17 replies to this topic

#1 Snakenole

Snakenole

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:43 AM

Last night's show at The Social was pretty awesome. it was my first TDH show. They were fantastic. And the two openings were pretty damn good too. I liked both a lot, but Eisley kind of blew me away. The singer's voice is really captivating. It just sucks you in. The audience was pretty good last night too. I've been to lots of show at The Social and sometimes the audience can be a bit weak. But both Eisley and TDH kept commenting about how great the audience was. And it was full, but not packed, which was perfect. That place is no fun when it's wall to wall people. Anyone else there?

#2 RabbitRan

RabbitRan

Eddie Eddie Eddie

• Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Interests:art

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:27 PM

I was! Tall bloke with a red beanie and green flannel shirt, mostly stood awkwardly next to a trashcan by the merch table

#3 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:13 AM

Snakenole, what gives!?! Maybe you did post & I didn't comment because of a situation but I was totally there. I was hiding in a corner by the merch table. I was wondering how they sold out & it made sense when a small percentage of the crowd seemed to have left after Eisley. Both this show and Atlanta were pretty wonderful.

Jeeze Eddie, I didn't think I was THAT bad...

#4 pwnt1337

pwnt1337

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:39 PM

Really, really enjoyed the show. The wife and I were planning on taking a weekend to head up to Nashville for the Exit/In show, but the hurricane got in the way of our plans and we decided to do The Social show instead. I always forget how much I love that venue. Gavin and Eisley were great, and Casey and the gang were incredible as always.

PS, I was the guy who told the guy screaming Red Hands to shut up.

#5 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:40 PM

Dope! Welcome to the board & great attempt for self-regulating crowd!

#6 pwnt1337

pwnt1337

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:36 PM

Thanks! I've been lurking forever and always end up frequenting these boards and the subreddit whenever a new album comes out.

#7 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:43 PM

I was there wearing the retro Kari-designed LATR shirt. This was a really great show and the first time seeing the band in a while. I also agree that this was one of the more energetic crowds for a TDH show I've been present for, but I also think that's due to the more recent music being a little easier to engage with in a live setting

#8 RabbitRan

RabbitRan

Eddie Eddie Eddie

• Artistic Directors
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:29 PM

View PostScott, on 14 October 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

I was there wearing the retro Kari-designed LATR shirt. This was a really great show and the first time seeing the band in a while. I also agree that this was one of the more energetic crowds for a TDH show I've been present for, but I also think that's due to the more recent music being a little easier to engage with in a live setting

dang! wish I'd known you were gonna be there, or that I or David had spotted the shirt! would have loved to have said hi!

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 14 October 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

Snakenole, what gives!?! Maybe you did post & I didn't comment because of a situation but I was totally there. I was hiding in a corner by the merch table. I was wondering how they sold out & it made sense when a small percentage of the crowd seemed to have left after Eisley. Both this show and Atlanta were pretty wonderful.

Jeeze Eddie, I didn't think I was THAT bad...

hahaha, "Puente, the Human Trashcan" (; <3

View Postpwnt1337, on 14 October 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

Really, really enjoyed the show. The wife and I were planning on taking a weekend to head up to Nashville for the Exit/In show, but the hurricane got in the way of our plans and we decided to do The Social show instead. I always forget how much I love that venue. Gavin and Eisley were great, and Casey and the gang were incredible as always.

PS, I was the guy who told the guy screaming Red Hands to shut up.

Casey seemed pretty appreciative about that haha

#9 Snakenole

Snakenole

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:11 PM

I noticed that some people left after Eisley too. The crowd was fairly sedate while Gavin was up (remember he said, "The silence is deafening.") but then picked up for Eisley. I guess they have a pretty good fanbase too. I really liked them. Live at least.

I remember the guy yelling "Red Hands" but guess I missed the "Shut up!" part. LOL I did hear someone yell "I wanna suck your dick" or something like that and Casey made a face like, "Sheesh. Every damn show." Haha.

Hey Eddie, is that your original artwork in your sig? I really like that sketch...

#10 RabbitRan

RabbitRan

Eddie Eddie Eddie

• Artistic Directors
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostSnakenole, on 17 October 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

I noticed that some people left after Eisley too. The crowd was fairly sedate while Gavin was up (remember he said, "The silence is deafening.") but then picked up for Eisley. I guess they have a pretty good fanbase too. I really liked them. Live at least.

I remember the guy yelling "Red Hands" but guess I missed the "Shut up!" part. LOL I did hear someone yell "I wanna suck your dick" or something like that and Casey made a face like, "Sheesh. Every damn show." Haha.

Hey Eddie, is that your original artwork in your sig? I really like that sketch...

I overheard quite a few people saying they were Eisley fans and hadn't heard of the headliner, which is a funny situation considering all of the times I've gone to shows just to see an opener too. Hopefully some Eisley fans also became TDH fans though!

And it is! Check out the links below it or maybe the topic where I post all my stuff for you guys to see https://www.lakeandt...20
Thank you (:

#11 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:53 PM

I did hear someone yell "I wanna suck your dick" or something like that and Casey made a face like, "Sheesh. Every damn show." Haha.

I was right next to this kid. He's also the one who gave Casey the tequila shot. He was drunk and pretty annoying most of their set. He also decided to use my shoulder blades as a drum kit during one song which I was none too appreciative of.

#12 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

View PostRabbitRan, on 14 October 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

dang! wish I'd known you were gonna be there, or that I or David had spotted the shirt! would have loved to have said hi!

Yeah I didn't even think to come to this site before the show to see who'd be in attendance. I've drifted too far from the lake and the river

#13 Snakenole

Snakenole

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostRabbitRan, on 17 October 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

I overheard quite a few people saying they were Eisley fans and hadn't heard of the headliner, which is a funny situation considering all of the times I've gone to shows just to see an opener too. Hopefully some Eisley fans also became TDH fans though!

And it is! Check out the links below it or maybe the topic where I post all my stuff for you guys to see https://www.lakeandt...20
Thank you (:

Dang, man! Your stuff is great! What medium do you work in? I really, really, really dig the one you have in your sig. Something about the leaning telephone pole in the middle and the grays and blacks. Really amazing. And lots of other great ones in your earlier post. Love the one of Eleven. And that beautiful African-American woman. So many good ones.

Edited by Snakenole, 18 October 2016 - 10:18 AM.

#14 Snakenole

Snakenole

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:13 AM

Also, Davos, and Daily 9.3.16, Hana and Shiro. Are these the same characters that are in your sig graphic? So that's part of The Floating World too?

And Dear Apparition. Awesome.

Edited by Snakenole, 18 October 2016 - 12:34 PM.

#15 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostScott, on 17 October 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostRabbitRan, on 14 October 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

Yeah I didn't even think to come to this site before the show to see who'd be in attendance. I've drifted too far from the lake and the river

Have you not been paying attention to the songs!?! IT'S DANGEROUS WHEN YOU LEAVE!

#16 RabbitRan

RabbitRan

Eddie Eddie Eddie

• Artistic Directors
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:12 PM

View PostSnakenole, on 18 October 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

View PostRabbitRan, on 17 October 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

I noticed that some people left after Eisley too. The crowd was fairly sedate while Gavin was up (remember he said, "The silence is deafening.") but then picked up for Eisley. I guess they have a pretty good fanbase too. I really liked them. Live at least. I remember the guy yelling "Red Hands" but guess I missed the "Shut up!" part. LOL I did hear someone yell "I wanna suck your dick" or something like that and Casey made a face like, "Sheesh. Every damn show." Haha. Hey Eddie, is that your original artwork in your sig? I really like that sketch...
I overheard quite a few people saying they were Eisley fans and hadn't heard of the headliner, which is a funny situation considering all of the times I've gone to shows just to see an opener too. Hopefully some Eisley fans also became TDH fans though! And it is! Check out the links below it or maybe the topic where I post all my stuff for you guys to see https://www.lakeandt...20 Thank you (:
Dang, man! Your stuff is great! What medium do you work in? I really, really, really dig the one you have in your sig. Something about the leaning telephone pole in the middle and the grays and blacks. Really amazing. And lots of other great ones in your earlier post. Love the one of Eleven. And that beautiful African-American woman. So many good ones.

View PostSnakenole, on 18 October 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

Also, Davos, and Daily 9.3.16, Hana and Shiro. Are these the same characters that are in your sig graphic? So that's part of The Floating World too? And Dear Apparition. Awesome.

Thank you :D and yes! Floating World takes place in a post-massive earthquake/tsunami area, so there's still a lot of water and debris everywhere (even 20 years latr)

#17 RabbitRan

RabbitRan

Eddie Eddie Eddie

• Artistic Directors
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:13 PM

Oh and I work almost exclusively digitally!

#18 Snakenole

Snakenole

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

Keep us posted on the progress of your graphic novel. If it gets published, I will definitely buy a copy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users