- - - - -

Currently recording with Casey!Mr. Crescenzo is Producing me and my brothers debut album

thedearhunter caseycrescenzo tdh progressiverock thewoodsbrothers newmusic act1 melodicrock act4 act5

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Film, working in film production, playing music (Piano specifically), listening to music, The Dear Hunter, The Mars Volta, The Fall of Troy, Muse, Antemasque, At The Drive-In, Thrice, Opus Dai, Oedipus, JJXO, among many other bands. LOVE playing videogames, PS4 owner, watching movies and collecting blu-ray's, eating good food, hanging out with friends.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

Hey fellow TDH fans! I am new here and wanted to introduce myself and what I am up to. My name is Chris Woods and I play keyboards, and my brother Nick is a drummer (Ironic I know...) and we have been playing together our whole lives and are just now finally recording our debut album together. I purchased the $2,000 perk on Casey's campaign for his symphony to secure 2 days in the studio with him to record our first single. It went very well, and Casey loved our music and agreed to sing on the track for us, and also added a little guitar here and there along side my other guitar player. Vocals have not been done yet, but it sounds amazing and I couldn't see myself recording the rest of our album with anyone else, so I asked him if he would be willing to produce the rest of the 12 track record, and he was super down. We are currently working on the initial tracking with him in his brand new studio where he is working on the new TDH material. We are 3 days in to our 12 day session and it's going amazing! He is an incredible Producer and Pro-Tools engineer and the sounds we are getting at his studio are incredible. As a long time fan of TDH, this is truly a dream come true, and he has been a major influence on my music, so if you like TDH, you may just dig some of our stuff. We are also doing a fundraiser to pay for the production costs. If there is anybody out there that wants to check it out and either help spread the word, or potentially donate, we would be forever grateful. You can copy and paste this link to go to our campaign page to read about what we are doing: igg.me/at/thewoodsbrothers

If you want to follow us on Facebook and get updates on the recording process, check out pics of us and Casey in the studio, as well as some video clips, click this link: www.facebook.com/thewoodsbrothers

Thank you for listening!

-Chris

#2 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

I hear you're recording with casey?

#3 Jank

Jank

The One Who Janks

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

View PostScott, on 01 March 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Dave.

Dave.

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:29 PM

Wow! Thank you for posting about this. Just checked out your facebook page and I'm very much looking forward to your release. All the teaser clips sound awesome! Love all of the clips of Casey shredding over your songs. The piano on all of your stuff sounds incredible so far! You guys seem to be right up my alley and I'm incredibly excited for you to have Casey of all people producing your record.

When can we expect the first single to drop? What about the album?
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#5 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Film, working in film production, playing music (Piano specifically), listening to music, The Dear Hunter, The Mars Volta, The Fall of Troy, Muse, Antemasque, At The Drive-In, Thrice, Opus Dai, Oedipus, JJXO, among many other bands. LOVE playing videogames, PS4 owner, watching movies and collecting blu-ray's, eating good food, hanging out with friends.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

View PostScott, on 01 March 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

We sure are, and we are having a blast!

#6 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostDave., on 03 March 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

Wow! Thank you for posting about this. Just checked out your facebook page and I'm very much looking forward to your release. All the teaser clips sound awesome! Love all of the clips of Casey shredding over your songs. The piano on all of your stuff sounds incredible so far! You guys seem to be right up my alley and I'm incredibly excited for you to have Casey of all people producing your record.

Thanks for your interest in our project man! I appreciate the kind words. To answer your questions, our first single has Casey singing the vocals on it, and we have been so busy with the rest of the record that we have not gotten around to vocals just yet. I also need to record some other singers and guitar players when I get back home to LA to finish the record before I send it back to Casey to mix everything. We are featuring different singers and guitar players on every track. In fact, not sure if there are any Fall of Troy fans out there, but Thomas Erak is coming into the studio tomorrow to lay down guitar and vocals on a track for us which should be pretty cool! But anyway, I am thinking by the time Casey completes the TDH tour he just announced, that we will be ready to send everything back to him to mix and he will have time to lay down the vocals on our first single. So I am hoping to be able to release a single in June sometime and hopefully the rest of the record latr in the summer/fall. But as far along as we are already, I still have a lot of work to do!

#7 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:51 PM

That's disappointing, man. Not because I can't acknowledge how long of a process making a record is, or how busy Casey and you guys are, or how much work goes into the whole thing, but because I'm so excited for it. Just from the little snippets I've heard it sounds great - enough so that I pledged for the CD, something I usually don't do (I'm a heartless, moneyless bastard I suppose). I'm super happy that you guys are getting to work with someone you admire, and I wish you the best of luck in getting it all done.

Just hurry it up, would ya?

Eh, patience was never a virtue I had the time for. :D
I will not be a parasite.

#8 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

I'll check it out, and try and include something in my blog (allmediareviews) per time. The description almost reminds me of Neverending White Lights in a way (different singers and musicians on each song, etc).

Edited by SoundscapeMN, 03 March 2015 - 09:22 PM.

#9 Holyhunter

Holyhunter

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, finding ways to make things awkward

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

View Postkillerkeys86, on 03 March 2015 - 08:22 PM, said:

So I am hoping to be able to release a single in June sometime and hopefully the rest of the record latr in the summer/fall. But as far along as we are already, I still have a lot of work to do!
Do it on the 15th so I have a cool birthday present to look forward to

Really can't wait for this, I'll probably pledge sometime next week

#10 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

View PostSky, on 03 March 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

That's disappointing, man. Not because I can't acknowledge how long of a process making a record is, or how busy Casey and you guys are, or how much work goes into the whole thing, but because I'm so excited for it. Just from the little snippets I've heard it sounds great - enough so that I pledged for the CD, something I usually don't do (I'm a heartless, moneyless bastard I suppose). I'm super happy that you guys are getting to work with someone you admire, and I wish you the best of luck in getting it all done.

Just hurry it up, would ya?

Eh, patience was never a virtue I had the time for. :D

Trust me, I want to put it out so bad! I have terrible patience too, but both Casey and I want this to be something special. He wants to take his time with the vocals on his song, and I appreciate that. And because I have so many other people to record based on so many different schedules, it could take a little while. But I will be working on it whenever I can between work, so hopefully we can get it all done sooner then latr!

#11 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

View PostSoundscapeMN, on 03 March 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

I'll check it out, and try and include something in my blog (allmediareviews) per time. The description almost reminds me of Neverending White Lights in a way (different singers and musicians on each song, etc).

Would love to be a part of your blog! Anyway we can spread the word more I am all for, so thank you!

#12 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostHolyhunter, on 03 March 2015 - 11:09 PM, said:

So I am hoping to be able to release a single in June sometime and hopefully the rest of the record latr in the summer/fall. But as far along as we are already, I still have a lot of work to do!
Do it on the 15th so I have a cool birthday present to look forward to

Really can't wait for this, I'll probably pledge sometime next week

I'll do my best!

#13 Jorss

Jorss

Hurr Durr

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:33 AM

Thanks for your interest in our project man! I appreciate the kind words. To answer your questions, our first single has Casey singing the vocals on it, and we have been so busy with the rest of the record that we have not gotten around to vocals just yet. I also need to record some other singers and guitar players when I get back home to LA to finish the record before I send it back to Casey to mix everything. We are featuring different singers and guitar players on every track. In fact, not sure if there are any Fall of Troy fans out there, but Thomas Erak is coming into the studio tomorrow to lay down guitar and vocals on a track for us which should be pretty cool! But anyway, I am thinking by the time Casey completes the TDH tour he just announced, that we will be ready to send everything back to him to mix and he will have time to lay down the vocals on our first single. So I am hoping to be able to release a single in June sometime and hopefully the rest of the record latr in the summer/fall. But as far along as we are already, I still have a lot of work to do!

That sounds really cool! Good luck with everything and trying to get people you want on your record seems like a difficult task so good luck with that as well!

Posted Image

#14 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostJorss, on 04 March 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

That sounds really cool! Good luck with everything and trying to get people you want on your record seems like a difficult task so good luck with that as well!

Thanks man! So far so good, Casey is doing a track and Thomas from The Fall of Troy is with us as we speak recording his track. So 2 for 2 so far... The only other two I am worried about are Matt from RX and Cedric from The Mars Volta which will depend solely on whether or not they like the songs we will be sending them. The rest of the artists are all friends of mine from Los Angeles and they are all ready to do it when the time comes. So hopefully it all works out!

#15 Dave.

Dave.

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:24 PM

Sounds like it's going to be amazing! I'm definitely going to be spreading your stuff around once it's released.
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#16 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

View PostDave., on 05 March 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

Sounds like it's going to be amazing! I'm definitely going to be spreading your stuff around once it's released.

Sweet, thanks dude!

#17 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

UPDATES! UPDATES! UPDATES!

Casey has recorded his vocals on our first single "Terra Firma" and sent it to us to do backing vocals, which we banged out in 5 hours the next night. Then we sent it back to Casey to do the final mix which he did, and it sounds amazing! Just a few notes he is addressing today and I should have it by the end of the day. As you all know, he hit's the road soon, so we are trying to get this done before he takes off, and so far so good. I have already spoken to a mastering house that is ready to master the song Wednesday or Thursday, and then I will have our first single completed and ready to drop latr this week! Just have to make sure it's cool with Casey and his label/management team that I put this out before his next release because obviously with him singing on it, it could prove to be a conflict of interest with The Dear Hunter releasing something with Casey all over it that is NOT The Dear Hunter before their next release. So once I find that out, I will be ready to drop this track as soon as everything else allows me to. But maybe if I put it out for streaming only, and not for sale yet, that might change the perspective and could potentially be ok with all parties involved... Only time will tell, and hopefully it won't be more then a week before we have a song out for everyone to enjoy until we release the whole album latr this year, hopefully sometime in the fall. The goal is hopefully September for the whole record if all goes well, and obviously I will keep you guys updated as we go! Casey KILLED IT on "Terra Firma" and I can't wait for the world to hear it (those in the world who know about it anyway). We are super pleased with how it turned out, and I am hoping all my fellow TDH fans will enjoy it as Casey is a huge influence on me and my music, not to mention a huge part of this song and the rest of the record as well. Anyway, I hope you guys dig it, and I will post as soon as we drop the song!

#18 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:09 PM

+1 Excitement
I will not be a parasite.

#19 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:34 AM

I like the use of the latr ;)

#20 DerekAdams32

DerekAdams32

Oh, What A Terrible, Terrible Game He Plays!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Scary Movies, Strategy Games

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:19 AM

View PostSoundscapeMN, on 16 April 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

I like the use of the latr ;)

the word "lat er" (no space) always auto corrects to "latr". Try it yourself!

But I am super super excited to hear this!

Edited by DerekAdams32, 16 April 2015 - 07:20 AM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with thedearhunter, caseycrescenzo, tdh, progressiverock, thewoodsbrothers, newmusic, act1, melodicrock, act4, act5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users