1 reply to this topic

#1 CrystalMeff

CrystalMeff

The Son

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

This is here so questions wont be repeated.

The Dear Hunter

Q: Does anyone know why Luke and Sam Dent leave The Dear Hunter?
A: They left because they wanted to leave. Having them in the band was great for the time they were in the band, and watching them go was tough. They moved on to different things and are happy in their endeavors. I do think that it is a bit funny when people site a lineup change as a possible shift in music styling or quality. All respect given to everyone who has been a part of this band (which includes 4 other people besides the lineup before this version of the band) but the music has been, and will continue to be, my child. I have been very open with the amount of creative control and sonic stubbornness I possess in The Dear Hunter and that should bring peace to the mind of anyone who enjoyed act I or II. The difference in sound will be the result of my desire to evolve, not the result of the process of assembling the right band.

Q: I noticed that your brother is NOW in the band full time, or at least he has been at the last 2 shows i've seen. First off is he older or younger? secondly... whats it like writing music with him, knowing that he played drums for Act I.
A: My brother is older, and it is amazing having him in the band finally. We always played together until I left home, and he helped shape me musically. It is great to write music with him because he understands, from over a decade of experience, how I work and the way I like to get things accomplished. He was unable to be in the band until this point because of the various things he was doing on his own- one of which was living in Japan for almost a year.
from the time I was about 10, my brother, father, and I would play music together on an almost daily basis. We learned everything from our father, and shaped each other in that time. That is one of the best parts of having him in the band now.
He is also an amazing bassist, guitarist, and vocalist- and Im excited to have his voice on the new record, as well as the other members of the band.

Q: Casey ever planning on putting your acts on Vinyl? (Records)
A: I have wanted to since Act I, but we haven't figured it out with our label... I am hoping that with act 3 we can rerelease the first 2 acts on vinyl and also get the damn book out.

Q: Hey Casey, is the street team still running or is it dead?
A: The street team is alive... it is hard for me to keep running in the fashion I have it, but I would like to find a way to maybe transform this site to have a street team section thats password protected. When we started to phase out of touring the team sort of fell through my hands, but I would like to start it back up.

Q: Second, Are we going to see the Color Albums or have they been put aside for the time being.
A: The color albums have been set aside for the time being- mostly because I am hard at work on Act III. They are still a priority and it is more a matter of finding time.

Q: Casey, would you ever do a live album or DVD or something after Act III comes out?
A: I would love to. We were actually going to do a proper recording (audio and video) of one of the shows at cafe 939 in boston, but were told that we would have to pay an additional fee and royalties to release it- even though it was going to be bonus material on the record. SO, that fell through- but there is still a plan to do something special.

Q: Would you like to make a comment on the recent MTVU victory? are there plans to film a video any time near the release of the album?
A: I am very thankful the video got some airplay. I worked incredibly hard on finishing it the right way and was pleased with the result- so to see it finally being played is a relief.

Q: Casey, do you have any plans in the making for a European tour next year? You really have to come visit Amsterdam, man.
A: I would love to get to Europe and every day we are getting a little closer. Our biggest trouble at the moment is trying to find a label to release our records.

Q: I have a question about the random EP's. What was the motivation behind them, obviously it's a real bonus for us fans, but how did the idea originally come about?
A: Wellllllll... at the end of last year I knew I was going to be doing some acoustic shows and I wanted to bring something new to show- it felt like forever since act II had been released and I wanted to offer something new to the people who came out- even though it wasn't really completely new music. I thought it would be fun to take a few songs and redevelop them, and approach them from a new headspace- it was something I always wanted to do with TREOS but never really got the chance to.
It's more for fun than for anything else- and very much only for the people who are already well acquainted with the dear hunter stuff- don't really know how many new fans could be won over by the random eps

Q: Different takes on songs?
A: I would really like to do an orchestral lake and the river. I don't know why but I really like that suggestion. As far as jazz improv versions- it may not translate very well- but maybe a cool swing or lounge version or even big band would be fun.
I don't know- I always wanted to do a prog version of black sandy beaches... or a straight piano version of VVV.
I also would do an all vocal version of any song but i feel that would be a bit boring to anyone but me.
The one song I am REALLY itching to cover is Black hole sun.

Q: Random EP #3

1. Orchestral LATR
2. Black Hole Sun
3. Dixieland Procession
4. Prog Black Sandy Beaches
5. Disco Blood of the Rose
6. Live Pimp and the Priest (with 'I Want You' outro)

A: That sounds really good actually. For some reason I can only hear Blood of the Rose in disco being sung by Elvis. The one thing that does look particularly awesome is the dixieland procession... THAT would be fun. LOTS OF FUN!
As far as musicians to come and play, we have a few friends in boston who could come down and help out...
I think we should try and do a poll or something to vote for 6 songs for the next random ep.

Q: So like, Nick uses a metronome? Is that why he wears headphones?
A: Yeah Nick uses a metronome on some songs so we can sync our effects to it. In Australia we were playing to some backing tracks, and i think the song that turned to shit was pimp and the priest.

Q: casey, what is the biggest problem thats ever gone wrong at a show?
A: I forgot to say the worst thing I have ever done on stage- In TREOS at our CD release show in CT I was very excited- and I still thought it was cool to throw my guitar, and myself, around all over the place... SO at a very intense part of the song I was wigging out a bit, and I ended up hitting myself in the back of the head with the guitar. I fell a bit, saw some stars, and then looked to the side of the stage to see our producer with this look on his face, shaking his head, mouthing the words "what the ****".
**** means Fuck.

Q: Casey, are there plans for updating the website any time soon?
A: Yes, I was actually speaking with Glenn(in charge of the site) a few days ago about a giant update. We should be getting things together in a few weeks.

Q: Would you ever consider having action figures made of characters from the story. Or at least an action figure of yourself?
A: Action figures of the story would be great.
A Ms Leading figure with a little button or something that shakes her hips would be great.
and the boy could be one of those dolls where you press down and it collapses.
the pimp and the priest could just be made of some gelatinous material.

Q: Someone has to be in the right frame of mind to create a desired result. Being so story based and taking into consideration the involvement of different characters, what do you do to get yourself in "the zone", if you will?
A: Most of the story is written from the perspective of the boy, the narrator, or the oracles. A little was written from the perspective of Ms. Leading, but there weren't enough decisions or actions she had to make or take in the story that warranted me diving too far into her psyche.
As for the characters all intermingling and responding to each other, the only way I can describe it is that I created these characters in my head and just let them do what they came to do. It was a bit of detached observation of my imagination... if that makes sense.

TREOS

Q: Your thoughts on reuniting for the final TREOS shows?
A: it was the best experience of my life.

Q: Did the recurring lines on BTHATS influence you to put the recurring lines on Act I and II?
A: As far as the recurring lines go in both projects, that was something I brought with me to the table. I had always been a fan of actual albums with a strong theme, and when we were writing lyrics for BTHATS I wanted to make sure that the element of a strong theme was clear. In short, that is something I have done in almost every project I have been a part of- long before TREOS.

Q: Would the dear hunter be allowed or able to or willing to play some TREOS songs from BTHATS? that would be simply amazing....
A: hate to be rude but this whole post is very snobby. As much as I love TREOS and the guys, it wouldnt make much sense to play a song off of BTHATS.

Q: Back in the TREOS days, when you were running your laptop for all the samples, how did you have it all set up? Were you just going through all the reason files?
A: At the beginning I had the laptop running reason with a M-Audio Firewire 410 so that I could send Andrew the click track while I still ran the samples in stereo. I also had a small midi controller set up so that I could play piano or synth depending on the song.
After a while the laptop became less reliable, and I needed a better, more secure way to run the samples. I didn't want to run an iPod because that meant I would have to commit to running the samples in mono, so I built a rack mounted pc and started rewiring reason with Nuendo. That was also when we started playing a more seamless set, so I had a few project files for different set lengths, and with rewiring reason, I was still able to use various synth and piano sounds with my midi controller.

ACT II

Q: I know in interviews you've talked about how when you finished act II you had almost 2 hours of music that had to be cut down to not have a double disc for your first full length. If you come up with as much material for act III will it be trimmed again to one disc or will you be more open to a multiple disc release?
A: I would definitely be open to a multiple disc release in a few forms... The story is over such a longer period of time and has much more depth in it- and the music will follow. The only reason it would be a problem is label funding. who knows though.

Q: Hey, Casey. In red hands it says "take off your sweater, your shoes, and your shirt and get to work". My question is, why wasn't she wearing pants?
A: good question. no answer. Sorry! Maybe, as stated above, she wasn't wearing any?

ACT III

Q: And if you can, please tell me one of the song titles. Just one. Just want to know.
A: there arent too many names right now... one of the songs is called Mustard Gas... thats about all i got for you at the moment.

Q: How many songs are planned to be in Act III?
A: Right now it is looking like there will be 14-15 tracks... that could change, and as always there is a good lot of material that is being used as transitional, and less focal.

Q: Will there be instrumental movements in Act III?
A: Yes.

Q: Do you have anyone lined up for releasing ACT III in Australia?
A: I don't think there is any label for Australia just yet- though I believe we should have one in place by the time Act III is finished.

Q: Can you record a bunch of footage in the making of Act III to put up online or something? I really enjoyed the Act II videos on youtube, but they're too short!
A: Yes we are going to be documenting the entire process and hopefully compiling it. I enjoyed those videos as well, but I am hoping to take thing up a bit.

Q: do you feel more or less pressure in making act III, than when you wrote/recorded the first two?
A: Quite a bit more pressure now. Whether it is good or not, there has been a standard set with acts I and II, and it would be lying to say that I don't feel the stress a bit with creating this record.

Q: Casey, Will we ever see another 1878-esque guest appearance from another singer? I love the song, and I think yours and Dan Nigro's voices work amazingly well together.
A: I don't really like doing many guest vocalists, but I know there will be 1 person for sure who is on the new record.

Q: What did you guys demo with this time around?
A: we've been demoing with logic.

Recording Techniques / Instruments

Q: I was wondering what kind of acoustic you have, the black one. You played it for me and my friends in Rhode Island and that thing sounded amazing.
A: I don't know exactly what kind of guitar it is, I know its a Martin, and one of the less expensive ones, but I don't know the exact model. Its andy's so you should check with him... Ill just post his phone number here.

Q: Hey Casey, I was just wondering what made you decide to use the Roland VP-550 for harmonies at the UMass show, rather than the full-band harmonies from the headlining shows.
A: To be honest it was a matter of monitors... those harmonies really rely on us having a somewhat stable monitor system and mix, and we just didnt have it, and knew that we wouldn't, so I went back to ol Roland.

Q: What delicious recording equipment (as in mics) would you recommend that do not require a lot of a ridiculous thing that is known of as money?
A: As far as mics, we bought a couple of cascade ribbon mics (inexpensive but very nice sound), an sm7, and a pair of rode nt5s. For guitar, I have been really into double amp setups and using different mic setups on each cab... a 57 and 421 on one cab, then a 57 with a km184 on the second cab... For drums it is fairly basic, but I like to keep my overheads farther from the kit than most people, and I am into a 57 and km184 taped together for a top snare sound... and also nice stereo room mics placed far enough away to make the drums sound like they are being played in a cave.

Q: Can you recommend some tasty keyboards?
A: tasty keyboards eh? I think the Nord electro II i have is cool- the organ and electric pianos or great, but the acoustic piano patch is junk. for cheap you could get a used alesis qs 8 for like... 300 bucks... it sounds good enough and plays well.

Q: What's your current set-up, as in pedals, and the whole works?
A: my current setup is a nord electro 2 and my guitar A/B'd through a marshall guvna pedal, a boss reverb, a whammy pedal, a holy grail reverb, and a line 6 green delay pedal, then the mxr compressor... i think im leaving something out... but thats through my deville 410. pretty simple stuff.

Q: How did you learn how to properly eq when you record? My bass tracks always seem to get somewhat lost in the mix.
A: I think proper eq comes with time. You can spend a lot of time learning the fundamentals, and reading everything you can about how other people do it... but in the end discretion and technique comes with time and experimentation.

Q: I know you record drums with your brother but when he's not around what do you use for drum programming? What did you use for the intro to Satisfaction?
A: For the most part I used Reason when he wasn't around.

Q: Dude, Casey... Could you possibly walk me through how to make crazy sounds with effect pedals? (DL-4, etc, etc.) I know it's pretty straight forward and I am definitely able to do it up, but I was just wondering if there's any particular or definite ways that you know of that would make for some sweet transitions, middle-of-song sawceyness, or just all out messing around to patch songs together and whatnot...?
A: DL-4 - Feedback between 90-100% - mix at about 50-60% - play with the time knob.
One thing I like doing is taking my reverb pedal and getting a nice rich hall verb, then running it into the DL-4, or any delay that does reverse, and then running that into another reverb. It starts to sound like a synth after a while. Also- dont underestimate the power of a tremolo pedal.

Writing

Q: I understand that religion must inspire you since you often write on it. But, I can never tell, is the inspiration based on an anger towards it or appreciation?
A: I think that I have a certain appreciation for the roots of any religion, and a level of disdain for what some religions have become. My mind tends to struggle with both points of view, and I feel that may be the place the lyrics (which are religious) come from.

Q: do you ever listen to classical music for inspiration? If so, what sort of impact does it have on your work?
A: In all honesty I don't really get to listen to much music anymore. I listen to the bands that I work and tour with, and by the end of the day when I have alone time, the silence is welcomed- my ears can rest. As far as classical I really know very little, but whenever I hear anything I like it I think... I don't really know- Im kind of musically inept.

Q: what would you say your strongest asset or skill is when you make such great music. would you say your better at individual instruments, or putting music together and knowing what should go where?
A: I would hope that I am better at putting the music together and knowing where those instruments should go. I think for a lot of people when they hear heavy instrumentation or anything technical in the middle of a well written song, they dismiss it as prog and aren't able to hear the song for what it is, while other people will hear the technical side of the song, and see how it serves to better the songwriting and to compliment the progressions. also, there are some amazing musicians out there, who play circles around me, and expose me as a technical novice- so if my ability to play outweighs my ability to write- my songs must be junk.

Q: I know you draw most of your influences from bands like The Beatles, the Beach boys, Weather Report, etc, but where do you draw your influences from in your harder stuff? Did you just pick that up from being in TREOS?
A: The harder stuff comes from bands like weather report and mahavishnu orchestra. Its more about taking those kind of tonalities and styles and exploding them with a different palette. It would be foolish to say that TREOS didn't rub off on me, but when I want a part to have extra intensity, I am thinking more about Joe Zawinal.

Q: Casey when you usually start writing a song which comes first the melody, chords, or lyrics? Or does it vary with each song?
A: It varies with the song... for most of act II it started with the chords... but for a good portion of what has been written thus far for act III, the songs have started with a melody or a lyric. I try not to approach every song the same way, and this record has been really liberating.

Q: I've had mad songwriter's block for quite a while now. Do you have any advice to solve this?
A: Honestly the only way that I get over writers block is to take a few days and do something that has nothing to do with music. Get outside, or try and experience something... even just to clear your head. I know that is a duh answer but usually writers block is a signal that you are going to be forcing it.

Q: What/who influences your songwriting in the "Dixieland" department? You write some really neat stuff in that area, so I was just wondering what you draw from to write it so well.
A: Honestly I don't really know for sure. My father is number one in that dept. i think. He always knew how to dive into any style of music and I have always strived to live up to his ability.

Q: how do you make the step from being about to appreciate good music to being able to create it?
A: I don't really ever think about the music I make on that level. I think its the appreciation for good music that drives the attempt. Its about pushing yourself with the inspiration you have gathered from the music you love.

Q: How much longer do you see yourself performing/writing music?
A: As long as I can. At the point I am too old or odd to perform, I will keep writing until I lose my ability to.

Q: Wait, so for every riff or chord progression you write, you just record it and refer to it later? Or would you physically write it down somehow?
A: It pretty much just sits in my head until its recorded.

Q: Do you know much music theory? It seems to be this way. When you have your harmonies and whatnot do you know what intervals they are in your head or do you just do it like nike?
A: I hope this doesn't sound arrogant, but literally I can hear all of the harmonies together in my head and I will just record them before they leave my memory.

Q: Casey, what was the first full song you ever wrote about?
A: No joke, I think the first song I ever wrote (with lyrics) was about a group of pigmies rising up against a tall person.

Q: scoring movies or plays?
A: This is a big dream of mine.
Recently my sister actually acted in a short film... she showed the director some of my music and he enjoyed it enough to contact me about scoring the film. He should have a rough cut to me some time in the near future.

About Casey

Q: are you Catholic? and if you are, do you think that the topics of your albums could get you excommunicated?
A: I don't really know what I am. I think that some of the comparisons in the lyrics could probably anger people with rigid religious beliefs, but I don't know if people that rigid would be listening to our music to begin with.

Q: do you have an iPod and if you do. Did you add The Dear Hunter into it?
A: I have an iphone that I really regret purchasing. I feel that every time i buy a mac product there is a new, cheaper, better version of that product released no more than 4 months later. The dear hunter is not on my phone.

Q: how do you feel about :raep:
A: First off... I would really like to take some pics of my face where I look a little less crazy for use in emoticons....

Q: Favorite president, young lad?
A: Morgan Freeman

Q: any hobbies? r/c plane piloting?
A: Aside from massive amounts of unprotected sex, intravenous drug use, and the occasional animal sacrifice...
I enjoy cooking with my girlfriend, taking my dog on hikes, and antique shopping... you?

Q: whats your dogs name?
A: She is a Shiba Inu named Aurora, but we call her Rory because my gf loves gilmore girls.

Q: What was the first instrument that you really started having an affinity for? What is your favorite instrument to play?
A: The first instrument I really adored was the piano. I loved sitting and listening to my father play for hours, and the music he made. It always seemed intimidating, so I started guitar because my brother played.
It wasn't until TREOS that I really started getting into piano, but now it is my favorite instrument to play.

Q: Casey, do you get stage high? And do you get this "chi" every single performance or only for some?
A: Yes absolutely. It only happens sometimes- I guess its kind of like runners high. It is a welcomed euphoria.
If I open my eyes, which I rarely do, and I look into a bunch of smiling faces, where everyone is singing along, and no one cares about anything but what is happening at that moment- then it really hits me hard. As immature of a song as it is, when people sing with Red Hands I have to take a step back sometimes to stop myself from getting choked up.

Q: You seen LOST? If you have what is your Opinion on it?
A: Probably my favorite show next to house.

Q: Hey, Casey. Do you still need a day job or does TDH pay the bills? If so, at what point were you able to make a living off of the band?
A: TDH doesn't pay the bills just yet... I do a lot of production and video work to cover my rent and such.

Q: Casetron, what is the best and worst jobs you've had prior to your career as musician/producer/male prostitute/video, um...maker?
A: I would say the worst job I had was putting the stickers on VHS porn.
Pretty terrible.
I also hated working for urban outfitters.
I actually had things pretty easy though. I started working as a CGI artist when I was about 12 and even though I didn't make much money doing it for a long time, it was still a really fun inspiring job.

Q: what is your favorite George Michael song?
A: freedom

Q: If you were to hypothetically do an album like Razia's Shadow with guest singers of your choice who would they be?
A: As far as doing a record like razia's... it was done so I wouldnt want to try and do my own version.

Singing

Q: this might be a weird question, but when did you realize you were a good singer?
A: Well, I still have a big issue with my voice, but I guess the first time I realized that maybe i was at least good enough to sing for other people was in a band in high school where we lost our singer. I did a lot of recording back then for the band, and we had a record of finished music, and no singer... so i took a crack at it and i thought that it sounded okay.

Q: Casey, do you do any vocal warm ups before the shows? And while on tour, how do you maintain your vocal cords every day?
A: I love throat coat tea, but I don't really know any warm ups. Usually the first day of tour is amazing... second day is better than that- and then the next 3 days suck... then my voice is good to go- so what I started doing was blowing my voice out about a week before tour starts, and then by the time tour starts I am pretty much good to go.

Q: do you know what the highest note you've ever hit is? slash when you hit it?
A: hmmmm... i can't think of the factually correct answer, but I know that in Flee the Factory the high note in the chorus is up there... and also in Where the road parts, near the end, there is a high harmony that is up there as well...
thats the full voice stuff...
as far as falsetto stuff I don't really know... its all really high.

Q: When did you realize you could scream? Was it something you just started doing when you joined TREOS or no?
A: I had never screamed and the guys in TREOS told me they wanted someone who screamed, so I just tried. I was so intent on making it work with them that I pushed myself beyond my comfort zone- it helped me grow quite a bit.

THE FANZ

Q: I assume that from time to time people give you guys art and stuff inspired by the music. What is it like to see how others interpret what you've put to disc?
A: It's really an amazing feeling to see what they've been inspired to do. When someone takes their enjoyment and connection to a song or a set of songs, and channels that into something new, it takes a song or set of songs beyond the shell that they exist in, and helps expand their idea. I have yet to be let down by anything anyone has made. People are surprised by their own creativity sometimes, and it just takes a jolt to bring it out of them. If I can be a bit of a spark then I feel fulfilled.

Q: Did touring here give you any indication of the kind of fan base you could create here?
A: As far as a fan base, or the potential for one, I think we had a good response amongst the people who attended the shows. Some days were extremely small - 10-25 people watching - and others had hundreds. I will say that I was very surprised by the shows we played away from Soundwave- we had a much better response.

Q: i think its pretty sweet that, for the most part, you've amassed a fanbase that likes your music for all the right reasons.
A: I am SO grateful for that fact. It has been hard and discouraging at times to miss out on some of the feelings which parallel themselves with a more mainstream success (being close to so many bands who have climbed the ladder), but nothing matches the feeling of knowing people love your music, and the a fad or trend.

Random

Q: how long was the longest you've ever grown your beard?
A: Recently it was very long... my girlfriend likes the beard, but even she told me to cut it... i looked like a lion.

Q: casey, do you hate the west coast?
A: I love the west coast and would really like to get out there more often. The thing is we don't really have a draw out there enough to headline, and since we haven't really been out there too too much, we are at the will of any band that is kind enough to bring us out. That being said I think as soon as we are done with act III we are going to try our best to debut it everywhere in the country.

Q: Casey, how do you feel about listening to mp3s as opposed to the actual CDs?
A: Thats a tough question. MP3s are much more convenient but obviously less enjoyable than cds. CDs are like our generations vinyl, and to think that MP3s will be the next generations CDs is kind of upsetting. There is nothing attractive to me about an MP3. There is no
allure to an mp3- its just data telling your speakers how to vibrate- and although a cd is the same in a sense, a CD hold a similar aesthetic to a vinyl, and enables the record to resemble a complete work, as opposed to a collection of songs. It may be my biased, and my inablity to write for the medium of mp3, but I will always love the idea of physically holding a piece of art- rather than downloading it. That being said, I obviously listen to my fair share of mp3s, and I wish it weren't the case.

Q: I was watching mtvU, and I saw a Paper Rivals video in which you were the producer! How did that come about?
A: I think their label saw my church and the dime video and liked it, so they asked me to animate a video for them... i dont know if i like how it turned out.

Q: And the third is You are often compared to The Mars Volta by new listeners, how do you feel about that and if you ever had the chance would you tour with them.
A: It is obvious that if you hear a spastic Latin inspired riff based song from us that the closest comparison to draw would be The Mars Volta. I don't mind the comparison because I think they a really great band- but 99% of any Latin influence comes from my father's music, as well as a good deal of the fusion my brother and I grew up listening to. I would love to tour with them because they are a respectable musical band, and I feel their fans are open-minded.

Q: Hey Casey, could you give a (basic of course) explanation of how you do your animation?
A: sure. Basically I grew up watching Monty Python's Flying Circus and fell in love with all of the animation. Terry Gilliam (who is my favorite director) basically just cut images out and did stop frame animation. It gave the scenes a good amount of depth and there was just something about the style that was very attractive to me. For what I usually do there is a healthy mix of photography and original artwork that goes into each scene. I worked for a good deal of time with programs like 3dsmax, combustion, etc, but for what I have been doing lately it has basically been the manipulation of 2d images in a 3d environment.

Q: Is there any band that you really would like to tour with?
A: I have a tough time picking bands i would really like to tour with. It's not that I dont love a good number of bands, its just hard to pick ones that we would work with. I love Foxy Shazam and would play with them anywhere any day. I also really love Tera Melos, 3, Person L... I have a long list of bands that I think are really inspiring. I just want to tour with anyone who would enjoy having us.

Q: Has anyone had buffalo wing pizza? sooooo goood.
A: Yes. That is by far my favorite pizza. There is a place here in Providence called Ronzio's Pizza and their Buffalo Chicken Pizza is perfect.
Also- anyone ever had DP Dough? The buff-chik calzone is fun and tasty.

Q: Chicken wings are the shizz! So nice. I'm pretty big on pizza and noodles too, but any food is good food. Whats the weirdest/most disgusting thing you've ever eaten?
A: Well- I can't really remember too many disgusting things. In australia I ate Kangaroo- and I know that is horrible- but I have to say it was tasty. Also while I was there, we were looking for food late one night, and all we could find was Chinese food. I ordered the baby octopus and it was served cold with ketchup. Not good.
Other than that, when I was young I ate snake and alligator a few times. "tastes like chicken".
nothing too exciting though.
Oh yeah there was the one time I ate a zebra raw.

Q: chipotle or qdoba?
A: i love em both

Q: What do you think the music industry will be like in another 10yrs? And do you think CDs will still be around?
A: I think the music industry will be pretty similar- people who make records and people who make money off of the people who make records.
I don't think cds will be around in 10 years. They would have been around roughly 30 years. It is just a matter of the constant evolution of data. Remember cassette tapes? I think cds had a good run, but there is no reason to rely on an outdated format if there are other things with more to offer. We need to take advantage of the evolution instead of trying to find ways to fight it.
That being said, I do not believe that the "album" format should be abolished- just augmented. The ability to express ourselves now exists in 3 dimensions (Surround), as opposed to 2 (stereo)- and bands haven't really taken advantage of this. I also think bands will need to become creative groups instead of just friends who play music. There will always be something special about the raw honesty of music, but I think you will have to present more to your audience if you wish to stand out.

i'll edit them every so often

#2 casey crescenzo

casey crescenzo

Hunter

• The Dear Hunter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

Very Kind of you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users