19 replies to this topic

#1 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:57 PM

for fans, here's info on their upcoming album titled "The Incident" due September 21st. Preview in July.

http://tinyurl.com/lunbp4

Porcupine Tree new album
Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the forthcoming release of their tenth studio album "The Incident". The record is set to be released via Roadrunner Records worldwide on 21st September, as a double CD.

The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as “a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that ‘after this, things will never be the same again’.”

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December - Flicker, Bonnie The Cat, Black Dahlia, and Remember Me Lover feature on a separate EP length disc to stress their independence from the song cycle.

Video footage of the band in the studio working on The Incident, as well as audio previews, will be available online soon. The band will tour extensively to promote the album from mid September onwards.

#2 wax wings

wax wings

The Swine Who Smiles

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

I like that "for fans" is bold. As if to say, if you are not a fan, fuck off.

#3 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

55 minutes? wow

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#4 Brian S

Brian S

Stuck In The Middle Of Patience And Animosity

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:18 AM

eh, could be good, I feel doubtful though. And FOAB is a helluva album, for what it's worth, they keep getting better and better.

#5 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:59 PM

album preview is up on their myspace now

http://myspace.com/porcupinetree

#6 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

bump?

apparently with TDH's upcoming tour with them and Coheed, more folks are checking them out. Good to see. I'm rather curious about what Casey may think of them, and what Steven Wilson of PT thinks about TDH. Hopefully a quote or will be posted in an interview or something. Perhaps Steven Wilson will add TDH to his published playlist which he updates every so often at the bottom of the page on this site.

My personal favorite?

Lightbulb Sun with Deadwing and In Absentia closely behind.

#7 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

You pick up Anesthetize yet? I got the red-box version delivered to me a few days ago... hoping to set myself down to watch it this weekend. Although I've still got a bit of a backlog of music DVDs to catch up on... (still haven't gotten to the third disc of the new Marillion DVD... and of course I still gotta watch "Beyond the Lighted Stage")....
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#8 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:01 AM

I checked out an audio rip of Anesthetize a few weeks back that leaked. It was okay I guess, but honestly, the Fear of a Blank Planet songs, still don't really do a lot for me. I liked the fact "Normal" was on it, but I really don't foresee picking it up anytime soon unless I see it for rather cheap.

But I have seen a lot of supportive reviews of it for what that's worth to others.

#9 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

Yeah... FoaBP is definitely towards the bottom of the list of my favorite PT albums, but the DVD still looked pretty good. I think some of the songs work better live than on the studio album.

What I'm REALLY looking forward to is a DVD from the Incident tour...
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#10 zorrozero

zorrozero

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 02 July 2010 - 10:22 AM, said:

Yeah... FoaBP is definitely towards the bottom of the list of my favorite PT albums, but the DVD still looked pretty good. I think some of the songs work better live than on the studio album.

Agreed, "Sleep Together" ending was HUGE the last time I saw them live. You guys are really lucky : two of the best bands around on the same night...

Regarding Porcupine Tree i'm getting a little bored with their metal recipe, I miss the psychedelic strange edge they had back in the 90's.

#11 zxlkho

zxlkho

Boris

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:things

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

Good to see there's a thread here for my favorite band of all time. I love every single one of their albums, but In Absentia is far and away my favorite.

#12 Perpetual Change

Perpetual Change

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:12 PM

It feels so weird not having a PT album out this year! But at least we're getting two Steve Wilson projects.

#13 zxlkho

zxlkho

Boris

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

Well it's looking more and more like the SW/MA project won't be until next year... I hope not though.

#14 Perpetual Change

Perpetual Change

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:34 PM

???

What makes you say that?

#15 zxlkho

zxlkho

Boris

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:43 PM

Well assuming he just finished up working on his solo album, that would put the release date for SW/MA at around November at the earliest... idk it's definitely possible.

#16 Perpetual Change

Perpetual Change

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

View Postzxlkho, on 08 June 2011 - 11:43 PM, said:

Well assuming he just finished up working on his solo album, that would put the release date for SW/MA at around November at the earliest... idk it's definitely possible.

True, but in my experience things don't really get announced until like 2 or 3 months before they're released. I'm so used to Dream Theater's "we're in the studio for an album that will be out next year!" approach :D

#17 zxlkho

zxlkho

Boris

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:18 AM

lolDreamTheater

#18 Quadrochosis

Quadrochosis

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

They've already confirmed that Storm Corrosion won't be out until next year.

It's OK because Grace for Drowning will be good enough to hold me over until then :wub:

On topic though, Porcupine Tree is my favorite band. I've never found a release by them that I didn't LOVE.

#19 Perpetual Change

Perpetual Change

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

I only "love" a handful of PT records, but for my they've always been more of a songs band. I dunno... maybe it's because when I was getting into e'm, all I had was a disc a friend had burnt for me of what he considered their best music.

#20 Zantera

Zantera

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

Porcupine Tree are fantastic, but they are no Oceansize for me. ;)
Anyhow, I'm actually rather happy with no PT for a while, more psyched about the upcoming SW-solo, new Bass Communion and Storm Corrosion, even though it will surely be great with a new PT-release as well.
But if we'd have started years ago
Would we still be here today?
Am I sweeter than the innocence you took from me?
Am I a card to play, or throw away?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users