- - - - -

The Woods Brothers debut album Produced by Casey Crescenzo is DONE!

debut album the woods brothers casey crescenzo the dear hunter new music progressive rock rock opera act 1 new album release date

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Film, working in film production, playing music (Piano specifically), listening to music, The Dear Hunter, The Mars Volta, The Fall of Troy, Muse, Antemasque, At The Drive-In, Thrice, Opus Dai, Oedipus, JJXO, among many other bands. LOVE playing videogames, PS4 owner, watching movies and collecting blu-ray's, eating good food, hanging out with friends.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

Hey everyone! Chris Woods here, just wanted to let you all know our record is finally done and submitted for distribution via cdbaby. Hopefully we didn't take too long to lose your interest... I know I have been posting here about it for a year and a half or so... But in case you guys are still interested, keep up with us at Facebook.com/thewoodsbrothers for more updates as we zero in on our final release. We will have hard copies in hand no latr than August 24th to send out to those who donated for a hard copy of the album. You will be able to purchase it on cdbaby.com and as soon as we have iTunes release info, we will let you know when that is as well. It's very likely that the record will be available sooner digitally, but we are working on that today and should know more soon hopefully. This has been way more work than I ever imagined (a record label would be nice), but we did it! Thank you guys again for your support and enthusiasm. We can't wait for you all to hear the final product!

#2 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:14 PM

very cool!

#3 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:29 PM

http://www.cdbaby.co...hewoodsbrothers

#4 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Film, working in film production, playing music (Piano specifically), listening to music, The Dear Hunter, The Mars Volta, The Fall of Troy, Muse, Antemasque, At The Drive-In, Thrice, Opus Dai, Oedipus, JJXO, among many other bands. LOVE playing videogames, PS4 owner, watching movies and collecting blu-ray's, eating good food, hanging out with friends.

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:47 AM

The CD Baby preview link is up to preview tracks. Our album is in the "inspection" phase and if all checks out ok, it should be available for purchase by our release date on 8.24.16. Here is a little bit more about the record courtesy of our co-producer/guest vocalist & guitarist/lyricist/writer Morgan Jones:

"After studying music together as children and playing in separate bands as young men, Chris and Nick Woods have now created something entirely their own. The Woods Brothers, with the aid of producer Casey Crescenzo, have given us a concept album that tells the story of a wandering people in search of new beginnings after tyranny, destruction, and death engulf their homeland. While characters may remain nameless and places undefined, the tale contains within it tragically familiar reminders of our volatile nature as a species. How we struggle in hope against the pain of our cyclical, patterned lives. How we build, how we destroy, and how we build again. Featuring 10 different vocalists, 11 different guitarists, Casey Crescenzo of "The Dear Hunter," Thomas Erak of "The Fall of Troy," world-renowned singer/songwriter Elliott Yamin, and more, The Woods Brothers' debut album is a monumental achievement. In both its lyrical concept and musical execution, it is a testament to the power of collaboration in the search for a better life."

#5 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:38 AM

album is out. I just ordered the CD, so I'll have to wait a few days before hearing it, but I'm really looking forward to it.

https://www.cdbaby.c...hewoodsbrothers

#6 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:09 PM

Thank you for ordering it! I hope you enjoy

#7 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:21 PM

yeah, I just received it in the mail yesterday and finally got to hear it today.

Very good record! Pretty consistent track-2-track. I kind of do get a Neverending White Lights thing in the sense of the different singers on each song, but it still works.

I mean to post something in my blog and places like YouTube, etc soon about the record. I know some sites already have like altprogcore among them.

Really happy for you guys to finally have it out, and you can definitely hear Casey's presence on a lot of it (which is a good thing).

#8 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

Thanks so much man, I'm glad you dig it! Any blog posting or sharing anywhere is much appreciated. If you want any pictures or anything to use, feel free to message us on our Facebook page and I can send you some for your blogs. We are stoked it's finally out, it was a long haul... But we did it and are very proud. Casey really took our music to the next level. I'm glad you noticed his presence on the record too because he is all over it. From the guitar solo in the introduction to his vocals/guitar work on Terra Firma, and not to mention all the acoustic guitar parts and rhythm guitar on the record. He was definitely a huge part of the overall sound. There are a lot of subtle things he did too like programmed synths and other layers in the mix. We are grateful to have had him as a producer and collaborator. Such a cool and freakishly talented dude.

Also tagged with debut album, the woods brothers, casey crescenzo, the dear hunter, new music, progressive rock, rock opera, act 1, new album, release date

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users