5 replies to this topic

#1 JayEdge25

JayEdge25

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

This is definitely one of my favorite pieces on TCS. I am interested to hear your interpretation(s) of it.

#2 Antone

Antone

An Expensive Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

No one seems to be talking about this with you, so I'll bite. It's one of my favorite songs Casey's ever written. The lyrics in the second chorus "Waiting for my soul to stir, and wake, rejoice and come alive again" just really hit me for some reason I can't explain. I think everyone can relate to this song at one time or another in their life, loosing yourself and trying to find your way back. It's such a beautiful song.
Posted Image

#3 sextonhardcastle

sextonhardcastle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

IMHO, the best song on the entire spectrum.

#4 JayEdge25

JayEdge25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostAntone, on 13 July 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

No one seems to be talking about this with you, so I'll bite. It's one of my favorite songs Casey's ever written. The lyrics in the second chorus "Waiting for my soul to stir, and wake, rejoice and come alive again" just really hit me for some reason I can't explain. I think everyone can relate to this song at one time or another in their life, loosing yourself and trying to find your way back. It's such a beautiful song.

Antone,
Totally agree with you. For me it's the opening lyrics that really hit me "Somewhere I was lost. Off but not all gone." Something about this piece just speaks to me more than I can explain. So much so that the line I just wrote will be a tattoo soon.

#5 uvtbass

uvtbass

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Music, music, and music.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

I just listened to the whole TCS, and Lost But Not All Gone is such a perfect ending to this masterpiece! I'm now trying to remember where Casey wrote about the experience working with his mother and finding the incredible musical moment. It's just surreally beautiful!

#6 uvtbass

uvtbass

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Music, music, and music.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

OK, I found the quote I was looking for. Casey writes some wonderful notes in the booklet that accompanies the TCS Complete Collection (CDs). In his White essay, Casey writes about how he and his mother worked on the chorus:

..."we tracked 10-14 takes of her improvising across her range, without listening to the previous tracks. The result is an impromptu choir with some of the most beautiful motion, melody, and harmony I have ever heard. With the completion of that song, the White EP, and the entire Color Spectrum, was finished."

Sublime!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users