- - - - -

Currently recording with Casey!Mr. Crescenzo is Producing me and my brothers debut album

thedearhunter caseycrescenzo tdh progressiverock thewoodsbrothers newmusic act1 melodicrock act4 act5

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Film, working in film production, playing music (Piano specifically), listening to music, The Dear Hunter, The Mars Volta, The Fall of Troy, Muse, Antemasque, At The Drive-In, Thrice, Opus Dai, Oedipus, JJXO, among many other bands. LOVE playing videogames, PS4 owner, watching movies and collecting blu-ray's, eating good food, hanging out with friends.

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

Thanks guys! I just got "Terra Firma" back from The Mastering House last night and it sounds incredible! Casey really took it to the next level, not only by Producing and engineering the S#@% out of it at his studio, but with his vocal performance as well. Really excited to share it with everyone, and I hope that my fellow TDH fans will appreciate it and get a kick out of listening to it. I will keep you guys posted on the release, again just waiting to hear back from everyone in Casey's camp, but as soon as I get the go ahead, I will put it up online and post a link here so you guys can check it out! In the meantime, if any of you are curious to check out our facebook page, we took lots of pictures and short video clips of the recording process with Casey at his brand new studio, so feel free to check it out if it tickles your fancy. (www.facebook.com/thewoodsbrothers)

Thanks again for your interest everyone!

-Chris

#22 robholding

robholding

Heart Throb Holding

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

Holy shit I'm looking at the updates - you got Thomas Erak on it too?! That's mental. Congrats.

#23 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Film, working in film production, playing music (Piano specifically), listening to music, The Dear Hunter, The Mars Volta, The Fall of Troy, Muse, Antemasque, At The Drive-In, Thrice, Opus Dai, Oedipus, JJXO, among many other bands. LOVE playing videogames, PS4 owner, watching movies and collecting blu-ray's, eating good food, hanging out with friends.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:30 PM

View Postrobholding, on 17 April 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

Holy shit I'm looking at the updates - you got Thomas Erak on it too?! That's mental. Congrats.

Yeah dude! I'm stoked to have him on board. I used to play keys for Thomas Pridgen (former Mars Volta drummer) in his band "The Memorials" that he started after leaving The Mars Volta, and we played a show with Thomas Erak in Washington on our National Tour. At that time he was doing "Just Like Vinyl" and he was a super cool dude. That was years ago however so I am surprised he remembered me after only playing one show together when I asked him if he wanted to make a guest appearance on my record. Very cool of him to agree to be a part of it. As you can probably imagine, his song is by far the heaviest and most intense on the record, haha. But the eclectic ensemble of musicians we are enlisting to do this with us will really give the album an interesting listening experience, so I am stoked for that!

#24 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostSky, on 03 March 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

That's disappointing, man. Not because I can't acknowledge how long of a process making a record is, or how busy Casey and you guys are, or how much work goes into the whole thing, but because I'm so excited for it. Just from the little snippets I've heard it sounds great - enough so that I pledged for the CD, something I usually don't do (I'm a heartless, moneyless bastard I suppose). I'm super happy that you guys are getting to work with someone you admire, and I wish you the best of luck in getting it all done.

Just hurry it up, would ya?

Eh, patience was never a virtue I had the time for. :D

Just sent our single out to all of our indiegogo campaign contributors as an early sneak peak before we release it publicly. So if you donated through Indiegogo and provided a valid email address you should have it in your inbox! Sorry to keep everyone waiting, and it should be up online for everyone else soon!

#25 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:50 PM

Save us, Terra Firma!
I will not be a parasite.

#26 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostSky, on 22 May 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

Save us, Terra Firma!

You must have donated to the campaign if you know that lyric, so thank you! I hope you are enjoying the single!

#27 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:36 PM

Ok guys, it's time!

"Terra Firma" by The Woods Brothers feat. Casey Crescenzo will be officially released this coming Monday June 29th, 2015! Keep up with us on Facebook to find out where you can hear it first! www.facebook.com/thewoodsbrothers

I Hope everyone is doing well, and I can't wait to share our creation with you! We hope you guys get a kick out of it, it turned out pretty cool! :)

#28 lolokaust

lolokaust

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:08 PM

They just put up a small film up. The music is sounding great. I endorse this album.
https://www.facebook...ewoodsbrothers/
Propagandafuhrer!

#29 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:24 PM

yeah I'm rather intrigued by it, even more after seeing that. I finally posted something in my blog about it today.

#30 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:12 PM

View PostDave., on 03 March 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

Wow! Thank you for posting about this. Just checked out your facebook page and I'm very much looking forward to your release. All the teaser clips sound awesome! Love all of the clips of Casey shredding over your songs. The piano on all of your stuff sounds incredible so far! You guys seem to be right up my alley and I'm incredibly excited for you to have Casey of all people producing your record.

When can we expect the first single to drop? What about the album?

We are getting very close now to mastering the rest of the record. We just put up a new single today, and we released a micro-documentary on the album earlier in December as well. You can listen to our 2 released songs on soundcloud.com/thewoodsbrothers and you will find a link to the documentary on our Facebook page (facebook.com/thewoodsbrothers). Thanks for your kind words and we hope you dig our stuff! Looking forward to a full release in the coming months!

#31 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:17 PM

View PostSoundscapeMN, on 16 December 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

yeah I'm rather intrigued by it, even more after seeing that. I finally posted something in my blog about it today.

Thanks again for posting about us in your blog! In case you didn't see it yet, we posted a new single today! It's up on soundcloud. Vocals by my good friend Toby Forrest from my first band I ever played in called "Cityzen". Lead guitar by my buddy Alex Potts who played with me in Thomas Pridgen's band "The Memorials" for a couple tours. And you will hear some nice acoustic guitar accents from Mr. Crescenzo himself! Hope you enjoy it, and feel free to share or post about it wherever you like. We appreciate your help in spreading the word and music!

#32 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:08 AM

Sorry for my laziness, but I am just going to copy and paste my new post I made the other day in this thread since more people posted in this thread. In case any of you are still curious about updates on our progress, here you go!

And I quote...

"Hello again friends! You may have forgotten about me in my absence while we take forever to finish this record... BUT we finally released a new single today! This will be our final single before the full release which is getting close! I think... haha. Anyway, this song has vocals by my good friend Toby Forrest who was the singer in my first band years ago called "Cityzen". The lead guitar was done by my buddy Alex Potts who played with me in Thomas Pridgen's band "The Memorials" for a couple tours while I had a run with them. And the bass, keys, and drums are of course my brother and I, and our good friend Kevin Alvey who came with us to Casey's studio to record all the bass while we recorded all the keys and drums. As I may or may not have stated before, you will be hearing a different singer and different lead guitar player on every song, making this a very eclectic collaboration record. So this song while written again by my brother and I, has a different vocal style, and lead guitar style from our first single "Terra Firma" with Casey singing. We hope every song will have a familiar but different feel to keep it interesting as you listen to the whole record. So enjoy this new tune, and any feedback is welcome!

We also recently put out a micro-documentary about my brother and I and our album that my friend wanted to make for us. That will give you a better idea of who we are and why we are doing this album together. There are also some cool pictures and clips of us recording with Casey at his Port Angeles studio too! So I will post a link to that as well. Thanks for listening guys!"

New Single "The Beginning"
https://soundcloud.c...rs/thebeginning

Micro-Documentary "The Woods Brothers - Musicians Without Restrictions"
https://vimeo.com/148874967

#33 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:01 PM

Hey guys! I know it's been a while since I have posted, but our album that Casey Produced is finally done and submitted to cdbaby.com for distribution. Hard copies will be available no latr than August 24th, 2016 and we will have digital release information soon! It may be available online sooner, so I'll keep you all posted! It's been a long haul and quite a process to independently release an album, but we couldn't be more proud of what we accomplished and created. I know some of you donated to our campaign, so thank you again, and we are also working on wrapping up all our donor perks and delivering those as well. Keep up with us at Facebook.com/thewoodsbrothers for more updates as we close in on our final release!

Also tagged with thedearhunter, caseycrescenzo, tdh, progressiverock, thewoodsbrothers, newmusic, act1, melodicrock, act4, act5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users