No replies to this topic

#1 bunny face

bunny face

NeverReno99

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

Boredom of Me by Yoome is the newest release from Audio8, the same label that put out "Orange Juiced: Remixes and B-Sides" by Juba Dance. Orange Juiced was one of my favorite albums of 2008, so I thought I'd to check this out. I've been listening to a few tracks off their myspace and the audio8 website, and it's... interesting. There's a shitload of pretension, and some of the tracks they pull off with ease, and some are incredibly boring. Either way, I think its worth a listen.

Myspace

Artist Profile @ Audio8

"Yoome is a collaborative project of Chicago rapper Serengeti, New Zealand indie-folk princess Renee Louise Carafice, and Chicago producer Tony Trimm. Through a sardonic, lo-fi approach, Yoome delivers irresistibly sweet and sour morsels of melodramatic indie-pop gems on their debut The Boredom of Me.

Seductively interpersonal and introspective, Serengeti and Carafice play off each other lyrically; at times as ex-lovers, best friends, and even two facets of the same person. Throughout, hypnotic, free-associated refrains, confessions and recollections make for intriguing tension. Meanwhile, Tony Trimm's wistful production adds layers of melodic sentimentality and driving midi rhythms. Featuring additional guitar work courtesy of Jeff Parker (Tortoise) and Frankie H., it's weird, delicious pop music."

And YES, posting incredibly obscure music a handfull of people might like does make me a douche.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users