12 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:22 AM

Was anyone else there tonight? Twas a truly epic performance.
Posted Image

#2 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:52 AM

I know Paper Tigers (Zeller) was!
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#3 Sigafoos

Sigafoos

SIGGITYFIGGITYFIGGITYFOOS

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • Interests:fnord

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:05 PM

AHEM.

Did you come up and talk to Alex at one point? Maaaan we could have had a LATR hangout :(

I did see papertigers.

And god daaaaaamn that was a good show! I get really anxious about waiting around and being a bother so I didn't go wait by the bus, even though I regret it.

I hope to set an example. You know, for children and stuff.

#4 Steve

Steve

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:08 PM

At first when we went back there I didn't want to wait around either. But our car was on that street so I figured I'd chill for a bit. Eventually EVERYBODY left and it was only my dad and I in the parking lot. And then A WILD CASEY appeared and I threw a pokeball.

I've been seeing Casey since he was in TREOS. He told me about TDH before he even finished the demos. So I figured hey, might as well say hi. He's such a rad dude, I figured that even though I've met him like 12 times he might not remember me with the thousands of people he's met. But he did, and even remembered that my dad gave his a copy of his album a few years back.

It was epic, I got to ask him (and he answered but asked me to wait until the tour was over to disclose) every question I had about the story, even stuff he was ambiguous about in the livestream.

I live by Utica and the three hour drove home let me tell you my mind was racing with closure.

#5 Dubi117

Dubi117

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

New member here!

I was at the Buffalo show, was actually my first time seeing them. I also live near Utica and it was a 7 hour round trip for me on a Sunday night. Absolutely worth every minute of that trip.
Hell of a performance.

Here is a short video I took! https://www.instagra.../p/BK0hGbdhpFI/

#6 Sigafoos

Sigafoos

• Admin
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:46 PM

Casey is the BEST. Last time I saw him was in Utica, I think when TDH opened for Anthony Green. I was wearing my LATR shirt and as soon as he saw me he gave me a hug.

#7 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:49 PM

There are LATR shirts?

Also you guys are making me wish I had stuck around when I went to see them on the Act II/III tour. But my brother drove me and it was kinda late so it really wasn't on the table.
I will not be a parasite.

#8 Steve

Steve

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:32 AM

Casey hinted Sunday night that he would continue to write music with "these guys" but that it might not be The Dear Hunter. I can't see a logistical reason why he would want to retire the name and start a new band with the same people... but I can see the reasoning from a creative standpoint. He told me he didn't want to do something like Migrant and gave me a pretty strong feeling that I may have seen my last The Dear Hunter show. "The Final Act Tour". ;'-(

#9 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:29 AM

That Lifetime membership is tough work!

#10 Fabio Dias

Fabio Dias

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Music, Digital Marketing, Drumming, Fitness.

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

I was the Buffalo concert as well. Had a blast going through the VIP experience. Casey was a very nice guy to meet as well. This was my second show, first one was in Toronto last May.

Posted Image

#11 Sigafoos

Sigafoos

• Admin
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:13 AM

Okay next time we will do a got dang proper meetup. Because I'm sad I missed everybody. (I knew a bunch of people at the show, but they aren't LATR folk)

#12 Fabio Dias

Fabio Dias

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Music, Digital Marketing, Drumming, Fitness.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

View PostSigafoos, on 03 October 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

Okay next time we will do a got dang proper meetup. Because I'm sad I missed everybody. (I knew a bunch of people at the show, but they aren't LATR folk)

We should've met.

I went by myself to story time and ended up meeting a bunch of fans that got to hang with me during and before the show. It was a lot of fun. I went all the way from Toronto by myself and don't regret not even a bit.

#13 Zeiu

Zeiu

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

Was a pretty sweet show. Drove from London, ON alone to see it. I got to the venue earlier than the doors and parked right next to the bus without realizing, looked over and one of the guys in the band was there, gave him a look because it surprised me, was waiting in my car taking a nap till doors opened and they closed their window blinds, probably thought I was a huge creep. After the show I waited in the bar to see if they'd come out to sign things, ended up leaving then seeing Casey go into the bus, bummer. Think I remember seeing you two waiting at the parking lot exit after the show though. Didn't get to see the guy dressed as the Pimp and Priest though sadly :(.

Edited by Zeiu, 05 October 2016 - 08:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users