 03:28 PM, said:

I just have so much respect for these guys, such amazing musicians. I dig everything they have released.

I don't know. But I see him tapping with both hands and then he quickly reaches down, strums whatever chord he had held, and the resumes tapping, all in under 1 second.

Kevin, on Jun 24 2008, 03:29 PM, said:

Tera Melos>TFOT
Nick Reinhart> Tom Erak

Pure truthiness.

#14 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,537 posts
  • Interests:Music, Video Games, Reading, Friends, Talking, Etc Etc

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:50 PM

View PostInfidel, on Jun 25 2008, 09:43 AM, said:

I don't know. But I see him tapping with both hands and then he quickly reaches down, strums whatever chord he had held, and the resumes tapping, all in under 1 second.

Tera Melos>TFOT
Nick Reinhart> Tom Erak

Pure truthiness.
Eh....(>_>)
Sing Softly, Sing me to The Lake...
Sing Softly, Bring me to The Lake...

#15 Infidel

Infidel

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

View PostWeAreDormin777, on Jun 24 2008, 05:50 PM, said:

View PostInfidel, on Jun 25 2008, 09:43 AM, said:

Tera Melos>TFOT
Nick Reinhart> Tom Erak

Pure truthiness.
Eh....(>_>)

You know what Brian. Eff you and your attempts at dissing Melos. They are great, and you are too dumb to see that. You always say they have no talent blahblahblah. Well you're wrong.

#16 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:55 PM

I did not say anything! I did not say "Tera Melos is a peice of crap." I just said "Eh...(>_>)" They are ok. But I rather not have Math and Rock mixed together.

#17 Infidel

Infidel

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:56 PM

View PostWeAreDormin777, on Jun 24 2008, 05:55 PM, said:

I did not say anything! I did not say "Tera Melos is a peice of crap." I just said "Eh...(>_>)" They are ok. But I rather not have Math and Rock mixed together.

Whatever. I know that (>_>) means "You're wrong, they suck."

#18 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:57 PM

View PostInfidel, on Jun 25 2008, 10:56 AM, said:

View PostWeAreDormin777, on Jun 24 2008, 05:55 PM, said:

Whatever. I know that (>_>) means "You're wrong, they suck."
Lol!!! (^0^)

#19 sam sanford

sam sanford

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:51 PM

Tera Melos>TFOT
Nick Reinhart> Tom Erak

Pure truthiness.

wrong. tfot writes songs making them a better band. maybe not better musicians but a better band.
Posted Image

thepersonandthepeople.bandcamp.com

#20 Infidel

Infidel

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:37 PM

View Postsam sanford, on Jun 24 2008, 07:51 PM, said:

Tera Melos>TFOT
Nick Reinhart> Tom Erak

Pure truthiness.

wrong. tfot writes songs making them a better band. maybe not better musicians but a better band.
Um, why don't you listen to Tera Melos? They write songs too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users