Ask AndyAndy's here now!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 Christopher Tagliaferro

Christopher Tagliaferro

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Hot Sauce, xbox, being pretentious.

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

View Postkyla, on Dec 28 2008, 01:27 AM, said:

andy, you're a regular esteban then?

fixed:

Posted Image

edit: apparently i forgot to pay for my webspace this month... pic coming back soon

#82 Zak

Zak

Ms. Leading

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

woah props
every day above ground is a good day
Posted Image

#83 wax wings

wax wings

The Swine Who Smiles

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

i lol'd

#84 Human Shield

Human Shield

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Music, Fishing and Gaming

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:37 PM

Ever seen Casey Sleep walk and steal from your mini-fridge?

#85 SpaceYeti

SpaceYeti

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Hobos

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

Goddamnit Andy what kind of Korg do you use
For cereal.

#86 Vincent

Vincent

Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

View PostAndy Wild Rick, on Dec 27 2008, 05:19 PM, said:

Last May, casey and me made the decision to get a couple new keyboards. He got the nord so he can play organ and rhodes out of his amp and have it sound awesome. But I went with the fairly new KORG M3. I think its an incredible piece of equipment. Each song gets its own 8 channel setting. So on each song I can have strings, bells, piano ready to be turned on and off with the click of a button. Some songs have programmed parts with motion that is synced to the tempo.

#87 SpaceYeti

SpaceYeti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Hobos

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

Ah fuck I remember reading that but I thought he just said that he bought a Korg.

My bad.
For cereal.

#88 Vincent

Vincent

Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

Oh, no worries man. I wasn't trying to be snarky or anything. Just saving Andy from having to explain it again.

#89 Bright Size Life

Bright Size Life

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:12 AM

I've been considering the M3 for a little while now. It is a very impressive piece of equipment. How would you describe the ease or difficulty of getting up and running with it? Was it something that was kind of intuitive or were you flipping through the manual and scratching your head for the first week or so?

There's like a 6 part youtube demo of this thing, so initially it's kind of intimidating...

#90 Otter

Otter

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Otters

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:22 AM

Andy, how would you stop the Batman?
Posted Image

#91 search

search

The Man

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff and stuff...yeah.

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

Hey Andy, can you fly?

#92 Markus

Markus

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

View PostAndy Wild Rick, on 27 December 2008 - 04:19 PM, said:

Oh and to answer someone's question, I was classically trained for about 4 years. But probably not on the instrument you'd expect. I was a classical guitar performance major when I went to college for a couple years. I prepared with a professor before I got to college for a couple years as well. I don't think anything beats the sound of a classical guitar being played well. Its like a mixture of a harp and a piano to me.

By the way, I love giving lessons....for classical....or for any style. If you want to learn to read music and play some baroque style guitar, shoot me a line and I'll try to help you out!
So yes,I know this was posted a long time ago, but:

1) Still offering?
2) How much?
3) How would this be done? i.e. video lesson, in person, etc.

#93 Killroy Jones

Killroy Jones

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

I play some keys as well Andy, not nearly as accomplished as you folks in The Dear Hunter of course, but your musical lines and piano melodies inspire me and sooth the soul.

What are some of your favorite Keys? I like the Key of C with C,Dm,E,Am progessions, I think I might here some of those same chords in your music as well. Of course you are classicly trained and read music and so my silly chord talk insults your ears and inflames your bowels, or perhaps that is the deep fried hotdogs.

In your opionion, what is the best way to start developing a listening ear for the piano? And any good sites you can refer me to for learning to read sheet music? I am too broke for lessons and here in Idaho I am quite limited on teachers.

Thanks for your help, keep up the good work, and hey dont let Casey pick on you so much, stand up for yourself. I bet you could dig up some real good dirt on him if you try, perhaps a heroine addiction or something of that nature.

Sincerely,

Josh

#94 Hush Stevens

Hush Stevens

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

View PostKillroy Jones, on 20 August 2010 - 05:05 PM, said:

I play some keys as well Andy, not nearly as accomplished as you folks in The Dear Hunter of course, but your musical lines and piano melodies inspire me and sooth the soul.

What are some of your favorite Keys? I like the Key of C with C,Dm,E,Am progessions, I think I might here some of those same chords in your music as well. Of course you are classicly trained and read music and so my silly chord talk insults your ears and inflames your bowels, or perhaps that is the deep fried hotdogs.

In your opionion, what is the best way to start developing a listening ear for the piano? And any good sites you can refer me to for learning to read sheet music? I am too broke for lessons and here in Idaho I am quite limited on teachers.

Thanks for your help, keep up the good work, and hey dont let Casey pick on you so much, stand up for yourself. I bet you could dig up some real good dirt on him if you try, perhaps a heroine addiction or something of that nature.

Sincerely,

Josh

I hate to burst your bubble dude, but Andy left the band when they relocated to California.
So I don't think he still checks the forum.

#95 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

i don't think he ehver checked the forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users