• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Logs

Logs

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:29 AM

It's breathtaking, even after so many listens.

This song makes me experience the weirdest nostalgia effect. It's like, I'm already picturing myself in the future listening to this song, missing where I am right now, listening to this. This song just makes me feel like life is so good right now and I don't want it to ever be different than where it is right now, in this exact moment, in this very minor shred of my existence.

As a public note to myself, I should arrive at this song whenever I forget all the wonderful things I'm given and should be grateful for.

As you can tell, this song sparks more emotions in me than any song I've ever heard.
Casey, wherever you are, I'm going to thank you in person if it's the last thing I do.

Now to debate whether I should click the 'Post New Topic' button..
/e: I did it.
Posted Image
Made in celebration of TCS :P

#2 Filth and Squalor

Filth and Squalor

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Music, Women, Smoking, Astronomy/Astrophysics, Energy Drinks and Guitar

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:22 AM

View PostLogs, on 01 July 2011 - 01:29 AM, said:

It's breathtaking, even after so many listens.

This song makes me experience the weirdest nostalgia effect. It's like, I'm already picturing myself in the future listening to this song, missing where I am right now, listening to this. This song just makes me feel like life is so good right now and I don't want it to ever be different than where it is right now, in this exact moment, in this very minor shred of my existence.

As a public note to myself, I should arrive at this song whenever I forget all the wonderful things I'm given and should be grateful for.

As you can tell, this song sparks more emotions in me than any song I've ever heard.
Casey, wherever you are, I'm going to thank you in person if it's the last thing I do.

Now to debate whether I should click the 'Post New Topic' button..
/e: I did it.

I definitely know what you mean. Home strikes me in a different way. I interpret it as someone talking to someone who's basically on their death bed to run away from the light in a sense and it really hit me when I first heard it because I know the feeling (I'm sure pretty much everyone does) of telling someone to hold on. Casey writes beautiful lyrics and music.
LOLFACEBOOK
With A Rich, Robust Taste.

#3 Dave.

Dave.

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

I just think this is the most beautiful and melodically perfect song on the album. I love this song, and always get chills about 3/4 of the way through
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#4 Ben Here

Ben Here

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Music, teaching, cooking, travel

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

A whole lot of science facting in this topic. :thumbup:

#5 Quadrochosis

Quadrochosis

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

Yea Home (as well as all of White) is really, truly a beautiful and emotional piece of work. I get teary eyed every time.

#6 JohnnyLegend

JohnnyLegend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

Definitely one of my favourite songs. The intricate simplicity of this song is beautiful. Lyrics, music and all the little details that just reach into your heart. I got that feeling that whether on your death bed or experiencing terrible pain/loss in your life, there's people here that love and care for you and want you to live with joy. I also get that vibe that there are people on the 'other side' who want you to keep moving forward so that one day they'll be reunited.

Just a great feeling

#7 kelso

kelso

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Kicking ass and hanging out

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:07 AM

This is maybe...one of...my favorite live songs they are playing currently.
Deep beneath the black dawn, leagues from lightning's flash...Ribs will raise cathedrals for the morning mass. Steel yourself in sackcloth, roll your heart in ash. Scrape your skin with steel wool and hold fast hope. Cross your heart and hold fast hope.

#8 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:25 AM

it's very Red Hands Sing-a-long-able

#9 Tara Lynn

Tara Lynn

Illuminate and I Will Follow You

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

i listened tonight from blue to white. after AA mtg.
steady stream of tears during indigo.
but at the song 'home' i start crying. so hard and heaving i had to pull over on the side of the road.

i love the dear hunter.

#10 Dave.

Dave.

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

found a really decent cover of Home that i thought you guys would like

You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#11 Cal

Cal

i can't control my niggaz, and my niggaz can't control m

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:crying and listening to bthats

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

Probably my favorite White EP song, if not Colors song. Lillian is the only song that might steal that title, but really all of the songs from TCS are so good.

#12 fyrefly

fyrefly

The Pimp

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Is it true that the lyrics are based on the TV series "Lost"? Either way, it's still a beautiful song.
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a mad man in possession of a blue box must be in want of a companion"

#13 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postfyrefly, on 03 July 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Is it true that the lyrics are based on the TV series "Lost"? Either way, it's still a beautiful song.

Just the first few lines of Home afaik.
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#14 sextonhardcastle

sextonhardcastle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Words that hit home: "This life is just a game we play that we can never win, so don't give up."

As a video game nerd, how can that one not strike a chord lol? It's so accurate if you think about it. Even if you get the dream job and the dream house etc etc, you're just moving around until death comes and then it's game over. Not 'congratulations, you win!' Just game over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users