Ah, good point. Thanks.

#42 TheSqueakyWheel

TheSqueakyWheel

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

So far my top three songs are: The Most Cursed of Hands - Who Am I, The Haves Have Naught, and The March. Those are the three I keep pinging between when I want to sing along and not just take the whole album as a whole.

Question: Does anyone else think it's just one giant cycle (insert "time is a flat circle" comment here)? At the end of this album, Hunter has a son, there's a fire, he has a rebirth where all his debts are paid (so he could disappear leaving his son behind), the Usher could take over as the Pimp and The Priest and the cycle starts again.

#43 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

I love the idea of the story being cyclical, but I guess we'll have to get all the facts before we know for sure.
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#44 whatwasyourname

whatwasyourname

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:meteorology, YuGiOh, drumming, forgetfulness

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:30 PM

I mean...there's a Lake South reference.

Irrelevant to the idea of a cycle, does anyone remember what the postcard that came out months ago said? I feel like no one has looked at that to figure out what's happened.

#45 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:20 PM

so uh

Has anyone listened to the Matchstick Demos? Because I can't play any of the files on my CD and they all say that they were last modified on December 31st of 1994

Edit: After opening and closing my disk tray like five times it works. No clue what happened there.

Edited by Captain, 23 September 2016 - 05:31 PM.

I will not be a parasite.

#46 crimsonghost37

crimsonghost37

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:56 PM

Could Mr Usher also be the Pimp and the Priest? I get the feeling of this because his introduction is so bombastic. I'm picturing before The Boy is about to reveal that P&tP are the same person; he does it for him. He takes off his mask and is like "Look at me! I have been selling you sex and redemption over and over again!" And the citizens are so brainwashed, they don't care and follow him anyway. Thus resulting in the town chasing after The Boy in "The March" after he sets the church on fire.

Also, does anyone hear the reprise of the first few beats of "The Lake and the River" / "Waves" at the beginning of "Who Am I?"

#47 Steve

Steve

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

View Postcrimsonghost37, on 29 September 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

Could Mr Usher also be the Pimp and the Priest?

Casey clarified in the livestream the Mr. Usher is a new character who has come to "usher" in the end.

#48 Sigafoos

Sigafoos

SIGGITYFIGGITYFIGGITYFOOS

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • Interests:fnord

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:36 AM

View Postwhatwasyourname, on 23 September 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

I mean...there's a Lake South reference.

Irrelevant to the idea of a cycle, does anyone remember what the postcard that came out months ago said? I feel like no one has looked at that to figure out what's happened.

I looked at it recently. I don't remember the exact words but it was vaguely about how people need to be more holy, look up, fix their town. I think that's what the audio was too.

I hope to set an example. You know, for children and stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users