• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting. Art. Ukulele. Enjoying life one adventure at a time.

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:58 PM

Hey all! Just uploaded some more pages for you guys, featuring a pretty interesting take on Go Get Your Gun and some more of that awful Father character. Ha. Also there's just two more weeks until Act IV and two more script updates before you get to read the whole thing, so yes. Super exciting.

Happy reading!

Edited by twotimesthedime, 21 August 2015 - 01:59 PM.

Posted Image
_The leaves and the trees remember me_

#42 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

Sooo, I haven't read your script but I did see you initially had issues with transferring over. Just saw Rian Johnson (Looper, Brick, soon to be Ep VIII) mention this the other day & thought it might be useful, even though the software you use is probably through your class as well...but couldn't hurt to have!

http://www.fadeinpro...tent=comparison

#43 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:33 AM

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 21 August 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

Sooo, I haven't read your script but I did see you initially had issues with transferring over. Just saw Rian Johnson (Looper, Brick, soon to be Ep VIII) mention this the other day & thought it might be useful, even though the software you use is probably through your class as well...but couldn't hurt to have!

http://www.fadeinpro...tent=comparison

Yeah, I did use a particular software for my class last semester. The Dear Hunter (and several other projects) are written and formatted with the free version of Celtx. And while it doesn't do much, it does what I need it to do and I've really enjoyed using the program. The only reason I'm using GoogleDocs for this thread is so people can see only what I want them to see, and it also allows people to comment on it. I have the option of sharing it through Celtx but I'd have to have everyone's emails to do so. I suppose I could provide that option come September 4th for those who want to read the official copy, since it'll probably go through multiple revisions latr.

Thanks for the tip though, I may check that program out sometime and see if I like the formatting style better! :D
Posted Image

#44 Harryog77

Harryog77

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:57 AM

Finally got round to reading this yesterday and I gotta say it was thouroghly entertaining. I went from start to finish and was captivated all throughout. At first I thought the boy seemed a bit childish for a 22 year old but that's understandable considering his circumstances. I thought you did well at showing how the events change him as he seemed completely different by the war.good job, I look forward to reading the rest of act 3 and act 4

#45 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
  • Interests:Music, Video Games, Reading, Friends, Talking, Etc Etc

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:59 PM

Caught up with the script.

I wish the tank and a scene of "what it means to be alone" would be alot longer.

Always thought at the end of In Cauda Venenum (The part that starts with: Ooo when I think of your eyes.) that the Boy would be traveling in the back of an automobile with other soldiers as he has the last momento of Ms. Leading a photograph. And at the part it says "When I think of your lies." He tears the photo in half and flings it to the ground as the automobile continues going.

Also in What it means to be alone. I always imagined The Boy traveling with the other soldiers through a broken battlefield to see the fields littered with corpses and when the lyrics says; With our feet beneath us with our hands to the sky we extend our limbs begging "why oh why?" He would imagine the corpses almost moving their limbs towards the sky in agony. Then the part says "Don't turn away" bombs are set off through the battlefield as The Boy dodges the explosions he jumps into a ditch with his rifle out along with the soldiers in the ditch by his side thats when he sees the tank coming towards them.

On a side note: I'm absolutely in love with the dialogue between The Boy and The Son. Also love the dream of the boy images he sees with the poison woman, the thief, the pimp, ms terri etc. I look forward to seeing how you'll end Act III.
Sing Softly, Sing me to The Lake...
Sing Softly, Bring me to The Lake...

#46 LiterallyEthan

LiterallyEthan

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Music, Acting, Film Direction/Editing, Sketching/Art

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:12 PM

I just finished up act one and this is really fantastic so far! I'm really enjoying reading it, but I was thinking that some of The Boy's dialogue seems a bit unnatural early on. But yeah I really like this and I'll finish reading it soon when I get a chance

<]Punk~Prog Rock~Alt Rock~Indie Rock~Post-Hardcore[>

</Ukelele-Bass-Guitar-Vocals-Alto Sax-Clarinet\>

#47 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

View PostLiterallyEthan, on 23 August 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

I was thinking that some of The Boy's dialogue seems a bit unnatural early on.

How so/which scene(s)? If you've got any advice about this, hit me with it. Glad you're liking the script so far, though!

View PostWeAreDormin777, on 23 August 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Always thought at the end of In Cauda Venenum (The part that starts with: Ooo when I think of your eyes.) that the Boy would be traveling in the back of an automobile with other soldiers as he has the last momento of Ms. Leading a photograph. And at the part it says "When I think of your lies." He tears the photo in half and flings it to the ground as the automobile continues going.

Also in What it means to be alone. I always imagined The Boy traveling with the other soldiers through a broken battlefield to see the fields littered with corpses and when the lyrics says; With our feet beneath us with our hands to the sky we extend our limbs begging "why oh why?" He would imagine the corpses almost moving their limbs towards the sky in agony. Then the part says "Don't turn away" bombs are set off through the battlefield as The Boy dodges the explosions he jumps into a ditch with his rifle out along with the soldiers in the ditch by his side thats when he sees the tank coming towards them.

This is super awesome imagery. I've said before that I just didn't know what to do with the songs pre-Tank, and your musings are absolutely perfect. I'm definitely going to play around with these (hopefully I'll have time this week), and see what can come of it, because my brain is already pumping out new ideas. This also gives me a chance to put more of the music into the script, so that's good too. I think my favorite suggestion is the one where The Boy rips up Ms. Leading's photograph, but at the same time there's that scene that occurs before He Said He Had a Story when he reads her final letter with the rose petals in it. Should I choose to write this new scene, do you think the letter scene would still work or should it be deleted/changed in some way?

Glad you like The Son's dialogue with The Boy. His final scenes will premier this coming Friday so prepare yourself... Also the ending gives me chills every time I read it, so hopefully this'll impact everyone in the same way. Can't wait until September 4th!
Posted Image

#48 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

More has been uploaded! This week marks the second-to-last script posting, as well as the Son/Father part of the script...so prepare yourselves emotionally. Hope you like this week's post!
Posted Image

#49 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

Hey guys, so I've got some exciting news for you all. Since LATR is gonna be completely taken over by all of the Act IV hype on Friday, I've decided to share my final scenes right now. Not only does it include the ending, but also some new Father dialogue on the first page as well as a couple of new scenes featuring In Cauda/The Tank/What it Means to be Alone, which are subject to be edited further in the future. Shoutout to everyone that commented with awesome ideas for these scenes; I took ideas from each and combined them with my own interpretations so I hope you like them. Writing and editing this script with the help of people who actually know and care about the subject has been unbelievably awesome, and I'm so glad I've shared it with this forum!

Sappiness aside, I do have one thing I'm curious to hear you guys' opinion about. A lot of suggestions have involved ending the script at Act II and making a III/IV version as a sequel. If you read the final moments, you'll see that the last part involving the His Hands Matched His Tongue reprise wouldn't fit well if I split the script, as it acts as the perfect cliffhanger to what I've written. I suppose this'll best be answered once Act IV comes out and is properly analyzed, but I'll be interested to know what you think now that you have the whole script in front of you!

On another side note, if any of you would like to read the script in its original formatting (which includes a scene navigation bar and more accurate edits) just message me your email and I can invite you to view it through Celtx. You do have to make a Celtx account for this, but it's easy and free. Either way you choose to read it (the GoogleDocs link will still be available), I hope you enjoy this epic story I've translated from the lyrics to the big screen!

...And yes, an Act IV script will most certainly be a thing.

Edited by twotimesthedime, 02 September 2015 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with act i, act ii, act iii, movie, dear hunter, adaptation, script

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users