- - - - -

*spoilers* Game of Thrones *spoilers*The TV show, not the books. Please, no book spoilers.

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#101 Jorss

Jorss

Hurr Durr

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

ahh okay, I could have known that. Might have even used it in the past? Thnx anyway haha :P

Posted Image

#102 DerekAdams32

DerekAdams32

Oh, What A Terrible, Terrible Game He Plays!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Scary Movies, Strategy Games

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:17 AM

One of the best GoT episodes ever last night.

We got to see Daenerys have dialog with Tyrion -- that's been building for the entire season so far. Yay!
We got to see Theon/Reek admit to Sansa that her brothers are fine.
We got to see Cersei struggle in the dungeon - so satisfiying.
We got to see Arya begin her real training with the man.
And above all, we got to see John Snow kick some epic ass with his valyrian steel sword!
Posted Image

#103 Jorss

Jorss

Hurr Durr

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

I agree. Last episode was one of the best episodes in a long time. Best episode of all of season 4 and 5.

Posted Image

#104 Antone

Antone

An Expensive Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, episode 8 was fucking awesome. When Jon Snow blocked that White Walker attack and they both looked surprised, and then Jon turned him into ice cubes!!! Total badassery. And then this week and fucking DROGON!!
Posted Image

#105 Antone

Antone

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

GODDAMN IT WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL JON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This fucking show just keeps tearing my heart out. I couldn't sleep last night after watching that episode. He better warg into Ghost and still be alive or some shit, cause I'm pissed off now.
Posted Image

#106 DerekAdams32

DerekAdams32

Oh, What A Terrible, Terrible Game He Plays!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Scary Movies, Strategy Games

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:31 AM

You should just be happy that you got to watch it without being spoiled. It's basically an internet Meme these days to say "Jon Snow Dies" on pretty much every comment thread on every picture/video/post/etc.

I wasn't too surprised about Jon. I was upset we didn't get to see anything about Bran. I thought Bran would be the final scene as a bit of a teaser of what's to come for him.

I am excited to see where the Arya story is going. Did she lose her sight? Is she gaining more abilities somehow? Surely she's not just going to be blind and worthless now.

Daenerys is one of the story lines left hanging. We got some awesome dragon scenes finally, but who the hell were the people on the horses? They reminded me of Khal Drogo.

And the ultimate walk-of-shame is surely going to result in a mass extinction of everything "sparrow".
Posted Image

#107 Antone

Antone

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:26 AM

Sorry you got spoiled on Jon Snow. I watched it after the Finals game yesterday night and stayed up late just cause I knew something would get ruined for me if I didn't. If Jon is dead and doesn't somehow get to come back via warging or Melissandre I'm gonna be pissed. Lots of fan theories are gonna be shot to shit too. This show keeps taking my feelings and shitting all over them.

I knew we wouldn't get anything about Bran, he wasn't listed at all in the cast this year and they haven't shot anything for next year yet.

Arya certainly looks like she's blind, I knew Jaqen was gonna be pissed off. That was fucking awesome how she killed that little bitch Meryn Trant. I don't think she'll stay blind, but who knows.

Dani is left super in the air, same with Sansa. Those guys on horses definitely looked like Dothraki to me. Question is will they help or harm Dani? They always said the Dothraki only respect power and now she seems to have power so maybe she will be able to add them to her army.

Did Stannis die? It sure looked like it, but we didn't see it.

I fucking hate Cersei, but that walk of shame was pretty brutal. The Frankenstein Mountain is gonna wreck some shit next year and I can't wait to see it!!!!

I wanna cry cause we aren't gonna see any more episodes for like 10 months now.
Posted Image

#108 robholding

robholding

Heart Throb Holding

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:33 PM

Yeah, I pretty much force myself into internet exile until I can download it. I gathered that something shit happens because I saw some mention to people hating Olly, but that was the only spoiler really.

Holy fuck, that episode.

#109 Mickey

Mickey

Son, Don't Be Afraid To Call On Those Who Love You Most.

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Interests:The Dear Hunter, video games and vinyl.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

I watched the Game of Thrones: Inside the Episode thing and the writers said they were the Dothraki.

In my opinion this was probably the worst season of GoT so far, but it was still entertaining. This season just got so messy and it seemed a lot of the events that happened were just to get reactions from people. It just wasn't as well put together like seasons 1-3. Too many things happening all at once, so there is little time to develop these plot lines and they get rushed since they only get several minutes to finish them. I'm still going to continue to watch since it is still an entertaining series.

#110 Antone

Antone

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

I really don't think it's the show's fault for not developing plot lines enough, I just think they don't have the time. The novels have as much room as Martin wants to cover whatever he wants. This show is so big and expensive and all they are gonna get is 10, hour long episodes each year. I wish it was just on endlessly and they could cover everything.
Posted Image

#111 Mickey

Mickey

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:37 PM

I feel like they should ditch the 10 episode per season thing. Even adding like 3-5 more episodes would make a huge difference. The show is huge and expensive, but they are making so much money from this that they could afford to make a few more episodes. But oh well. I sure do hope the next season can suck me in as much as the first three did.

At least Dani and Aria are still alive. I also have a feeling that we won't be seeing much of The Wall next season, which would be unfortunate.

#112 Antone

Antone

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

I just don't think time wise, more than anything, is why they can't do more than 10 episodes per year. It took them 180 days of shooting at two different locations, with 2 completely separate groups of people to get this season done. I think people have other things they have to do and it's just not possible because it's such a big show.

I'm curious to know what specifically was it that you didn't like about the last two seasons? Some of the stuff I've heard people complain about is material right out of the books so I don't think it's the shows fault on some of it.
Posted Image

#113 Mickey

Mickey

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:58 PM

Yeah, I suppose a half of a year is along time to film 10 episodes already. Trying to get more in probably wouldn't work if they still wanted to release a season yearly.

It is mostly what I said before about the plot line timing. The first two seasons were great with this and the third slightly less. The forth season started rushing things a lot more. Although the battle for the wall episode was amazing. I am probably being too picky. It is all personal preference. The show is amazing and probably one of the best ever. These last two seasons just didn't appeal to me as much.

I really like the political conflicts in this show. The battles are cool and really well done but I'm not as into that. There was more action and less political stuff due to a lot of it being resolved. I want more Daenerys being queenly and Tommen being kingly.

#114 Shawn

Shawn

The Priest

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:I Love Lamp

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:55 PM

So I'm finally caught up in the show and can safely view this thread, but I thought this season was really well done despite any deviations from the book but more to the point.

Here are some theories

I don't think they killed off Jon for real, the actor said he won't be coming back next season but I can't help but feel there's going to be a big cliff hanger of next season where a healed Jon snow comes to the rescue.
Mainly because I'm still in the denial stage of the grieving process, and without going into book details melisdre the magical red witch with a butt load of random powers is at castle black and it's clear that stannis isn't the azor ahai, Jon had a stare down with the leader of the white walkers and it seemed like Jon came off as a real adversary to the walkers which makes me think that he might be the azor, lastly I have this whole elaborate theory about how the show is going to end and Jon is central to that.
But I'm not going to believe he's dead until the series finale

#115 sizeablescars

sizeablescars

You can't be caught red handed if you have no hands

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:The Dear Hunter

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:55 PM

Melisandre the red lady seemed to show up at a convenient time. Popular theory at the moment is that she's gonna resurrect Jon. Or Jon will warg into his direwolf "Ghost" and by some magic he'll get back into human form latr. This season kinda sucked though although episode 8 might have been my favorite episode yet.

#116 cgarza

cgarza

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:30 AM

I hope that Jon will just chill at one of the abandoned castles on The Wall waiting for the White Walkers and the Night King. Then as the entire Night's Watch is shitting themselves he shows back up and watches the die.

#117 Jorss

Jorss

Hurr Durr

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:36 AM

Episode 8 was the best of this season and 9 and 10 were good too but jfc that Stannis storyline was just complete bullshit I guess.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users