Delving deeper*wink*

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Prophet

Prophet

n00b or lurker?

• Validating
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, cats, coffee, kittens, kitties...

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

In 2012 I heard "Look Away" and never did, in fact, look away. Instant love. And now I'm going to see them live in June, which pushed me to really read the lyrics and the story they tell. Not sure if I've ever been a huge fan of Casey's fixation on prostitutes, but it's undeniably interesting. (The story, I mean, not his fixation on working ladies. But that is interesting itself - I do wonder why he chose such themes and characters.)

Fun fact: I used to think the band's name was implying that they hunted cute young humans. Dear hunter... But then I realized I'm a moron and the band members were not (likely) vampires, nor cannibals. You'd think beards would be a hindrance for vampires, honestly.

Another fun fact: I'm seeing them in the same venue that, in 2012 after a Marianas Trench concert, almost killed me. Yes, legitimate near-death, and it was only my first concert. They stuck me with quite a hospital bill, but the incident had its benefits - the band sent me goodies in the mail! And all I had to do was lie moribund on the street. Nice.

A third fun fact: Hi.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users