#1 Shawn

Shawn

The Priest

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:I Love Lamp

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

I like to preface all my topics with a short story; So I'm getting a new tattoo in a couple of months and I started playing with the idea of getting lyrics as a tattoo. I've never been big on quotes or lyrics being permanently put into my skin but there are a few quotes I would consider. SO i was wondering what you would get inked quote/ lyric wise? or more specifically what TDH lyric would you get?

Personally Im getting Cogito ergo sum ( I think therefore I am) sometime in the near future.

#2 Socks the II

Socks the II

Dust Me Off and Carry Me Home

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Interests:a lot of stuff oh god

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

"..and there's no greater love.", probably across the chest. Refers not only to the biblical origin but also Thrice's "For Miles". That quote means a lot to me.
I play World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Diablo III! Add my Battletag: Meowmeowmeow#1105
Judge me according to what I listen to!
last.fm username: TuneSock

#3 spartian995

spartian995

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

In a Bayside song, it say's "Stand for something, because something is overdue" so for a while I thought it'd be cool to get "Stand for something" on the back of one leg and "Because somethings overdue" on the other leg..then I realized it was sort of cheesy haha. As far as TDH quotes, while I love them, I'm unsure if I'd get a tattoo relating to them. If I did I'd probably get something from His Hands Matched His Tongue, one of my favorite songs.

#4 johnnybee4e

johnnybee4e

Evil Shenanigans!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

I would get "Stuck" on my ankle and "Caught" on the back of my knee. Especially the knee tat because i fucked my knee up at 17, and now at 23 i feel like i have the knee of an 85 year old man.

#5 kyla

kyla

This rant brought to you by the good folks at BRAWNDO

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:Well, the game is pretty straightforward. You can choose to spin or you can choose to choose. If you choose to spin, you can land on spin, or choice, or lose a spin, or lose a choice, or free spin, or free choice, or spin again.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

I wouldn't.

#6 Antone

Antone

An Expensive Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

I absolutely love the lyrics from Lost But Not All Gone "waiting for my soul to stir, and wake, rejoice, and come alive again". When I first heard those lyrics I cried and I wasn't quite sure why. They've always moved me in a way that's hard for me to describe. I've been thinking about getting those tattooed around the tree on my left arm for a while.
Posted Image

#7 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

A friend from high school got "Maybe music isn't dead" tattooed on his wrist a la Alexisonfire's Get Fighted. He was a music major and is now a music teacher.

#8 Alyson

Alyson

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Reading, horror movies, wrasslin', cats, Guy Fieri

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

I have lyrics from my favorite German-language musical, Elisabeth, tattooed on my right forearm. The line means "And if I want the stars, I'll find my own way to them." The 19th-century empress Elisabeth is my favorite historical figure, and a lot of her life and struggles really resonate with me, to the point where I collect books on her and my ultimate pipe dream, if I had the money, would be to move to Austria and study her life.

As far as TDH lyrics to, I'm not sure. A lot of the lyrics I like to sing along with the most aren't really things I'd want tattooed on my body (see: all of "He Said He Had A Story").

Also tagged with ink, tattoo, lyrics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users