• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Keagan

Keagan

BREATHE IN! BREATHE OUT!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Interests:Music and Women. Lots of women.

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:44 PM

Ellipse is streaming. This woman never lets me down.

http://www.imogenheap.com/ellipse/

Posted Image

#2 wax wings

wax wings

The Swine Who Smiles

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:45 PM

Wholeheartedly agree.

#3 charles

charles

oh i hate that guy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

Good find.

archon of nothing
and lord of dispersing
but i cannot keep
my cursive phalanges
from fucking cursing

#4 Keagan

Keagan

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

Album is great, not sure if I like it more than the last album but it's up there.

Posted Image

#5 bunny face

bunny face

NeverReno99

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

holy hell this is pretty good.

#6 wax wings

wax wings

The Swine Who Smiles

• Regulars
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

View PostKeagan, on Aug 18 2009, 08:00 PM, said:

Album is great, not sure if I like it more than the last album but it's up there.

Really? Speak For Yourself has some kinda "meh" moments for me scattered around it, and this one is just phenomenal through and through... But, to be fair, I haven't given the last one as much attention as I should.

#7 Keagan

Keagan

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:05 AM

View Postwax wings, on Aug 18 2009, 10:29 PM, said:

View PostKeagan, on Aug 18 2009, 08:00 PM, said:

Really? Speak For Yourself has some kinda "meh" moments for me scattered around it, and this one is just phenomenal through and through... But, to be fair, I haven't given the last one as much attention as I should.

Speak For Yourself is what got me into her so I guess I have a soft spot for it. I mean I have only listened to this record for a day, things can change.

Posted Image

#8 charles

charles

oh i hate that guy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:49 AM

Seems quite a bit slower, at first listen. And missing some of that techo-craze goodness.

archon of nothing
and lord of dispersing
but i cannot keep
my cursive phalanges
from fucking cursing

#9 bunny face

bunny face

NeverReno99

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:42 PM

I love it. She's definately been taking some points from her friend Milosh production-wise, whose own stuff could get a bit dull because his singing comes off as somber most of the time. This is just really great pop and you don't want it to end.

#10 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

$17 with both the album with and without vocals
http://www.amazon.co...ap/e/B000APC4OA

just pre-ordered

#11 Keagan

Keagan

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:15 AM

www.imogenheap.com/ellipse

All the preorders

Posted Image

#12 doobeedobedoo

doobeedobedoo

The bAdmin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Bangin' broads

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

great music is great

Posted Image

#13 Bohan

Bohan

A Modern and Cultural Anthropology major at NYU in New York City

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

what? you guys seriously like this? i was a huge fan of speak for yourself, but this album literally has no energy at all. no urgency, no nothing. it is background music in every sense of the word. other than some cool production moments, big disappointment.

#14 wax wings

wax wings

The Swine Who Smiles

• Regulars
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

Urgency isn't really my thing, I guess..

#15 doobeedobedoo

doobeedobedoo

The bAdmin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Bangin' broads

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

for me, i listened to speak for yourself and then put on eclipse right after. it transitioned very nicely; i wasn't bored by anything. sure speak for yourself had a bit more of an impact when i first heard it, but eclipse is still on my daily rotation. not much more i can say on the matter other then i enjoyed the cd. i thought that was all one needed

Posted Image

#16 Bohan

Bohan

A Modern and Cultural Anthropology major at NYU in New York City

• Regulars
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:58 AM

i'm talking about factors that would have led to me enjoying it, i.e. songs that i can tell apart, anything remotely as catchy and interesting as headlock, hide and seek, the walk, clear the area, etc.

i seriously don't understand why people on this board are so adverse to talking about things. i try to start a discussion about criteria for favorite albums and it gets called thread drama. i point out some of the things i didn't like on an album by an artist i generally respect and enjoy and i get snotty remarks in return. i don't understand the point of even having a discussion community when everyone is just constantly agreeing with each other about everything and shunning anything else. i really wish you could understand how fucking boring it is.

#17 Keagan

Keagan

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:49 AM

View PostDollaBills, on Aug 28 2009, 03:58 AM, said:

i'm talking about factors that would have led to me enjoying it, i.e. songs that i can tell apart, anything remotely as catchy and interesting as headlock, hide and seek, the walk, clear the area, etc.

i seriously don't understand why people on this board are so adverse to talking about things. i try to start a discussion about criteria for favorite albums and it gets called thread drama. i point out some of the things i didn't like on an album by an artist i generally respect and enjoy and i get snotty remarks in return. i don't understand the point of even having a discussion community when everyone is just constantly agreeing with each other about everything and shunning anything else. i really wish you could understand how fucking boring it is.

I hear you Brian, I enjoy the record but not as much as the last. Kind of the same situation as ATAL, the record is great but it doesn't have the standout tracks on it like the last. With that said I think both Ellipse and YCTIWY are great albums. People need to open up on here, specially in the "favorite" artists thread, that was ridiculous.

Posted Image

#18 wax wings

wax wings

The Swine Who Smiles

• Regulars
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:04 AM

View PostDollaBills, on Aug 28 2009, 03:58 AM, said:

Assuming that was somewhat directed at my last comment here... I wasn't trying to be 'snotty' or anything, though I realize it probably read that way. In general, I do enjoying hearing what you think/have to say about albums or artists because you tend to actually have an opinion about things.... and that 'favorite albums' thing was beyond stupid.

I've listened to this album through quite a bit, and I just really enjoy it. It's not the most perfect album ever recorded, obviously, but it's nice. I don't really get a lack of energy or emotion or anything from it.

#19 Snork

Snork

Caught Red Handed

• Regulars
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

I'm still only on one playthrough of this album, but I'm a big fan of Wait it Out so far. I enjoyed Speak for Yourself a lot but it never really blew me away. I think that while Ellipse doesn't have a Headlock (the opening track is actually kind of weak, imo) or Hide and Seek, the sound of it is a little more focused on what works with her sound beyond just standard fare electronica (aka way more instances of a chorus of thousands of imogen heaps instead of synthesizers filling out the harmony).

#20 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

she's going to be on Letterman tonight I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users