#441 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:51 AM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 14 October 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

Totally lawyer'ed the IRS. Back in March they sent me a notice telling me that I made a mistake in my 2012 tax forms when I claimed a student credit that I wasn't eligible for because my school failed to provide them with the necessary information. They said I owed them $2,500. Looked up the tax rule and wrote a letter to them explaining why I was right and why they were wrong... got another letter a few months later where they said "no really... we totally still think we're right. Just give us $2,500... you can keep arguing but then you'll have to pay some more interest too" ... so I was like "fuck that" and wrote them ANOTHER letter with a whole bunch of pages of documents from my school that said exactly the same things that my school already told them back in 2012... but this time I highlighted and circled the relevant stuff and made notes for their apparently ridiculously incompetent little brains. Just got another letter today, but this time they said "Ok, ok, we give up. Now you only owe us $0".

B)

And to think most folks would go ' holy crap I should pay up"

kudos brother

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#442 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:42 AM

I actually brought the issue to the attention of my Uncle, who usually does my taxes for me (he's a former big bank executive so he's the family's go-to money guy), and he double checked with his own accountant and they both suggested that he probably made a mistake and that I would have to pay it, but I was like "I ain't giving up that easily!"

I guess that's what happens when you're an unemployed lawyer with too much time on your hands...
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#443 doobeedobedoo

doobeedobedoo

The bAdmin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Bangin' broads

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

As corny as it sounds, coming back to this forum and seeing familiar faces. totally makes my day knowing we still love this forum.

Posted Image

#444 Cal

Cal

i can't control my niggaz, and my niggaz can't control m

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:crying and listening to bthats

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

View Postdoobeedobedoo, on 13 June 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

As corny as it sounds, coming back to this forum and seeing familiar faces. totally makes my day knowing we still love this forum.

we all still lurk it

#445 charles

charles

oh i hate that guy

• Admin
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:58 AM

http://peggo.co/

you probably will use that site.

archon of nothing
and lord of dispersing
but i cannot keep
my cursive phalanges
from fucking cursing

#446 doobeedobedoo

doobeedobedoo

The bAdmin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Bangin' broads

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:22 PM

Wow this hasn't been updated in a while. Well...

A little about myself; I help people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. My end goal in life is to start up a place of my own providing services to individuals with I/DD for them to thrive and accomplish everything they want in their life. My philosophy is that in order to know what you're doing in this field, you need to experience first hand what individual's with I/DD deal with every day. Therefore, I've bounced around all over the place with jobs, picking up 2-3 at a time, supporting individuals in their community, work, pre-vocational, etc. I want to know all aspects in an individual's life so that way, down the road, when I open up a non-profit, I know what I'm talking about.

So I've helped individuals in the community, pre-voc, life, and the last thing I needed to experience was helping individuals obtain and maintain employment. I moved to North Carolina because there was a good job that would help me experience that (and I wanted to finish my masters at UNC/Duke). Well, long story short, since I've been hired a month and a half ago, I've helped about 5 individuals with Autism obtain jobs, I've helped over 5 through interviews (complete side note, I have about 25 on my caseload and there have been no individuals with autism hired by employers in this company for the past 5 months before I got hired. I've found out that I'm a wordsmith when it comes to employers), and I've pretty much built momentum to help everyone else on my caseload succeed in obtaining and maintaining employment.

Today specifically, I got one of my individuals with Autism a job. I know he's gonna do amazing. If anyone is on the fence with what they want to do with their lives, I totally recommend working in the I/DD population. Oh my god does it make you feel like you've earned a place in this world. Makes you want to give that 110% day in and day out (even in a residence).

Posted Image

#447 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:28 PM

Got called for a second round job interview for what sounds like a fairly promising job doing exactly what I want to do.

Now i just have to prepare for a 6-hour interview and put together a 30 minute presentation...
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#448 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:30 PM

That sounds rough. Best of luck!
I will not be a parasite.

#449 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • 3,255 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

A few days ago I found out that I got a temporary shift lead position at work. No raise (because they'd have to take the raise away at the end of the three month period) but I'll get a 10% bonus in January!
Here's to being a sort-of boss!

I also got confirmation this morning that I've been approved to move into my coworkers apartment on October 1st.
Less expensive and closer to work than where I'm living now, and I WON'T BE IN A SHITTY BASEMENT ANYMORE!

HUZZAH
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#450 FrankTheHermit

FrankTheHermit

Lost in my head, hand to my heart

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:39 AM

Got to see an Anthony Green show tonight which was awesome. I've seen Circa Survive, but never an Anthony solo show. It was amazing, and he sang us a special impromptu song about pineapple juice which was....really something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users