1 reply to this topic

#1 saltpeter

saltpeter

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:57 AM

But not enough to hollow me out. :P

I've been listening to TDH since Act I thanks to an online friend introducing me to TREoS around 2004. As is probably the case with most of you, TDH is one of my favorite bands. They get better with each new album. But for me it's not just because the band is maturing. The way the music paints the story is maturing over time, with layers of musical and lyrical self-reference building with each release. That might be what I like most about the Acts.

I signed up for this forum specifically to discuss a thing I've been bouncing around in my mind. I wish to compile a chart, depicting all the references that cross multiple songs, from the obvious, like "The flame is gone, the fire remains," to the subtle, like the melody to Wait occurring at the tail end of A Night on the Town. No one in my life I could discuss this with who would appreciate it the way I do, so I figured I'd look for a place of like-minded individuals.

Thoughts? Opinions? Already been done?

#2 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting. Art. Ukulele. Enjoying life one adventure at a time.

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:01 PM

Hey, welcome to the forums!!

And in answer to your question, I made this gigantic list of every reprise in Act IV a while back, so your chart's, like, a fourth of the way there. Enjoy, friend.

http://www.lakeandth...?showtopic=3734
Posted Image
_The leaves and the trees remember me_

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users