"The Revival" LyricsTrying to nail down the actual lyrics, but I gave it my best shot

act v the revival lyrics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FeatherWriter

FeatherWriter

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

So, first time poster, but I've been a TDH fan for coming up on a year now. The Priest is undeniably my favorite character, so when I first heard "The Revival" I immediately had to try to figure out what the lyrics are. I feel like these are mostly correct, but I've marked the few that I'm unsure about. The bridge in particular seemed to give me some trouble. Anyone else able to make out what the exact words are?

Spoiler

I can hear some whispered words in the background before the bridge, but the only thing I can make out there is something that sounds like "associate." Anybody got better ears than me?

That said, I'm curious what exactly this enterprise is that The Boy and The Priest seem to be in together. The Priest obviously sings most of it, with an interlude from The Boy for the bridge, but have they just built a new and improved version of The Dime, or is it some other new kind of playhouse or strip club or speakeasy or something? I can't quite tell.

That said, I'm thinking more and more that by the time this album is over, The Boy may just get his revenge on The Dime and "burn it to the ground." We shall see...

Edited by FeatherWriter, 05 August 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#2 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:56 AM

I believe it is:

Now who to blame but I for tying
These knots so well at my wings?
The noose would surely find me
If I'm too wily
But what of the life I've lived?

Thanks for taking the time to jot 'em down. Based on what we know so far, I think The Dime is now a separate place that The Pimp/Priest runs full time. The Boy, meanwhile, has taken over duties at the church - thus why he would be in the confessional in Light.
I will not be a parasite.

#3 FeatherWriter

FeatherWriter

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:02 AM

Ooh, yes, thank you that does make sense! I went ahead and edited the original to update with that. I feel like sometimes there's just lyrics that don't click until someone points them out to you for whatever reason. And as for the story stuff... hmmmm that definitely makes sense!

EDIT:
And it appears that my work was unnecessary, since there's actually a lyric video! The lyrics above now match the video and I updated all the parts that I hadn't gotten right or hadn't heard. I'm very glad they gave the hard-to-hear background lyrics that are before the bridge too, as tragic as they actually are:

Another candidate for giving her bruises
Another night that she'll dissociate
Another man who thinks the rules don't apply to him

Another candidate for giving her bruises
Another night that she'll dissociate

Edited by FeatherWriter, 05 August 2016 - 04:11 PM.

Also tagged with act v, the revival, lyrics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users