Jump to content


- - - - -

The River NorthNew Member

new member hey hi hello the lake south the river north

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheLakeSouth

TheLakeSouth

    A Common Whore At The Dime

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Interests:Music, burritos, playing bass, asking questions, living life and such cause hey, why not.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:10 AM

Hey all.

I'm new here, but I've loved TDH for years. I am a huge Act-head, so I can't wait until Act IV comes out.
I'm actually very surprised that no one had "TheLakeSouth" as a username...
Super pumped to be a part of this community. You all seem like great people, and I think it'll take me a few days to go through all of the posts here so I don't ask anything old.
I play bass in a couple bands, so if there are any bassists out there, :thumbup: and let's have a great time talking about the beauty of the basslines of TDH.

:caseyshark:
cool.
So, so they say.

#2 FrankTheHermit

FrankTheHermit

    Lost in my head, hand to my heart

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

Welcome! Fellow bass player here! Surprisingly enough, I haven't learned too many TDH songs, but the song "But There's Wolves?" is my favorite to play. It's easy and super fun to jam along to.

#3 TheLakeSouth

TheLakeSouth

    A Common Whore At The Dime

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Interests:Music, burritos, playing bass, asking questions, living life and such cause hey, why not.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:14 PM

Ah, what a great song.

I haven't learned too many TDH songs on bass either, but the end of Bitter Suite 3 (meaning like around the 5 minute mark) has to be one of the prettiest lines ever. It's wonderful.

Also, nice to meet you!
So, so they say.

#4 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

    Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

  • Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Gender:f
  • Location:Silver Spring, MD
  • Interests:Screenwriting. Art. Ukulele. Enjoying life one adventure at a time.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:33 PM

Welcome to forums! Favorite Act/song?
Posted Image
_The leaves and the trees remember me_

#5 TheLakeSouth

TheLakeSouth

    A Common Whore At The Dime

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Interests:Music, burritos, playing bass, asking questions, living life and such cause hey, why not.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

View Posttwotimesthedime, on 26 June 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

Welcome to forums! Favorite Act/song?
I would have to go with Act II as my favorite Act, but I honestly kind of lump Act I and II together because I feel like Act I is the prequel to II...so I love both.

Favorite song...? That's hard...I mean I've been nonstop listening to A Night On the Town since it came out, but I think His Hands Matched His Tongues is one I cannot get enough of. Incredible song.

Also, to anyone wondering, Red is my favorite color, mostly because We've Got A Score To Settle is so. freaking. heavy.
So, so they say.

#6 DerekAdams32

DerekAdams32

    Oh, What A Terrible, Terrible Game He Plays!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Nolensville, TN
  • Interests:Politics, Scary Movies, Strategy Games

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:17 PM

Yay Nashville! I'm in the Lennox Village area. Can't wait for the TDH show at Exit In in October!!!
Posted Image

#7 TheLakeSouth

TheLakeSouth

    A Common Whore At The Dime

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Interests:Music, burritos, playing bass, asking questions, living life and such cause hey, why not.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostDerekAdams32, on 26 June 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Yay Nashville! I'm in the Lennox Village area. Can't wait for the TDH show at Exit In in October!!!
Me too dude! It's funny, I got my whole band into TDH this past year and we're all going together. :crazy:

Can't wait!
So, so they say.

#8 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

    Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

  • Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Gender:f
  • Location:Silver Spring, MD
  • Interests:Screenwriting. Art. Ukulele. Enjoying life one adventure at a time.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostTheLakeSouth, on 26 June 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

View Posttwotimesthedime, on 26 June 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

Welcome to forums! Favorite Act/song?
I would have to go with Act II as my favorite Act, but I honestly kind of lump Act I and II together because I feel like Act I is the prequel to II...so I love both.

Favorite song...? That's hard...I mean I've been nonstop listening to A Night On the Town since it came out, but I think His Hands Matched His Tongues is one I cannot get enough of. Incredible song.

Also, to anyone wondering, Red is my favorite color, mostly because We've Got A Score To Settle is so. freaking. heavy.

That's awesome. We have the same exact favorites to the T! Of course, I've really been digging Violet a lot lately (Red is still up there though), but His Hands Matched His Tongue is seriously the best.
Posted Image
_The leaves and the trees remember me_

#9 TheLakeSouth

TheLakeSouth

    A Common Whore At The Dime

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Interests:Music, burritos, playing bass, asking questions, living life and such cause hey, why not.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

View Posttwotimesthedime, on 26 June 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

View PostTheLakeSouth, on 26 June 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

View Posttwotimesthedime, on 26 June 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

Welcome to forums! Favorite Act/song?
I would have to go with Act II as my favorite Act, but I honestly kind of lump Act I and II together because I feel like Act I is the prequel to II...so I love both.

Favorite song...? That's hard...I mean I've been nonstop listening to A Night On the Town since it came out, but I think His Hands Matched His Tongues is one I cannot get enough of. Incredible song.

Also, to anyone wondering, Red is my favorite color, mostly because We've Got A Score To Settle is so. freaking. heavy.

That's awesome. We have the same exact favorites to the T! Of course, I've really been digging Violet a lot lately (Red is still up there though), but His Hands Matched His Tongue is seriously the best.
That's awesome! Yeah, Violet is awesome too. I would say that Black has to be high up on the list because of how...well, dark it is. It really captures the color well, as does every EP I think. I got really into Act III in the past few months, but II has a special place for me.
So, so they say.

#10 popnfresh

popnfresh

    We're Dropping Off Like Guns And Flies

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Michigan
  • Interests:Nothing. Stuff.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:51 PM

i also bass
Pull yourself out of the gutter
Motherfucker
When you're bleeding
And it feels just like your bleeding

#11 stretts

stretts

    GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

  • Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Adelaide, OOOOSTRARLEEARR
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:54 PM

Gday and welcome! Post lots!

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits


Last.FM






Also tagged with new member, hey, hi, hello, the lake south, the river north

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users