• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

Let's talk about the best show on television.

I know it's almost over, but these next couple of months are going to be so exciting, I'm sure we'll have lots to discuss.

Let me begin by re-sharing this awesome video that was found in another thread:
http://www.youtube.c...5Wbl2qz1Y#at=13

(why is it posting a link and not the damn video? I HATE it when this happens!)
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#2 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • 3,255 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostKari, on 12 August 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

View Poststretts, on 12 August 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

Breaking Bad spoilers contained within:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also, I like Hank, but I don't think he deserves to "defeat" Walt. Hank isn't NEARLY as smart or savvy as Walt is.
For fuck's sake, most of what Hank has accomplished was by chance, or accident.
I'm not saying that Hank isn't a good detective, because he is great at putting the puzzle together and tracking down the missing pieces, but let's face it, he's no Sherlock and he's certainly no hero.
If they end the series with Hank killing Walt, I'll be very disappointed because frankly, I don't feel like he's earned it.
Posted Image

#3 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

SO: Even more to say:

The writers are amazing (as we all know), but how many of you caught the little references last night? Last night they compared Walt to Gus. Walt is becoming Gus.

When Walt would visit Gus in the restaurant, Gus was very professional and would not respond to Walt's business queries. Gus would say, "Was everything to your liking?"
When Lydia visited Walt at the car wash, Walt was exactly the same: "Have an A-1 day!"

When Gus was in Mexico, and went to the bathroom to throw up the poison, he carefully folded a towel and placed his knees upon it.
Walt did the exact same thing when sick from his chemo.
Posted Image

#4 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostKari, on 12 August 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

The writers are amazing (as we all know), but how many of you caught the little references last night? Last night they compared Walt to Gus. Walt is becoming Gus.

Walt taking on the traits of people he's killed is sort of a running theme in the show.

After he killed Crazy 8 he started cutting the crusts off his sandwiches.
After he killed Gus he started driving a Volvo
After he killed Mike he started taking his drinks on the rocks (he had previously taken them neat)

I recently saw a theory pointing all of this out, then also noting that, in the Season 5 opener where Walt was getting food at a Denny's, he arranged his bacon like Skylar did, and he was using Skylar's maiden name on his ID, leading some to think that this suggests he's going to end up killing Skylar.
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#5 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostKari, on 12 August 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

If they end the series with Hank killing Walt, I'll be very disappointed because frankly, I don't feel like he's earned it.

If anybody gets to kill Walt it's gotta be Jesse...
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#6 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 12 August 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

View PostKari, on 12 August 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

If anybody gets to kill Walt it's gotta be Jesse...

My thoughts exactly.

I'm curious to find out how Jesse finds out about everything.
Posted Image

#7 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

Another theory I have is that Walt will fake his own death, and take on a new identity in New Hampshire (using Skylar's maiden name).

The graffiti in his own house which says "Heisenberg" tells us that everyone knows the truth about Walt.
When his neighbor sees him outside, she reacts as if she's seen a ghost.

But then what the heck does he need that huge gun for?
Posted Image

#8 sextonhardcastle

sextonhardcastle

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Words cannot describe how amazing this show is. Jesse is out of this world sympathetic. This episode's throwing money out of a car was just one in a long line... poor, poor Jesse.

#9 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

View Postsextonhardcastle, on 12 August 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Words cannot describe how amazing this show is. Jesse is out of this world sympathetic. This episode's throwing money out of a car was just one in a long line... poor, poor Jesse.

I think it's interesting how at the beginning of the show Jesse is presented as some low-life junkie. He made lots of bad decisions and didn't care about his life.
As the series went on, I became increasingly sorry for Jesse. Sure he made some bad decisions, but Walt has fucked him SO BADLY, and Jesse doesn't even know. Jesse wants to trust Walt, and was trapped in a relationship out of fear... Fear of the Feds, fear of Gus, fear of the cartel... but he's most afraid of Walt. Even still, Jesse wants to trust him.

Walt is such a master manipulator, he even called Jesse "son" when he lied and said that he didn't kill Mike.
Posted Image

#10 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

He's so good that I almost found myself believing him when he said he didn't kill Mike.

#11 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 12 August 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

He's so good that I almost found myself believing him when he said he didn't kill Mike.

I wanted him to be MY dad when he called Jesse "son"

Posted Image

#12 daniel

daniel

BASED MOD

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Music and sitch.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

animated spoilers
Spoiler

We'll talk about how we'll change but we will never follow through.
Posted Image

#13 CrescenzoCaptivated

CrescenzoCaptivated

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:TDH obviously, Robert Downey Jr, Hockey, Superhero movies, Drums

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

Alright, so here's my theory based off of last night's episode: Although Hank is aware that Walt is Heisenberg, he can't do anything about it. Walt has a crapload of leverage. However, if Hank were to get Jesse to confess to everything, Walt is screwed. I think this leads Walt into using the ricin on Jesse. Walt then spray paints his own house, giving Heisenberg all the credit. Walt can fake his death, and his family can go into hiding. That would explain his neighbor's reaction to seeing him.

#14 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostCrescenzoCaptivated, on 13 August 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

Alright, so here's my theory based off of last night's episode: Although Hank is aware that Walt is Heisenberg, he can't do anything about it. Walt has a crapload of leverage. However, if Hank were to get Jesse to confess to everything, Walt is screwed. I think this leads Walt into using the ricin on Jesse. Walt then spray paints his own house, giving Heisenberg all the credit. Walt can fake his death, and his family can go into hiding. That would explain his neighbor's reaction to seeing him.

But Walt didn't come back for the ricin until well after he's already gone into hiding.

#15 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 13 August 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

But Walt didn't come back for the ricin until well after he's already gone into hiding.

And obviously he needs the ricin for something, otherwise he would have just left it where it was....
Posted Image

#16 daniel

daniel

BASED MOD

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Music and sitch.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

aaron paul ama
http://www.reddit.co...aaron_paul_ama/

We'll talk about how we'll change but we will never follow through.
Posted Image

#17 CrescenzoCaptivated

CrescenzoCaptivated

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:TDH obviously, Robert Downey Jr, Hockey, Superhero movies, Drums

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostKari, on 13 August 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

View PostZeppelinDT, on 13 August 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

And obviously he needs the ricin for something, otherwise he would have just left it where it was....

Hm, true

#18 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

There are two things I love about this show.

You start off liking a guy like Walt because he seems to have the very best intentions in everything. He just wants what's best for his family. It's not until you start looking into his past with his ex best friend that you realize he is a greedy, potentially horrible man. He's also an overgrown child, which you learn. He was best fit as a high school chemistry teacher no one cared about because it kept him humble. Now he's the monster he was always capable of being.

How most characters grow through this time...usually in a slow growth. If you told me that I would like Hank at the end, I'd tell you that you were out of your mind! And we all wish Jesse would stop being an idiot.

#19 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

#20 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

so latest episode - amazing once again, acting is phenomenal, the cinematography fantastic, everything is just perfect. Fuck them for making me wait till next week to see what happens with the hank/jesse interrogation

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users