- - - - -

First Time Poster - Long Time Listener *spoilers too*Intro and story about story time

introduction. act v story time

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lostbutnotallgone

lostbutnotallgone

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:05 AM

Hello fellow Dear Hunter fans! My name is Lisa, I live in Denver, and I have been listening to The Dear Hunter since 2006 or 2007? I know my first show was in 2007 with Circa Survive, and I have seen them at least a dozen times since (I really wish I had kept track). They are far and away my favorite band and I absolutely love them. I also love the fact that Casey always takes the time to talk to you if you approach him. He used to mingle a lot more before and after the shows, and he still does, but not as much as I remember in the earlier years. I have had many opportunities to talk with him about the albums or just stuff in general over the years, including a very special time right after Colors. He is always very humble and sweet, and if you don't mind sweaty hugs, he will usually give sweaty hugs post show.

Like many of the fans, this music has gotten me through a lot in my life, and all of the albums are very near and dear to my heart. His music is so different than everything else, I can just get lost in it for hours. As I have gotten older, I find it can be a lot harder to find the time to really just sit and listen to albums any more. But, I always make the time for Dear Hunter albums, there is no other way to listen to them. And their live shows are unworldly, I am just so filled with joy and smiling ear to ear the entire time. I have been so extremely lucky to see them as many times I have had, in at least 4 different states and in several different cities.

EDIT** Sorry, evidently story time is not to be shared.

#2 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:13 PM

WHOA! Thank you for sharing & glad you joined in! Holy crap...now I really have to focus & add these pieces together...

#3 lostbutnotallgone

lostbutnotallgone

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

#4 greatjorb88

greatjorb88

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:01 PM

Hey, just curious but did Casey say it was okay to share story time details? Because at the Seattle story time, he seemed to give the impression that he wanted it kept secret until the tour was over.

#5 lostbutnotallgone

lostbutnotallgone

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

View Postgreatjorb88, on 16 September 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

Hey, just curious but did Casey say it was okay to share story time details? Because at the Seattle story time, he seemed to give the impression that he wanted it kept secret until the tour was over.

Really?? He didn't say anything about that, he just said to ask whatever.

But if he said that in Seattle I can take down that stuff, I definitely wouldn't want to say anything I shouldn't!!

#6 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

Welcome new member (haha I said member).

Don't kick yourself over the storytime spoilers. It was an honest mistake. If Casey wants it all hush-hush he should straight-up tell everyone that.
No hard feelings (thanks for the tasty tidbits while they lasted!)

What's your favorite color and your favorite color ep?
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#7 lostbutnotallgone

lostbutnotallgone

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:47 PM

View PostKari, on 16 September 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

Don't kick yourself over the storytime spoilers. It was an honest mistake. If Casey wants it all hush-hush he should straight-up tell everyone that.

Thanks! My favorite color in real life is green, but my favorite color ep is probably white. Most of those songs feel like a hug.

#8 drummerboyblue

drummerboyblue

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:18 AM

View PostKari, on 16 September 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

giggity

Also tagged with introduction., act v, story time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users