#1 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:37 PM

So remember years back when we attempted to create an ultimate "Introduction to The Dear Hunter" playlist?

Who's up for doing another one, but this time using only the Acts? Sort of a "Best of..." and/or "Good Intro to the Band" playlist. Ideally not much longer than about 80 minutes.

Who wants to start?!?
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#2 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:07 PM

Hmm... maybe when I have a little bit more time tomorrow night or over the weekend I'll put together a whole list. For now, I think Waves should definitely be on there - it's short, it's sweet, and has an awesome amount of depth to it with the strings and layered vocals. My brother isn't all that into TDH, but when he went with me to the Act II and III shows a while back that song really stuck with him. He's said that the studio version is one of the best songs he's heard in the best ten years.
I will not be a parasite.

#3 whatwasyourname

whatwasyourname

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:meteorology, YuGiOh, drumming, forgetfulness

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:05 PM

I think first we should figure out the highlights of every album. While I haven't been around the band for a very long time and thus have had the misfortune of never hearing The Lake and the River live, I think Inquiry of Ms. Terri and The Lake and the River are definitely staples from the older albums. TL&tR captures the entirety of the band's early sound in a nearly 10 minute song that basically melted my heart on first listen. It's heavy and fast, it's soft and forgiving, it gives a lot of insight into the naive mind of our main character.

#4 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

We should definitely include the winners from the game we used to play (where we +1/-1 the songs).

ActI- 1878
ActII- LatR
ActIII- Life and Death

Do we have to start it up again for ActIV? Did we even do one for it?
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#5 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

We did not. Somebody should make one for Act IV and Act V. I don't know all the rules, otherwise I'd do it. I'm too lazy to go look
I will not be a parasite.

#6 Mickey

Mickey

Son, Don't Be Afraid To Call On Those Who Love You Most.

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Interests:The Dear Hunter, video games and vinyl.

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:54 PM

Too soon for Act V probs.

ULTIMATE PLAYLIST IS ALL SONGS IN ORDER BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE 5 HOURS+

#7 FrankTheHermit

FrankTheHermit

Lost in my head, hand to my heart

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

Alright, so I made a playlist quickly just for fun, and it's way over 80 minutes. It's almost 2 hours, but with like 5+ hours of music to work with I don't think it's that ridiculous. I chose songs that I felt lead in to each other well, but at the same time all the songs are still in chronological order. It also covers, what I feel to be, the whole spectrum of the Acts. I made sure to include at least one song in each style (heavy, symphonic, acoustic, acapella, etc). I'm not suggesting this is an end all be all playlist, but I figured I'd share it just for fun. Let me know what y'all think, because it can probably be edited a little to be better, but for now I might be sending this to some friends to get them interested in the Acts.

Spoiler

Edited by FrankTheHermit, 24 September 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#8 CruelAndBitterHeart

CruelAndBitterHeart

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:06 PM

This was super hard, especially given the 80 minute time limit. I tried to do an equal number of songs from each album and tried to make it flow like a concert setlist would. Here goes nothing:

1) Battesimo del Fuoco
2) In Cauda Venenum
3) A Night on the Town
4) City Escape
5) The Moon
6) The Lake and the River
7) 1878
8) Cascade
9) King of Swords
10) What it Means to be Alone
11) The Squeaky Wheel
12) The Fire (Remains)
13) Life and Death
14) Red Hands
15) Black Sandy Beaches

It was hard as hell trying to find a good spot for King of Swords but since I love that song so much it had to be on there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users