Jump to content


- - - - -

Screaming Females


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 old kyle

old kyle

    An Expensive Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Getting lost within my own subconscious as well as fapping it to your girlfriends n00dz.

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

Posted Image

"Indeed they do, because to many, a band like Screaming Females defies preconceived logic of how a band should be. Their brand of blues-inspired, guitar wankering punk rock has left many mouths agape at the ease by which they wield their self-branded “Queer disco on the moon, with pterodactyls and squid fighting satellite dishes.” Drawing comparisons to bands like Fugazi and The Stooges, to more obvious references like The Gits or Throwing Muses, it is a safe bet that Screaming Females will undoubtedly rise to notoriety on the heels of their enigmatic front woman. But from the interview to the photo shoot, it is plain to see this the notion of a band is strong within the females."


Good music.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A1HUGUIQ
Posted Image

#2 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

Not my cup of tea. They aren't too good at eqing are they?
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#3 old kyle

old kyle

    An Expensive Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Getting lost within my own subconscious as well as fapping it to your girlfriends n00dz.

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:14 PM

Um, I think they are going for the lo-fi sound.

That, and they are a poor punk band from New Jersey.
Posted Image

#4 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

 Kyle, on May 2 2009, 12:14 AM, said:

Um, I think they are going for the lo-fi sound.

That, and they are a poor punk band from New Jersey.

Yeah nah I wasn't really dissing the sound or quality of the band, obviously recording isn't something you can just do for a couple of dollars and scrap equipment, it's tough to get a good sound. Either way, just personally not my style too much, maybe I'll give another listen later or tomorrow, see if I change my mind. I'm pretty open to new music =]
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#5 old kyle

old kyle

    An Expensive Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Getting lost within my own subconscious as well as fapping it to your girlfriends n00dz.

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

Yeah, I saw them once back in '07 and the live experience is much different.

This tiny girl just shredding up the guitar...amazing.
Posted Image

#6 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:27 PM

Haha yeah, seeing a band live definitely changes your perspective of them completely. I remember this one band my friend would show me and I'm like, wtf this is so bad, and I'd just nod my head and tell him I liked it so I wouldn't offend him, then I saw them live and it completely changed my opinion about the band. Extremely good, even though most people will hate them, like I did.
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#7 Bohan

Bohan

    A Modern and Cultural Anthropology major at NYU in New York City

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

put it on mediafire; megaupload doesnt work for me anymore for some reason.

 TrueDarkness, on May 1 2009, 10:19 PM, said:

recording isn't something you can just do for a couple of dollars and scrap equipment

says who? you?

#8 Brian S

Brian S

    Stuck In The Middle Of Patience And Animosity

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Columbus OH

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:35 AM

fuck m4a

#9 old kyle

old kyle

    An Expensive Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Getting lost within my own subconscious as well as fapping it to your girlfriends n00dz.

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

Sorry about the m4a, it was the only file format I found.

Mediafire link:
http://www.mediafire...php?jqtyyny2dno
Posted Image

#10 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

 DollaBills, on May 2 2009, 05:45 AM, said:

 TrueDarkness, on May 1 2009, 10:19 PM, said:

recording isn't something you can just do for a couple of dollars and scrap equipment

says who? you?

Yeah pretty much. If you want a decent sound then yeah...
Unless you know, you want to use your $8 microphone and hook it up to your $30 portable amp.

I don't know many bands with horrible sound quality that I listen to and go damn, this band is amazing.
It's all part of what makes a band even better in my opinion. The Dear Hunter is not studio or professionally recorded and they have better quality and sound than most bands I've ever heard.
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#11 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

 DollaBills, on May 2 2009, 06:45 AM, said:

@truedarkness you dont really get lo-fi do you

I like to be able to hear notes and chords and harmonies. Not assume what they are. Lo-fi can be a cool effect in a decently recorded song but having your whole entire band as that style isn't really my style.

I actually hate most studio recorded sound, it doesn't sound authentic, but I definitely don't like a low quality recorded sound either.
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#12 Redshift86

Redshift86

    Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

  • Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

 TrueDarkness, on May 2 2009, 10:32 AM, said:

 DollaBills, on May 2 2009, 06:45 AM, said:

@truedarkness you dont really get lo-fi do you

I like to be able to hear notes and chords and harmonies. Not assume what they are. Lo-fi can be a cool effect in a decently recorded song but having your whole entire band as that style isn't really my style.

I actually hate most studio recorded sound, it doesn't sound authentic, but I definitely don't like a low quality recorded sound either.
lolwut?

#13 sam sanford

sam sanford

    OMG! Wat hav I dun?

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:minnesota

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

 TrueDarkness, on May 1 2009, 10:12 PM, said:

Not my cup of tea. They aren't too good at eqing are they?

as if you need to use good EQing to make things sound good.
Posted Image

thepersonandthepeople.bandcamp.com

#14 sam sanford

sam sanford

    OMG! Wat hav I dun?

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:minnesota

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

ITT funny trolling
Posted Image

thepersonandthepeople.bandcamp.com

#15 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

 Redshift86, on May 2 2009, 03:23 PM, said:

 TrueDarkness, on May 2 2009, 10:32 AM, said:

 DollaBills, on May 2 2009, 06:45 AM, said:

@truedarkness you dont really get lo-fi do you

I like to be able to hear notes and chords and harmonies. Not assume what they are. Lo-fi can be a cool effect in a decently recorded song but having your whole entire band as that style isn't really my style.

I actually hate most studio recorded sound, it doesn't sound authentic, but I definitely don't like a low quality recorded sound either.
lolwut?

What
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#16 Bohan

Bohan

    A Modern and Cultural Anthropology major at NYU in New York City

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

 TrueDarkness, on May 2 2009, 09:28 AM, said:

The Dear Hunter is not studio or professionally recorded and they have better quality and sound than most bands I've ever heard.

how is this sentence true in any way? they do record in a studio with nasty equipment, casey is essentially a professional, and this past record was mixed by a professional.

 TrueDarkness, on May 2 2009, 09:32 AM, said:

 DollaBills, on May 2 2009, 06:45 AM, said:

@truedarkness you dont really get lo-fi do you

I actually hate most studio recorded sound, it doesn't sound authentic.

lolll fuck off, pretentious asswipe.

you are dumb as a bag of hair. stay out of music discussions please

#17 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:16 AM

 DollaBills, on May 2 2009, 05:53 PM, said:

 TrueDarkness, on May 2 2009, 09:28 AM, said:

The Dear Hunter is not studio or professionally recorded and they have better quality and sound than most bands I've ever heard.

how is this sentence true in any way? they do record in a studio with nasty equipment, casey is essentially a professional, and this past record was mixed by a professional.

 TrueDarkness, on May 2 2009, 09:32 AM, said:

 DollaBills, on May 2 2009, 06:45 AM, said:

@truedarkness you dont really get lo-fi do you

I actually hate most studio recorded sound, it doesn't sound authentic.

lolll fuck off, pretentious asswipe.

you are dumb as a bag of hair. stay out of music discussions please

I'm good thanks. You need to lighten up. The making of Acts I and II were NOT professionally studio recorded, they were recorded with materials they bought and recorded in an apartment.

And yes, like I said, because it's.. true. I generally don't like high quality studio recorded material, because it makes it sound COMPLETELY unauthentic and fake sounding, like computers. If you want to disagree with me and say bands and music on your popular pop rock radio stations sound better, fuck, go ahead. I just completely disagree and think if you're going to record tastefully you should have a tasteful sound.

Also why I don't like lo-fi.

I think you need to learn to react better to other people's opinions better before you tell them what discussions they should and should not be a part of.
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#18 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:26 AM

*Moves piece*

Check.
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#19 stretts

stretts

    GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

  • Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Adelaide, OOOOSTRARLEEARR
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

this be entertaining shit

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits


Last.FM


#20 wax wings

wax wings

    The Swine Who Smiles

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:NH

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:47 AM

 DollaBills, on May 2 2009, 05:53 PM, said:

fuck off, pretentious asswipe.

lol'ing so hard.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users