#61 Eric

Eric

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:Games, music....what else?

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

Oh man i know what you mean. I usually wait a while to listen to it on vinyl, because when i DO listen to it, i completely disconnect myself with everything for a good 3 or so hours. When i listen to it though, it makes me realize how inferior listening to them on anything else is.

"Stick around. Im full of bad ideas"

#62 search

search

The Man

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff and stuff...yeah.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

This may seem really dumb but the other day I was listening to TDH and noticed the lyric "this body's not a temple it's a prison YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHH (can't miss the yeahs)" and I couldn't help but be reminded of TREOS' Planning a Prison Break's chorus "this is the last night in my body so assist in the escape". Casey really likes comparing bodies to prisons, doesn't he?

#63 Eric

Eric

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:Games, music....what else?

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

I recently started noticing this too, theres even lyrics from TCS that are similar to or the same as in some of the Acts, its wierd.
Theres also massive amount of repeated rythims, lyrics and such on the acts also, but thats supposed to be like that.

"Stick around. Im full of bad ideas"

#64 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

...it is the same person having a role in all of that music

#65 onetofollow

onetofollow

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

Scott, on 27 August 2011 - 08:14 AM, said:

...it is the same person having a role in all of that music

kind of what i was thinking

:lol:

#66 TheStyxCrossing

TheStyxCrossing

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

I really do love every color, but Black is just a step above the rest for me. The rhythms are just too ridiculous and awesome. The first piece of music I heard from the color spectrum was from a webisode they released a while ago. The first webisode I listened to was the black one. It was only about 30 seconds I think, but it showed all the guys gathered around computers and mixers and stuff, and in the background you can hear the drumroll and the giant bass explosion thing. And I was just like, "Man, whatever that is, it sounds pretty epic." And then it actually jumps into the drums from the intro proper and, guys, I'd be lying if I said I didn't poop my pants a little. I had no idea what song it was, I saw them live and they didn't play it, and it wasn't on the sampler. When I finally figured out it was the opener to the whole collection and eventually heard it, it was so much better than I even expected it to be.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

#67 greek1191

greek1191

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Guitar/Singing, Basketball, Hiking

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Any thoughts on the Never Forgive Never Forget video? I think it's epic, though I don't really see the connection to the song. I've never been very good with that haha

http://www.spinner.c...video-premiere/

We fall beneath the sea in the back of our hearts, and fail to breathe until we resurface again.

Posted Image

#68 George Costanza

George Costanza

future NBA #1 overall draft pick

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

I enjoyed this

"Never Forgive Never Forget" from their upcoming album IV

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHAHAH if you look under pizza's picture you can read The Deer Hunter
please be nice

#69 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

This video is weird for a couple of reasons.

1 - I saw this like 2 months ago. Seems like maybe it leaked a while back? I can't be the only one who saw this back in April, can I?

2 - It looks like pizza didn't even know this existed until he heard about it on twitter. I guess they made the video without any input from him at all?
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#70 Old Henry

Old Henry

Triple Handsome Squidward

• Stretts' Bitches & Tits
  • 1,856 posts
  • Interests:D&D, Playing music, FLCL, Skateboarding

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

I thought the video had a very desperado type feel to it.

I hadn't heard of it up until this point, but I just watched it a few minutes ago and was entertained.

If pizza didn't have some creative control over the video, or at least know about it, then that's strange.

I'd imagine he would have at least known about it considering this is his project.

But then again, some fans probably just made it..

I don't know. It was just pretty cool.

Posted Image

#71 Antone

Antone

An Expensive Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

Yeah, if you read the blurb before the video on that link above to spinner, it seems a bit confusing. It starts off saying that Never Forgive, Never Forget is off TDH's upcoming album IV- I'm fairly certain that's incorrect. Then, it goes on to talk about how the band saw the footage while rehearsing and was blown away. Then, they contacted the production company for the video and put it out for people to see. The video is done well and looks cool, but I'm not sure how it ties in to the song.
Posted Image

#72 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Henry, on 23 May 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

I hadn't heard of it up until this point, but I just watched it a few minutes ago and was entertained.

If pizza didn't have some creative control over the video, or at least know about it, then that's strange.

I'd imagine he would have at least known about it considering this is his project.

Hmm... for some reason I thought I got the link to this video from you on Facebook like two months ago. I guess it was somebody else. Damn my memory (or lack thereof).
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#73 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Antone, on 23 May 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Yeah, if you read the blurb before the video on that link above to spinner, it seems a bit confusing. It starts off saying that Never Forgive, Never Forget is off TDH's upcoming album IV- I'm fairly certain that's incorrect.

Psh, what would you know?

They already corrected it. I thought it was well done. I especially loved that shot where he trips in the beginning & the dust flies everywhere. I'll accept any extra device to get the music out there.

#74 Old Henry

Old Henry

Triple Handsome Squidward

• Stretts' Bitches & Tits
  • 1,856 posts
  • Interests:D&D, Playing music, FLCL, Skateboarding

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

ZeppelinDT, on 23 May 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Henry, on 23 May 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

Hmm... for some reason I thought I got the link to this video from you on Facebook like two months ago. I guess it was somebody else. Damn my memory (or lack thereof).

Unless my memory has been stunted by my medicinal practices, I don't think I did, man. :Sheep:

Posted Image

#75 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

^^^ I did some more research. Turns out it was Mike (papertigers). No idea why I though it was you. Maybe I've been stunted by my own medicinal practices.

#76 Jank

Jank

The One Who Janks

• Regulars
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

I found this on youtube a while back searching for TDH covers... I thought it was just some fan video. I mean, it's kinda cool, but I doubt the band had anything to do with the making of it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users