• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 filthsqualor

filthsqualor

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:46 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Clinton and I hail from the windy city of Chicago. I was a bit surprised to discover this forum while searching for some guitar tabs. Anyhow, a little bit about me and my obsession with the Dear Hunter, I randomly downloaded the Color Spectrum album a few years ago, probably 2011/2012. I listened to a few songs randomly, and admittedly nothing really caught my ear. If only I had known what I was missing, this obsession would surely have began much sooner.

The Dear Hunter was pretty much off of my radar completely until I moved here to Chicago last year and decided to get three a three day pass to Riot Fest. I noticed that they were on the lineup and started listening to them a little more, and decided to check them out live. I hopped on a divvy and rode the 6+ miles to the park and watched as they got set up. One of the first things I noticed was how full and crisp the sound was at their show (especially in comparison to the other acts I had seen there the day before, which had terrible sound).

Long story short, I really enjoyed the show, and it was shortly thereafter that I became obsessed with their music. I can confidently say that I listen to The Dear Hunter daily, and haven't tired of the music a bit. It's been a while since I've really gotten hooked on a band (see Umphrey's McGee circa 2004), and I genuinely appreciate their music, the lyrics, and Casey's voice.

What an unbelievable band.

I was unable to make it to the DeKalb show despite it only being an hour or so from where I live in Chicago. Needless to say I was beside myself that I couldn't go, and I thought that it would probably be a year + before I would have the chance to see them again. Never have I been more excited to find out that they're releasing Act V and playing in Chicago, less than a mile from my apartment in September.

Hope to see some of you there, it's going to be fantastic.

Cheers!

#2 popnfresh

popnfresh

We're Dropping Off Like Guns And Flies

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Nothing. Stuff.

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

Chicago is a cool town.
I'm Collin & I'm fat :(
WELCOME!
Pull yourself out of the gutter
Motherfucker
When you're bleeding
And it feels just like your bleeding

#3 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:53 PM

Hi Clinton, welcome to the forums!

Do you prefer the Acts or Color Spectrum? Or both?

What is your favourite type of taco?

-Alex

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#4 filthsqualor

filthsqualor

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:03 AM

View Postpopnfresh, on 07 August 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

Chicago is a cool town.
I'm Collin & I'm fat :(
WELCOME!

Nice to meet you Collin. Chicago is most definitely a great place to be. I've gotten pretty overweight over the course of the last 3 years since I started working an office job, so don't beat yourself up about it. Thanks for the welcome!

#5 filthsqualor

filthsqualor

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:22 AM

View Poststretts, on 07 August 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

Hi Clinton, welcome to the forums!

Do you prefer the Acts or Color Spectrum? Or both?

What is your favourite type of taco?

-Alex

Thank you Alex, happy to be here!

I'm partial to the acts (bought all 4 acts on vinyl and am impatiently awaiting Act V to be delivered), but I do have a soft spot in my heart for much of Color Spectrum as well. Filth & Squalor/Never Forgive, Never Forget are two of my favorite opening songs on any album ever, so there's that. I can safely say that there's not really a TDH song that I don't like, I more or less just have some favorites.

As far as tacos go, you would probably get an easier answer if you asked "what is your least favorite type of taco". I'll say that either carnitas or al pastor tacos are my "favorite", but I do not discriminate on tacos.

Anyhow, looking forward to becoming a more educated fan through this forum.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users