6 replies to this topic

#1 alexsohani

alexsohani

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:24 PM

Hi everyone, I've been a longtime fan/lurker on this forum but decided to finally jump in and make an account. Got into The Dear Hunter back in 2006 through a friend of mine who was a TREOS fan and had caught wind about Casey's "new side project". First song I ever heard was The Pimp and the Priest and I have not looked back since.

I just saw the guys perform in Atlanta for my seventh show, and I'll be flying out to San Francisco to see them perform with the Awesöme Orchestra on the 28th. If anyone will be out there, I'd love to say hey.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

#2 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:53 PM

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the show on the 28th, it sounds like it's gonna be pretty cool.
I will not be a parasite.

#3 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:55 AM

Hey, welcome welcome! Were you one of the gents for story time? I drove up for that one. Welcome to the boards! That was a pretty rad show and I'm a tad jealous of the travel for the orchestra!

#4 alexsohani

alexsohani

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 18 October 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

Hey, welcome welcome! Were you one of the gents for story time? I drove up for that one. Welcome to the boards! That was a pretty rad show and I'm a tad jealous of the travel for the orchestra!

Yeah! I was there with a couple of my friends. Wearing a red t-shirt and jeans. My buddy is the one who asked if casey could sign his stuff. I've been super addicted to the "Dogman Encounters" podcast since Casey brought it up (so funny!).

I'm lucky in the sense that I travel a lot for work so I have racked up some SkyMiles and hotel points and it made the trip to San Fran a no brainer!

#5 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

I couldn't believe there were 112 episodes...112! And there was a guy named Jon Stewart who wrestled in Chicago (one of my jobs is that I film & edit pro-wrestling). That podcast is absurd! I was the one that made the coffee blend joke early on. Glad you made it...I feel like we should've told the ladies to come check out the board since they were so friendly & liked meeting people who loved the band!

#6 alexsohani

alexsohani

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 19 October 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

I couldn't believe there were 112 episodes...112! And there was a guy named Jon Stewart who wrestled in Chicago (one of my jobs is that I film & edit pro-wrestling). That podcast is absurd! I was the one that made the coffee blend joke early on. Glad you made it...I feel like we should've told the ladies to come check out the board since they were so friendly & liked meeting people who loved the band!

We linked up on facebook after the show, so I can tell them to come check out the board!

#7 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

Welcome!
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users