Jump to content


- - - - -

RAP THREADThe thread formerly known as "new weezy"


  • Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#21 Obvious

Obvious

    OMG! Wat hav I dun?

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:25 AM

i'm so fucking white. i've completly missed all of this hodownbangshibang.
Posted Image

#22 clarissa

clarissa

    The Only One That Didnít Fold

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Gender:f
  • Location:boston

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:20 PM

it's not so much being white as being australian. show us some aussie hip hop dave, haha.

#23 dalbert

dalbert

    Introducing of Ms. Terri

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Rochester, NY
  • Interests:Music (writing, playing, listening), politics, being lame, TDH.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

View Postiwannatipcows, on Jun 22 2008, 10:33 PM, said:

i love everything lil wayne does.
including his verse in back that azz up.

and for real, this cd is great. its really experimental-sounding. like if the flaming lips made rap.

Hmm, Jay-z/Linkin Park worked, why not Lil-Wayne/Flaming Lips, it's the same amount of words and hyphens.

#24 Keagan

Keagan

    BREATHE IN! BREATHE OUT!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:Music and Women. Lots of women.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

Jay Z and Linkin Park did not work. Anything with Linkin Park is doomed to fail.

Posted Image


#25 clarissa

clarissa

    The Only One That Didnít Fold

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Gender:f
  • Location:boston

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:09 PM

They Grey Album > Collision Course by a million. I liked Adam's comparison to The Flaming Lips experimentation, but I couldn't picture melding the two together. It would be so off.

#26 dalbert

dalbert

    Introducing of Ms. Terri

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Rochester, NY
  • Interests:Music (writing, playing, listening), politics, being lame, TDH.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

View PostKeagan, on Jun 23 2008, 04:05 PM, said:

Jay Z and Linkin Park did not work. Anything with Linkin Park is doomed to fail.


View Postclarissa, on Jun 23 2008, 04:09 PM, said:

They Grey Album > Collision Course by a million. I liked Adam's comparison to The Flaming Lips experimentation, but I couldn't picture melding the two together. It would be so off.

See I agree that Grey album was better, although I think it was a bit overrated. I mean, some of the songs worked really well together and some failed horribly.

I found one mixing a metallica album with the black album that was pretty awful except for a cool "99 problems"

I think the flaming lips would be an excellent choice for mash ups, but I doubt Lil Wayne would be the best choice because of his flow sometimes being a little stream-of-consciousness and only making sense in the context of the beat/song. However, I can dream, can't I?

#27 B Don

B Don

    Introducing of Ms. Terri

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

-

#28 Infidel

Infidel

    Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:15 PM

Guys, the only good rappers are 2Pac and GZA.

Lil Wayne is retarded, and his music sucks.

#29 Keagan

Keagan

    BREATHE IN! BREATHE OUT!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:Music and Women. Lots of women.

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

View PostInfidel, on Jun 26 2008, 06:15 PM, said:

Guys, the only good rappers are 2Pac and GZA.

Lil Wayne is retarded, and his music sucks.

0-2 today

Posted Image


#30 Infidel

Infidel

    Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

View PostKeagan, on Jun 26 2008, 06:17 PM, said:

View PostInfidel, on Jun 26 2008, 06:15 PM, said:

Guys, the only good rappers are 2Pac and GZA.

Lil Wayne is retarded, and his music sucks.

0-2 today

Wuh?

#31 B Don

B Don

    Introducing of Ms. Terri

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:20 PM

-

#32 Infidel

Infidel

    Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

View PostB Don, on Jun 26 2008, 06:20 PM, said:

View PostInfidel, on Jun 26 2008, 06:15 PM, said:

Guys, the only good rappers are 2Pac and GZA.

Lil Wayne is retarded, and his music sucks.


Weezy, Kanye, and Immortal all blow them away.

Plus Dre's Detox is going to melt faces.

Wow. GZA and 2Pac are the 2 greatest rappers of all time.

#33 clarissa

clarissa

    The Only One That Didnít Fold

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Gender:f
  • Location:boston

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

dude gtfo you're not cool by saying old rappers are the best. Fucking duh Tupac and GZA were awesome. Get with the program, it's 2008. True fans of a genre don't relish in the past, they innovate

#34 Keagan

Keagan

    BREATHE IN! BREATHE OUT!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:Music and Women. Lots of women.

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

View PostInfidel, on Jun 26 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

View PostB Don, on Jun 26 2008, 06:20 PM, said:

View PostInfidel, on Jun 26 2008, 06:15 PM, said:

Guys, the only good rappers are 2Pac and GZA.

Lil Wayne is retarded, and his music sucks.


Weezy, Kanye, and Immortal all blow them away.

Plus Dre's Detox is going to melt faces.

Wow. GZA and 2Pac are the 2 greatest rappers of all time.

0-4

Posted Image


#35 Infidel

Infidel

    Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:49 PM

View Postclarissa, on Jun 26 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

dude gtfo you're not cool by saying old rappers are the best. Fucking duh Tupac and GZA were awesome. Get with the program, it's 2008. True fans of a genre don't relish in the past, they innovate

I'm gonna say this now.
********WARNING: DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED***********

Ok. Here we go. I'll star out the bad words kk.

This "new rap" s*** that is made is just that--s***. IT SUCKS. ALL THESE N****** RAP ABOUT IS "YO I F***** DIS B**** FROM DA CLUB! SHE LICKED MY D*** LIKE A LOLLIPOP! YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CRACK DAT COTTON GIN!" That proves that "rap" stands for "retard attempting poetry". If you listen to some SMART RAP, like GZA, then you'd know the difference between the shit rap we have today and the great rap we had before this shit came around.

#36 Keagan

Keagan

    BREATHE IN! BREATHE OUT!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:Music and Women. Lots of women.

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

View PostInfidel, on Jun 26 2008, 06:49 PM, said:

View Postclarissa, on Jun 26 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

dude gtfo you're not cool by saying old rappers are the best. Fucking duh Tupac and GZA were awesome. Get with the program, it's 2008. True fans of a genre don't relish in the past, they innovate

I'm gonna say this now.
********WARNING: DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED***********

Ok. Here we go. I'll star out the bad words kk.

This "new rap" s*** that is made is just that--s***. IT SUCKS. ALL THESE N****** RAP ABOUT IS "YO I F***** DIS B**** FROM DA CLUB! SHE LICKED MY D*** LIKE A LOLLIPOP! YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CRACK DAT COTTON GIN!" That proves that "rap" stands for "retard attempting poetry". If you listen to some SMART RAP, like GZA, then you'd know the difference between the shit rap we have today and the great rap we had before this shit came around.

hahahahahahahahaha

Okay I said I was done, but this just shows how ignorant your stupid ass is.

You seriously need a wake up call on life.

Posted Image


#37 Infidel

Infidel

    Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

How am I ignorant? Today's rap's lyrics are nothing. No meaning. Now if you look at GZA you'll see the complete opposite. Lyrics with meaning. Lyrics that make sense.

But please, my kind sir, enlighten me on today's rap.

#38 Keagan

Keagan

    BREATHE IN! BREATHE OUT!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:Music and Women. Lots of women.

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

I am not doubting GZA one bit. The man is great. But to say that all rap nowadays is shit about niggahs fucking dis bitch from da club is just like looking at Cute is What We Aim for and saying LOOK!!!! ALL POP PUNKY WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT TO LABEL THEM MUSIC IS SHITTY!!! SHANTS A GIRL!!! ALL GUYS IN BANDZ LIKE THAT ARE GIRLS! THE LYRICS ARE ABOUT GIRLS!!!! ALL DA BANDS ARE THE SAME!!!! THEY AINT GOT SHIT!!!!!

Listen to Atmosphere.

Posted Image


#39 AreJay

AreJay

    Stuck In The Middle Of Patience And Animosity

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Location:Brookfield, IL.

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:24 PM

View PostInfidel, on Jun 26 2008, 06:49 PM, said:

View Postclarissa, on Jun 26 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

dude gtfo you're not cool by saying old rappers are the best. Fucking duh Tupac and GZA were awesome. Get with the program, it's 2008. True fans of a genre don't relish in the past, they innovate

I'm gonna say this now.
********WARNING: DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED***********

Ok. Here we go. I'll star out the bad words kk.

This "new rap" s*** that is made is just that--s***. IT SUCKS. ALL THESE N****** RAP ABOUT IS "YO I F***** DIS B**** FROM DA CLUB! SHE LICKED MY D*** LIKE A LOLLIPOP! YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CRACK DAT COTTON GIN!" That proves that "rap" stands for "retard attempting poetry". If you listen to some SMART RAP, like GZA, then you'd know the difference between the shit rap we have today and the great rap we had before this shit came around.

listen to Kidz In the Hall, Wale, Immortal Technique, Brother Ali... The Grouch, Murs, Scarub, Eligh, or just Living Legends as a whole... Aesop Rock, Zion I, Blu & Exile, MF DOOM, Cali Agents, Mikkey Halsted, Ghostface, and Tech N9ne. Then come back here and say you're sorry.
Posted Image

#40 Infidel

Infidel

    Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

Ghostface and Tech N9ne isn't new...But it is great stuff.

And to be honest, I was talking about the mainstream rap shit that is played on the radio. I honestly haven't heard of any of the stuff you posted, aside from Immortal, Ghostface, and Tech N9ne. That would fall under the category of smart rap.

I'll go listen to the people you named, and I know already I'm gonna hafta apologize. But as I said, I was referring to the mainstream rap bullshit that is played on the radio. Weezy, Kanye, 50 Cent, Akon, Souljew Boy, ect. all fall under "mainstream rap bullshit".




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users