ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostKari, on 20 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Yes, and what did you, Antone, The Critic, Silver, and myself do? Nothing. We sat like statues watching up-close the confusion spread across Casey's brow.

Actually... Antone walked up to the stage and explained to Rob what was going on. Not sure if Rob actually told Casey or if Casey just figured it out on his own.

View Postdaniel, on 20 December 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

I asked janky, and this is what he told me.
Before they started playing the Green Ep, some guy proposed to his girlfriend and everyone started booing and shit.
and casey got a bit upset about it?
probably more to it, that's all i remember him saying.
feel free to correct me if this is wrong.

Eh... not exactly. During one of the green songs (I forget which one), Tara told a few of us LatR members that one of the guys in our group (Roman - does he have a LatR username?) wanted to propose to his girlfriend (Peachy Squid), and we should try to get Casey's attention and stop the show for a second so that he could do it. So at the right time, a bunch of people at various places in the crowd all stood up at the same time and were yelling things like "STOP PLAYING" or "HOLD ON" or whatever. But of course, since Casey didn't previously know about this, he got kind of confused. Being that the band had a curfew, Casey said something along the lines of "Well we could take a break, but it would kinda suck if we hit the curfew and had to stop before playing the White EP". (THIS is what people boo-ed... not the proposal. And it wasn't really a "boo"... it was sort of a NO WE DON'T WANT YOU TO STOP BEFORE PLAYING WHITE" type of reaction). That's around when Antone got up to explain the situation to Rob, and around the same time I think Casey noticed Roman proposing in the balcony ("I remember his distinctly saying something like "Oh, it's Roman"). Then everything went back to normal. The whole ordeal lasted maybe 30 seconds. The real issue was just the confusion it caused. And understandably so, as the band was probably on a tight schedule and was in the midst of playing what is arguable the most important show of their career, the most difficult show of their career and the largest audience they've ever played to as headliners. Pretty pressure filled situation.
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#42 daniel

daniel

BASED MOD

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Music and sitch.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

ah, i stand corrected.
also, i didn't know they had a curfew. weird.

We'll talk about how we'll change but we will never follow through.
Posted Image

#43 Socks the II

Socks the II

Dust Me Off and Carry Me Home

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Interests:a lot of stuff oh god

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Ahh, gotcha.
I play World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Diablo III! Add my Battletag: Meowmeowmeow#1105
Judge me according to what I listen to!
last.fm username: TuneSock

#44 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

View Postdaniel, on 20 December 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

also, i didn't know they had a curfew. weird.

The vast majority of major venues do. I think it's a usually a union thing. It's a way to make sure roadies and crew and stuff don't end up working crazy/late hours or whatever. (I don't claim to fully understand how it works, but I think that's the gist of it).
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#45 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Sometimes it is due to noise at a late time depending on where the venue is. I know a couple of venues cannot play past 11pm on a weeknight due to residential areas near by

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#46 daniel

daniel

BASED MOD

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Music and sitch.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

View Postdaniel, on 20 December 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Posted Image
i was bored, made this. posted in gif thread, posting here, now.
oh, and this in case(y) anyone missed tara.
Spoiler

We'll talk about how we'll change but we will never follow through.
Posted Image

#47 George Costanza

George Costanza

future NBA #1 overall draft pick

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Seems like Casey can't play a show without the crowd ruining it somehow, lately (accidentally or not)
please be nice

#48 Socks the II

Socks the II

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

View Postgabriele, on 21 December 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

Seems like Casey can't play a show without the crowd ruining it somehow, lately (accidentally or not)

It seems that way; I've told a few people on here about this, but when I went to see em in Feb w/ Anthony Greene, Greene had to come out and literally tell the crowd to shut the fuck up and listen. Don't know why some people are so rude to those that actually want to see the band they came out to see.
I play World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Diablo III! Add my Battletag: Meowmeowmeow#1105

#49 popnfresh

popnfresh

We're Dropping Off Like Guns And Flies

• Regulars
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Nothing. Stuff.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

At a show I went to, Casey was trying to thank everyone and this drunk chick kept yelling "play something" and then other people saying "play something from BLUE!"
Everybody got a resounding "go fuck yourself" from me.
Pull yourself out of the gutter
Motherfucker
When you're bleeding
And it feels just like your bleeding

#50 Socks the II

Socks the II

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

View Postpopnfresh, on 21 December 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

At a show I went to, Casey was trying to thank everyone and this drunk chick kept yelling "play something" and then other people saying "play something from BLUE!"
Everybody got a resounding "go fuck yourself" from me.

Ugh, that sickens me.

#51 Jank

Jank

The One Who Janks

• Regulars
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 20 December 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Eh... not exactly. During one of the green songs (I forget which one), Tara told a few of us LatR members that one of the guys in our group (Roman - does he have a LatR username?) wanted to propose to his girlfriend (Peachy Squid), and we should try to get Casey's attention and stop the show for a second so that he could do it. So at the right time, a bunch of people at various places in the crowd all stood up at the same time and were yelling things like "STOP PLAYING" or "HOLD ON" or whatever. But of course, since Casey didn't previously know about this, he got kind of confused. Being that the band had a curfew, Casey said something along the lines of "Well we could take a break, but it would kinda suck if we hit the curfew and had to stop before playing the White EP". (THIS is what people boo-ed... not the proposal. And it wasn't really a "boo"... it was sort of a NO WE DON'T WANT YOU TO STOP BEFORE PLAYING WHITE" type of reaction). That's around when Antone got up to explain the situation to Rob, and around the same time I think Casey noticed Roman proposing in the balcony ("I remember his distinctly saying something like "Oh, it's Roman"). Then everything went back to normal. The whole ordeal lasted maybe 30 seconds. The real issue was just the confusion it caused. And understandably so, as the band was probably on a tight schedule and was in the midst of playing what is arguable the most important show of their career, the most difficult show of their career and the largest audience they've ever played to as headliners. Pretty pressure filled situation.

Alright, that makes more sense then. From the back row, we couldn't really hear what you guys were yelling to Casey, and he looked just as confused as we all were. The people I was sitting by seemed to think everyone was booing at the proposal for whatever reason... But I definitely heard some fuck you's, which was kinda pathetic.

Edited by Janky, 21 December 2012 - 01:42 PM.

Posted Image

#52 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

View Postgabriele, on 21 December 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I think describing the TCS show incident as "ruining the show" is a bit extreme. It was more like 30 seconds of minor confusion during a 2 and half hour show. And tbh I still think it was a pretty damn cool moment. I mean, to have two people who are big enough fans that they're happy to get engaged in front of 500+ people at one of your concerts? I'd take that as a pretty big complement myself.

Also, when I saw casey open for Andy Hull, the crowd was pretty awesome. There were more fans of Casey there than there were of Andy Hull. And you could tell that Casey was visibly moved by the positive reaction he got.

#53 Socks the II

Socks the II

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Rhetorical, but. To those that got to witness such awesome: was it everything you ever wanted, ever?!

Edited by Socks, 22 December 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#54 Silver

Silver

Don't lose sleep over little old me

• Silver's Nichols and Dyms
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Creating, Laughing, Sleeping, Dreaming.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 20 December 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

View PostKari, on 20 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Yes, and what did you, Antone, The Critic, Silver, and myself do? Nothing. We sat like statues watching up-close the confusion spread across Casey's brow.

Actually... Antone walked up to the stage and explained to Rob what was going on. Not sure if Rob actually told Casey or if Casey just figured it out on his own.

View Postdaniel, on 20 December 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

I asked janky, and this is what he told me.
Before they started playing the Green Ep, some guy proposed to his girlfriend and everyone started booing and shit.
and casey got a bit upset about it?
probably more to it, that's all i remember him saying.
feel free to correct me if this is wrong.

Well, it was definitely more than 30 seconds. Closer to a minute and a half, which is why everyone was getting to frustrated. The problem was that for a good 45 seconds Casey had literally no idea what was happening because everyone was shouting (Including people who had no idea what was going on, and just wanted to shout "I LOVE YOU CASEY!!!"). At one point someone shouted Lake and the River! and he was like "Okay, yes, you guys are awesome. Can we continue?" When he finally did pick up on what had happened he started saying "Okay. Do it. DO IT. Please, just do it." and someone shouted down that it had already happened during all the confusion. Either way, not the best thing to have happen. I was pretty embarrassed for Lake and the River.

#55 Jank

Jank

The One Who Janks

• Regulars
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

POPULAR

View PostSilver, on 22 December 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

I was pretty embarrassed for Lake and the River.

Yeah, screw those guys.
Posted Image

#56 Socks the II

Socks the II

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostJanky, on 22 December 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostSilver, on 22 December 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

I was pretty embarrassed for Lake and the River.

Yeah, screw those guys.

Ugh latr

#57 Old Henry

Old Henry

Triple Handsome Squidward

• Stretts' Bitches & Tits
  • 1,856 posts
  • Interests:D&D, Playing music, FLCL, Skateboarding

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

God... Speaking of embarassment.

The last time I saw TDH, which was a year ago, they were playing with Manchester.

My friend decided it would be a good idea to yell, "I want to fuck you, Casey!" during the shift between one of the songs.

I facepalmed. So. Fucking. Hard. :suicide:

People may look up to these bands because of their music, but that gives them no reason to act retarded around them.

That only weirds the bands out out. They're people, and yelling you want to fuck them when they're on stage is just gay.

Posted Image

#58 Dave.

Dave.

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 21 December 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Also, when I saw casey open for Andy Hull, the crowd was pretty awesome. There were more fans of Casey there than there were of Andy Hull. And you could tell that Casey was visibly moved by the positive reaction he got.

Definitely. I was at the same show and I can vouch for this. Before his last song I'm pretty sure he said something along the lines of "After a crowd like you guys I feel like I can go into the studio and write a million records"

I really love Andy Hull but after the show Casey put on, Andy's performance really mellowed the crowd down. He was playing a lot of slow deary songs and kept telling the audience to be quiet.
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#59 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,537 posts
  • Interests:Music, Video Games, Reading, Friends, Talking, Etc Etc

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Is this thread turned into Bad Dear Hunter Concert (crowd) experiences? Cause if thats the case, I have some stories.
Sing Softly, Sing me to The Lake...
Sing Softly, Bring me to The Lake...

#60 Jank

Jank

The One Who Janks

• Regulars
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Do tell.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic