1309 replies to this topic

#1301 dbr

dbr

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:49 PM

How did you access such an awesome collection of beer? I need to taste it.

#1302 popnfresh

popnfresh

We're Dropping Off Like Guns And Flies

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Nothing. Stuff.

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:15 PM

I drank an entire bottle of bourbon and there's something I have to get off my chest:

hey
Pull yourself out of the gutter
Motherfucker
When you're bleeding
And it feels just like your bleeding

#1303 popnfresh

popnfresh

We're Dropping Off Like Guns And Flies

• Regulars
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Nothing. Stuff.

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

View Postpopnfresh, on 07 August 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

I drank an entire bottle of bourbon and there's something I have to get off my chest:

hey
same but with a bottle of rye
Pull yourself out of the gutter
Motherfucker
When you're bleeding
And it feels just like your bleeding

#1304 Shawn

Shawn

The Priest

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:I Love Lamp

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:04 PM

filled a watermelon up with vodka for the first time and it is delightful

#1305 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:56 AM

So I have a serious question.
What makes someone an alcoholic?

I always thought that if you were physically dependent and literally required it to function, you're an alcoholic.

A good good friend of mine says he's an alcoholic because he drinks every day... Like, maybe he doesn't get drunk every day but he drinks.

So I'm curious. If I drink every day (which I do), and I drink a good amount (which I do), but I only get drunk about once a week (which I do)... am I an alcoholic?

Discuss
(goes to get her fourth beer and it's her last beer; holy shit I hope four is enough tonight; the stores stop selling in four minutes)
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#1306 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:23 AM

I personally feel that you were correct in the first bit. I think it's where it gets to a point that your decisions are based around getting alcohol. I often fear that I'm turning into one but I can stop when I want to...so I say.

I'm at a near half a glass of whiskey every night. Boo.

#1307 FrankTheHermit

FrankTheHermit

Lost in my head, hand to my heart

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:35 PM

I think if someone can't go without a drink, then they are an alcoholic. Maybe they aren't getting drunk, but if they feel like they HAVE to have a beer/drink every night then that's a problem still. It's not as serious of a problem as getting wasted every night, but it's still a small problem in my eyes. I had a buddy who rarely ever got drunk, and he had 1 or 2 drinks every night. And he realized he had a problem when he ran out one night and almost had an anxiety attack because the liquor stores were closed by this time. He was drinking in small amounts, but it still became an addictive habit. And when there is an addiction, then there is a problem. I think a good self-test is to just stop drinking. If you can go a few nights without drinking and without thinking about it, then that's great! However, if you crave it so much that you just give in, then it might be a problem.

#1308 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:14 AM

View PostFrankTheHermit, on 26 September 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

I think if someone can't go without a drink, then they are an alcoholic. Maybe they aren't getting drunk, but if they feel like they HAVE to have a beer/drink every night then that's a problem still. It's not as serious of a problem as getting wasted every night, but it's still a small problem in my eyes. I had a buddy who rarely ever got drunk, and he had 1 or 2 drinks every night. And he realized he had a problem when he ran out one night and almost had an anxiety attack because the liquor stores were closed by this time. He was drinking in small amounts, but it still became an addictive habit. And when there is an addiction, then there is a problem. I think a good self-test is to just stop drinking. If you can go a few nights without drinking and without thinking about it, then that's great! However, if you crave it so much that you just give in, then it might be a problem.

I concur
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#1309 Sigafoos

Sigafoos

SIGGITYFIGGITYFIGGITYFOOS

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • Interests:fnord

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:09 PM

Yeah. I think about this a lot, for obvious reasons. I was doing an intake at a therapist and she asked how much my life revolves around alcohol. I said uh, well, I literally have a blog I write once a week about how beer is in my life.

There are times, when I'm particularly stressed or depressed, that I want the feeling of being buzzed/drunk. Oblivion, I call it. When that happens frequently I realize I need to tone it down. When I wind up having four drinks when I only intended on one or two, same thing.

Honestly I've kind of been there a lot recently. Not necessarily getting drunk, but... wanting the effects. Not enough to worry me, but I am monitoring myself.

I hope to set an example. You know, for children and stuff.

#1310 RabbitRan

RabbitRan

Eddie Eddie Eddie

• Artistic Directors
  • 1,378 posts
  • Interests:art

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:34 PM

Last year I started taking an anti-depressant (not an SRI) that has the side-effect of a) making any drink I have much more potent and drunkening and B) making the next couple of days afterwards feel like an extended horrible hangover.
So needless to say, I stopped drinking entirely when I went on it, and honestly I feel much better for it. I've been faaaar more productive. I feel like I became a lot less social, though, and I tend to avoid going out or going to parties because the social anxiety makes me want to cope somehow (which drinking used to ease). Oh well.

edit: i'm leaving the sunglasses face for posterity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users