1 reply to this topic

#1 Rob90

Rob90

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here. :)

I've recently discovered The Dear Hunter by recommendations in the Mike Portnoy forum. I've listened to The Color Spectrum and was blown away - a pretty big approach that was mastered incredibly well. I really love the album.

Now it seems to me (especially after reading the texts to all the different EPs in the booklet of the box set) that Mr. Crescenzo pretty much did all of the creative work. Nevertheless, the Wikipedia page of the "Act III" album says "All lyrics written by C. Crescenzo, all music composed by The Dear Hunter" and I couldn't find any songwriting credits in The Color Spectrum.

So my question is, do you guys know if he did all the composing of The Color Spectrum himself, or with help from the other members?

Thanks in advance and greetings,

Rob.

#2 Sigafoos

Sigafoos

SIGGITYFIGGITYFIGGITYFOOS

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • Interests:fnord

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

I feel confident in saying that he did the vast majority of it himself. At this point the non-touring band is him and Nick. He had help on the EPs with guests -- ie Naive Thieves helped with Blue and Yellow, Manchester with Red -- and Nick obviously did the drums, but yep: Casey.

Also, hi! Go introduce yourself in Act I.

I hope to set an example. You know, for children and stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users