6 replies to this topic

#1 alexiguess

alexiguess

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Math, Fantasy Sports

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:05 PM

Hey! Been a fan since 2007, around the time Act II came out; will probably always be my favorite TDH release (and definitely a top 5 album I would want if stranded on an island). Have seen TDH tons: all over Pittsburgh (diesel, Mr Smalls, Cattivo acoustic show, altar bar), Philly for the show with the string section, and Akron. Have also traveled to Rhode Island and Boston (?) for the TREOS final/reunion shows.

Other than music, I play in rec hockey leagues, teach math for a living, and walk my collie mix Jasmine (pictured).

If you're in the Pittsburgh area, give me a heads up and let's meet for a beer

#2 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:28 AM

welcomeiguess

#3 theryan

theryan

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:music, space, rocks, space-rocks, old wooden ships.

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:28 PM

Welcome! I grew up in Pgh, but moved away about 5 years ago. I too went to the Diesel and Mr. Small's shows. Remember when Nick broke his snare at the diesel show during the intro to Inqury of Ms. Terri (I think)? Casey tried so hard to keep it together.

#4 alexiguess

alexiguess

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

Hey thanks for the welcome. I vaguely remember the snare drum issue. I do remember there hardly being anyone there though (like less than 50 people would you say?). I remember thinking "TDH is never coming back to Pittsburgh". Glad I was wrong. I also got a chance to talk to Casey at the upstairs bar a bit after that show, and he was telling me about an Elton Jon cover he was about to release (Goodbye Yellowbrick Road on the random eps) and I sorta let him down, cause when he asked "Do you like Elton Jon?" I replied apologetically "eh, not really".. haha I didn't want to lie.

Let me know if you're ever back in the burgh and up for grabbing a beer.

#5 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:11 PM

were you at mr. smalls on the tour with kay kay and his weathered underground?

#6 alexiguess

alexiguess

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:41 PM

I was at the 2009 show (also at mr smalls) with mewithoutyou/TDH/kay kay, but not the 2011 show (I was in upstate NY in 2011, right by where equal vision hq is actually). I remember picking up the Act III deluxe cd at the time (not sure why I only got the regular edition initially). I think I saw browsing around there was a latr get together at the 2011 show. Sounded pretty cool, but no way I was making it from Albany.

#7 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:05 PM

yeah there was a good amount of us there and it was a fun time. I like that little patio waiting area they had that we could order drinks and wait around at before going in

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users