No replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:53 AM

"Mr. Malum's got a secret he keeps when giving speeches. Just a whispering precision that cuts through hesitation with a sharp and able wit to keep the dogs at bay."
Throughout the story Mr Usher has had his hand on everything keeping it from unraveling until Act V.

"When the truth arrives you won't believe your eyes."
Yup.

"With the world in the grip of his hands he'll crush the air out of its lungs... his hold has turned so tight."
The puppet master orchestrating the end.

"The last thing we will see is Mr. Malum... You had your chance, but you turned away again. You turned your eyes away again."

The last new character we see. Hunter had so many chances to but in the end he kept a blind eye to the consequences of his actions until it was too late.

I mean pretty much the whole song could point toward Mr. Malum being Mr. Usher but these are just a few specifics. I know there is no canonical reference to the Colors being part of the story but I kind of feel like The Acts being Casey's life work that a little bit of it spills into everything he's done. For example, I consider the Between The Heart And The Synapse album a prequel to The Dear Hunter story, an unrelated story about Hunter's father and his take on Ms. Terri.

Just some thoughts from someone who's been obsessed with Casey since 2005. Discuss?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users