• Please log in to reply
535 replies to this topic

#521 kyla

kyla

This rant brought to you by the good folks at BRAWNDO

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:Well, the game is pretty straightforward. You can choose to spin or you can choose to choose. If you choose to spin, you can land on spin, or choice, or lose a spin, or lose a choice, or free spin, or free choice, or spin again.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

wellll when you put it like that, even if I had wanted some cashmoney for my time I'd be hard pressed to ask for it now! But I don't, so it's all good.

I am going to be moving in the next couple weeks and then will need time to get settled in, so it wouldn't be til towards the end of September that I'd be realistically able to crank these out. I'll need to buy a screen and emulsion but would be doing this anyway regardless of this project.

I'd probably need $$ for ink and maybe we could all split the cost of the screen/emulsion (as in me 50%, everyone else 50%). That would be more than enough compensation for my time. I can get screen material on eBay for around $20 which would be enough for 2 screens. That way once I burn the LATR design, I can keep the screen as is for awhile, incase people want one latr or something.

Folks could also potentially send me a blank tee and I could send it back printed or also for those in distant lands, I could get the blank and then send it out so that you're not incurring 2x international shipping. I ship tees through the mail all the time and it costs ~$3 (contiguous US) depending on the size & material of the shirt. So $6 round trip for shipping if you already have a blank tee you like, like a soft n sexy v neck you love or something. Plus whatever we decide per shirt to cover materials.

Or we could somehow order a multipack of tees in everyone's size somehow. Then I would print them and mail em. That would be cost of tee + $3ish shipping (US) + small materials fee ($2?).

Many options to consider.

I'd like to keep it at $10-12 shipped since y'all got super pro shirts done/shipped for around $15.

I could also print on whatever, really. Sweatshirt, beach towel, cape, bandana...

Also, if someone finds a good deal with a real printing company, go with that for now.

Edited by kyla, 31 August 2013 - 01:26 AM.

#522 ms_leading13

ms_leading13

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Do you maybe have a picture of another shirt you made once? I'm curious to see how shirts made like that come out.

#523 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

FYI I used this place last time http://www.jakprints.com/

#524 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

View Postkyla, on 30 August 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

I could also print on whatever, really. Sweatshirt, beach towel, cape, bandana...

New plan. We form a new international superhero team and we all fight crime while wearing matching LatR capes.
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#525 ms_leading13

ms_leading13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 31 August 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

View Postkyla, on 30 August 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

New plan. We form a new international superhero team and we all fight crime while wearing matching LatR capes.
Posted Image

#526 kyla

kyla

This rant brought to you by the good folks at BRAWNDO

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:Well, the game is pretty straightforward. You can choose to spin or you can choose to choose. If you choose to spin, you can land on spin, or choice, or lose a spin, or lose a choice, or free spin, or free choice, or spin again.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

View Postms_leading13, on 31 August 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Do you maybe have a picture of another shirt you made once? I'm curious to see how shirts made like that come out.

I don't have any of my "work" uploaded to a cloud (I am away from home for the summer), so this is all I could drum up. This first photo is actually from the very first screen I ever made many moons ago. It's on the bag I have with me, so I was able to snap a photo of it. I made it 6?5? years ago which can be seen by the disgusting state of the fabric and also through the general ricketyness of the design.

This one I grabbed from a website and cropped to protect the innocent. It shows a marked improvement over the first:

It's essentially the same process used by most printing houses, just done as a one off and without fancy equipment. To describe it real quick like, you take a glorified window screen and slather it in light sensitive chemicals (emulsion w/ sensitizer). Your design is printed on a transparency in black ink. (Actually it doesn't have to be printed but usually is. For the GO patch, I just drew on the transparency which totally shows. The camp shirt was drawn but then digitized and printed.)

The transparency is then placed on the prepped screen with a high powered lightbulb over it. The light "bakes" the emulsion into a non water soluble barrier while the design that was not exposed to the light (by means of the black ink on the transparency) remains water soluble. Then, utilizing the magic powers of water & pressure, you wash the design from the screen, leaving a stencil of the design to be used for printing.

#527 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

View Postkyla, on 01 September 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

It's essentially the same process used by most printing houses, just done as a one off and without fancy equipment. To describe it real quick like, you take a glorified window screen and slather it in light sensitive chemicals (emulsion w/ sensitizer). Your design is printed on a transparency in black ink. (Actually it doesn't have to be printed but usually is. For the GO patch, I just drew on the transparency which totally shows. The camp shirt was drawn but then digitized and printed.)

The transparency is then placed on the prepped screen with a high powered lightbulb over it. The light "bakes" the emulsion into a non water soluble barrier while the design that was not exposed to the light (by means of the black ink on the transparency) remains water soluble. Then, utilizing the magic powers of water & pressure, you wash the design from the screen, leaving a stencil of the design to be used for printing.

Jeepers; In high school (waaaaayyy back in the 90's) we were taught how to carefully cut our design out by hand, using an exacto knife and film paper.... This is a much better method, because you can have "floating" spaces.
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#528 ms_leading13

ms_leading13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Haha well good on you for knowing what your doing with something so complicated.

#529 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:07 PM

so I just finished a move and found I have one LATR shirt remaining (medium I believe). If any one wants this let me know.

#530 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:17 PM

FYI this is what it looks like for the newbies

Posted Image

#531 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
  • Interests:Music, Video Games, Reading, Friends, Talking, Etc Etc

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:28 PM

We should make these.
Sing Softly, Sing me to The Lake...
Sing Softly, Bring me to The Lake...

#532 KingofRain86

KingofRain86

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Music, Netflix, Videogames

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:24 AM

Damn, I would be interested but I'm so not a medium.
Posted Image

#533 Harryog77

Harryog77

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:07 AM

I'd be interested and am probably a medium. What would I have to do?

#534 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:17 PM

memories

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#535 robholding

robholding

Heart Throb Holding

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:50 PM

Never had one, but same. For some reason it reminds me of that massive drawing thingy that Kari did based on the Acts. Where is Kari anyway?

#536 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:08 PM

Silver chimed in recently, I assume they are living the dream

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users