- - - - -

fall out boyis there already one of these?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 SillyLeah

SillyLeah

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Music, volleyball, lacrosse, people watching, flying, books, relient k, drawing, and long walks to no where.

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:08 AM

I very strongly dislike fall out boy. I used to like them in like 2005 and then they got all famous and it got all bad. Patricks voice is amazing but they just changed as a band, not for the better. Pete wentz realllyyy bothers me. Their music changed a lot. They ended up being just like every other mainstream pop band. what do you guys think?

#2 CrystalMeff

CrystalMeff

The Son

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

stop making threads

#3 SillyLeah

SillyLeah

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Music, volleyball, lacrosse, people watching, flying, books, relient k, drawing, and long walks to no where.

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

View PostCrystalMeff, on Feb 7 2009, 09:12 PM, said:

stop making threads
why? i like being able to say what i think...its nice.

#4 sam sanford

sam sanford

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:33 AM

no its not
Posted Image

thepersonandthepeople.bandcamp.com

#5 SillyLeah

SillyLeah

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

View Postsam sanford, on Feb 7 2009, 09:33 PM, said:

no its not
i think it is. ive never relly been able to do that before. but we all have our opinions....

#6 sam sanford

sam sanford

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:47 AM

alt
Posted Image

#7 nedstarksbastard

nedstarksbastard

Ms. Leading

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

why make a thread for a band that you dislike?? youre just promoting them even more. im pretty sure there isnt a thread created out of hate. if you want, i can make a metro station thread.

and its not very original to dislike this band after 2005, conformist.

#8 ashley

ashley

Ms. Leading

• Regulars
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:59 AM

i like fall out boy. infinity on high wasn't that great to me but from what i've heard off their new record (those two songs that they put out) it sounds pretty decent.

and patrick can't sing for shit* live.

* - by "for shit" i mean he can't sing the same way on stage as on record, at all. he sounds like a dying mumbling cat.

#9 Snork

Snork

Caught Red Handed

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:59 AM

i find it rather hillarious that people think that fall out boy changed to sound MORE like mainstream pop bands
if you can honestly listen to from under the cork tree and then folie a deux and seriously tell me that the latter is a more mainstream and 'like every other band' album then i don't even know what to say

and for the record i hate pete wentz too; his lyrics almost make me want to stop listening to the band they're so bad

EDIT: and patrick stump's live voice has improved greatly since the band got super popular
i remember the first time i saw videos of them playing live i was astounded at how terrible they were
i mean his enunciation is like hilariously mushy and bad but it's not like you can understand him on the albums either

#10 ashley

ashley

Ms. Leading

• Regulars
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

also, i thought about making a "bands you hate" thread before. but it's kind of pointless to get all riled up about bands you don't (or at least say you don't) care about.

#11 ashley

ashley

Ms. Leading

• Regulars
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:06 AM

View PostSnork, on Feb 8 2009, 01:59 AM, said:

i find it rather hillarious that people think that fall out boy changed to sound MORE like mainstream pop bands
if you can honestly listen to from under the cork tree and then folie a deux and seriously tell me that the latter is a more mainstream and 'like every other band' album then i don't even know what to say
motherfuckin' this. i think with infinity on high they were trying WAY too hard to be different, and in the end just came out looking like fools. but with the new record they stepped it back a little and made "different" work.

take this to your grave, although a fantastic album, follows the same trends and musical stylings of a lot of pop-punk groups out there. same with from under the cork tree.

#12 sam sanford

sam sanford

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:45 AM

but its pop music and all that focuses on is melody. the instruments are simple so the melody can do whatever and they happen to write some good hooks.
Posted Image

#13 SillyLeah

SillyLeah

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

View Postcowboychris88, on Feb 7 2009, 10:03 PM, said:

why make a thread for a band that you dislike?? youre just promoting them even more. im pretty sure there isnt a thread created out of hate. if you want, i can make a metro station thread.

and its not very original to dislike this band after 2005, conformist.
it wasnt created completley out of hate. i said i like patricks voice.
please do make a metro station thread.

#14 SillyLeah

SillyLeah

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:12 AM

View Postashley, on Feb 7 2009, 10:59 PM, said:

i like fall out boy. infinity on high wasn't that great to me but from what i've heard off their new record (those two songs that they put out) it sounds pretty decent.

and patrick can't sing for shit* live.

* - by "for shit" i mean he can't sing the same way on stage as on record, at all. he sounds like a dying mumbling cat.
haha at first he coulndt and its still kinda that way but i will admit he has improved.

#15 SillyLeah

SillyLeah

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:12 AM

wonder what woulod happen if they kicked Pete Wentz out of the band?

#16 Snork

Snork

Caught Red Handed

• Regulars
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:25 PM

View PostSillyLeah, on Feb 8 2009, 11:12 AM, said:

they would be fantastic
i've been wishing this would happen for a while

also whoever was talking about how they are pop with no interesting instrumentation that has also changed a lot
listen to songs like headfirst slide into cooperstown on a bad bet (hey wow awesome song title yeah fun)
i mean yes i agree they are very much rooted in pop but i think it's in a good way rather than a bad way
patrick's arrangements are getting really cool. the brass section on cooperstown is very neat

#17 SillyLeah

SillyLeah

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

View PostSnork, on Feb 8 2009, 09:25 AM, said:

they would be fantastic

also whoever was talking about how they are pop with no interesting instrumentation that has also changed a lot
listen to songs like headfirst slide into cooperstown on a bad bet (hey wow awesome song title yeah fun)
i mean yes i agree they are very much rooted in pop but i think it's in a good way rather than a bad way
patrick's arrangements are getting really cool. the brass section on cooperstown is very neat
i think it would be great if he left,even better if they kicked him out. haha but they might not be as famous and maybe even forgotten because people always "link" pete wentz and fall out boy. he is the one who got them famous and keeps them famous. but i dont know.
and the instruments are pretty cool too.

#18 Snork

Snork

Caught Red Handed

• Regulars
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:53 PM

yeah unfortunately pete wentz and his sophomoric lyrics and retarded antics are what keeps them as huge as they are

#19 sam sanford

sam sanford

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:54 PM

View PostSnork, on Feb 8 2009, 11:25 AM, said:

they would be fantastic

i was talking about take this to your grave.
Posted Image

#20 Snork

Snork

Caught Red Handed

• Regulars
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:55 PM

oh well then spot on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users