- - - - -

BEARD PHOTOGRAPHY.Yes, you read that correctly.

casey crescenzo beard photography the dear hunter art

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting. Art. Ukulele. Enjoying life one adventure at a time.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:13 AM

GUYS. So you're probably wondering, why the weird title? Well, I'm taking a History of Photography course this semester, and the other day, we built what is called a Cliché Verre camera. Basically how it works is that there's this black, open-ended box with a magnifying lens on one side. You slide a sheet of glass into the open end of the box, and the lens projects what you're aiming at onto the glass. Then, you trace over the projection with a sharpie, and that's basically how old timey "photographs" were first made (except they probably used a special kind of paint). HERE'S WHERE THE COOL PART BEGINS.

In order to "print" your photograph, the drawings have to be exposed on top of a special paper in the sunlight for like ten minutes or so, brought into the dark room, and then developed.

So naturally for one of my images, I did a photograph of Casey and his magnificent beard (I mean honestly, who could resist?). And let me just say, it turned out absolutely magnificent.

Pre-processing image:

[Imgur]()

Post-sunlight exposure image:

[Imgur]()

And, finally, the post-dark room image. Blacks and whites are supposed to be switched, so it may look a little odd in the color department, but I'm in love with how well it turned out!

[Imgur]()

Also, here's what the previous image looks like with the color flipped. So yeah, it transferred pretty well.

[Imgur]()

Hope you guys enjoy this, it was such a cool experience!

Edited by twotimesthedime, 01 September 2015 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image
_The leaves and the trees remember me_

#2 KingofRain86

KingofRain86

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Music, Netflix, Videogames

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:04 PM

That's pretty damn cool. You should make an Andy Warhol type poster from them.
Posted Image

Also tagged with casey crescenzo, beard, photography, the dear hunter, art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users