#161 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

View Postkyla, on 09 May 2010 - 10:15 AM, said:

sound guy didn't know what the hell he was doing, i thought. my other gripe is that there were way too many songs from the second album. i was above the crowd and could see the energy level drop noticeably when they played those. i think i saw you scott (were you wearing a white hat?) and maybe with tim? near the front. wanted to say haaay but lost sight of y'all when the exodus began. i did see dan though. we should have coordinated a drink afterwards. oh well.

no white hat for me. I stayed in the balcony for the final few bands I was so wiped out I just wanted to take it all in in peace. I had had my share of energetic reactions at the providence show the night before. Good meeting Kim and Tim

did anybody else here catch the Bad Rabbits set? Those guys put on a great show. It was even better than seeing them down here in Jacksonville.

#162 sao

sao

Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

I agree that the sound guy was an idiot.

I saw Bad Rabbits. I had never heard of them before and they absolutely blew me away.
Every member of that band, but especially the bassist, is quite talented.
The singer had a frenetic energy only singers ever have, and it really made the show for me.
Definitely buying their CD.

#163 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

their EP will not disappoint...well everything they played live was off their EP

#164 DcS

DcS

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Computers, Video Games, Sports

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:06 AM

View Postsao, on 10 May 2010 - 10:21 AM, said:

I was one of the kids you met. I was the tall kid with a black shirt that had a snake over the shoulder.

Ahh yeah. I lost you guys during Vanna, for obvious reasons.

Bad Rabbits was awesome. I was standing up on the balcony talking to Greg from Moving Mountains when they came on. Blew me away. Him too, I think. If you didn't watch Moving Mountains you missed out. 3rd time I've seen them.. Absolutely unreal live, even without their normal light show.

#165 KIMTR@N

KIMTR@N

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

I didn't get to catch movmou at skatefest, but the absence of their light show is so disappointing. They haven't done it for the last 3 times I've seen them

#166 sao

sao

Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:58 AM

That was the 9th time I had seen moving mountains.
The absence of a light show was upsetting, but even playing on a tiny stage at a huge festival they had their amazing energy as always.

I couldn't really pick parts out of their new song, seeing as I was basically hanging over the front of the stage and monitors, but the fact that they were confident enough to play one is great; maybe we'll hear recorded material soon.

What else was good that everyone saw? I really only paid attention to Bad Rabbits, movmou, TDH and TREoS.
Vanna was absolute shite.

#167 Dave.

Dave.

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

Vanna was shit, which was disappointing for me because I had never heard them before and they were going on right before TREOS. So I had high expectations.
Let's see... the very last song that All The Day Holiday did blew me away, tons of energy and I totally felt it. Their drummer was impressively good.

Envy on the Coast was great, very sick show. They had some high quality clarity.

Versaemerge, tough to say. There were things I liked and didn't like about their performance. My main gripe is that sometimes her voice would shrill and pierce through my ears, even all the way back at the bar. Second gripe is they used too many samples I thought. But, overall, I was surprised that they weren't half bad. Her voice sounded good and the band as a whole sounded pretty decent.

Okay, here. I remember now. There was this band called Stay on the small stage upstairs that played. I absolutely loved them. The vocalist was great and sang really well with a lot of energy and the band kicked ass. I'll have to go check out more of their stuff, I really liked them.

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK was with the 2 guys in the dresses and the dj. That shit was so fucking embarrassing. I didn't think they were funny at all. That was just stupid shit.
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#168 DcS

DcS

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:13 PM

ATDH are pretty awesome. I looked them up when they were announced so I knew some of the songs going in.. they have a good live show.

Recover was the most underrated set of the entire thing.. love me some Recover but nobody knew them. They probably should have expected that and changed up the order some.

#169 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

Recover blew IMO. I was also just ready to see Treos by that time and go to sleep so that didn't help their cause

#170 DcS

DcS

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

Yeah.. they should have played earlier in the day when people were still interested in hearing bands they had never heard of.

#171 Dave.

Dave.

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:22 AM

View PostScott, on 11 May 2010 - 03:56 PM, said:

Recover blew IMO. I was also just ready to see Treos by that time and go to sleep so that didn't help their cause

I felt this a lot toward the end before TREOS. Especially during Vanna.
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#172 KIMTR@N

KIMTR@N

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:53 AM

I always just tune terrible bands out and just focus on watching them thrash around stage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users